Honda Civic Diesel Confirmed for Europe

Thread Starter #1
Civic.JPG

Honda will launch a smaller capacity diesel engine to help it compete with rival car manufacturers in Europe.

"Honda UK managing director David Hodgetts confirmed the new engine would be introduced about a year into the life of the next-generation Civic model, but could also be offered on Accord and Jazz models."

It is likely that the next Civic - due to be unveiled at the Frankfurt Motor Show in September, and on sale in the UK from January 2012 - will be initially offered with the 150bhp i-DTEC engine, but a year into its life will come with a smaller diesel option.
Source: Fleet News (U.K)

Thread Starter #3
Boon to all Honda lovers[clap]
Expecting a big competition for Cruze & Altis[thumbsup]
The confirmation has been there for the European markets, and not for the indian markets yet[;)]. Hopefully Honda will consider the indian markets for the diesel launch soon after the UK launch. Also before india, the Thai market would get the Diesel Honda.

The confirmation has been there for the European markets, and not for the indian markets yet[;)]
:stupid:on seeing the title "Civic Diesel" jumped in joy and "Europe" was out of my sight. Expecting a Diesel Honda mill in India atleast in near future.

Honda diesel is good news but let us hope that tax for diesel vehicles are not up by the time Honda introduces the car here!

If that happens before the car's launch, then petrol/diesel variation would not bother us much!

Thread Starter #7
Good looking car but boot is not as big as we have in current avatar. To me it is an extention of JAZZ or JAZZ++.

What do you say ?
The car in the image is the 5 door Civic which is sold in U.K which looks much like a compact sedan unlike the indian version. This version wont make it to india. The image used is just for the illustrative purpose. You can have a look at their line of cars in U.K here: Honda U.K.

The car in the image is the 5 door Civic which is sold in U.K which looks much like a compact sedan unlike the indian version. This version wont make it to india. The image used is just for the illustrative purpose. You can have a look at their line of cars in U.K here: Honda U.K.
Can we call it a notchback rather a sedan ? I understand the purpose of the picture now but still it cannot be referred as sedan. [:)]

Thread Starter #9
The car in the image is the 5 door Civic which is sold in U.K which looks much like a compact sedan...
Thats why i said "looks like"[:)]. The Civic in pic is the Si hatch back. The European markets have all the 3 versions of Civic, the coupe, hatchback and sedan.
Getting back to the main topic, i feel Honda should start their Diesel plans in full blow for other markets as well if they really wish to maintain decent sales of their products.

Last edited:
eveybody know honda should launch diesel in india but they are not. well autocarindia caught diesel crv testing in india but its only in our imaginations! honda is very uncertain about bringing diesel in india..why??

Top Bottom