Honda Civic - A Legend

Thread Starter #136
oh ok then i shall inquire at the nearest Honda dealership soon. also why is more noise coming in aside from the beadings?

and the front shocks are completely done. every pothole is felt in the cabin.

I guess the rubber has worn out. I got it changed in case of my Indigo, but in City, not yet.

When you go for to HASS, take a cam along, and make sure you do a proper photoshoot of your Civic.

Thread Starter #138
I guess the rubber has worn out. I got it changed in case of my Indigo, but in City, not yet.

When you go for to HASS, take a cam along, and make sure you do a proper photoshoot of your Civic.
sure man. will try a proper photoshoot and it doesnt have to be at HASS. [:D]

Thread Starter #139
sorry for misleading info before. It is actually approaching 78K kms now. It is going great guns. But I feel transmission feels hot like if i put my hand to feel it, it feels hot after like 20-30minutes continous drive. is that ok? will get it checked in the next service.

Thread Starter #140
My baby Civic turned 7 years old yday!! Really glad with the experience soo far. Also i am quite sad I couldn't really gift her anything because soo busy with exams. After 26th Jan, will surely get something for her. Engine still revvs like a new beast and easily touches red-line in any damn gear!! excellent. she will be going in for a 80K servicing soon so she will be fresh again after a doctor's checkup. Really love her to the core.

Thread Starter #142
no way man. parents dont allow such stuff. :P

btw, the car will stay with us for some more time now since its doing rather well.

Thread Starter #144
once a VTEC man, always a VTEC man. :P not sure man. i'm probably going to not see the car much at all soon when i go to college so no point.

Thread Starter #145
GUYS!! day before yday, A/C had problems. it was spewing out only hot air in full power. went to Honda dealership and they said 3 days to repair and 9.8K baht. they suggested another shop right beside the dealership which is an independent A/C mechanic. We went to him and he said 5K and 2 hours job only. We agreed to ASAP and he proceeded to do it. When the job was done, the mechanic was putting the timing belt on back the car and when engine started, the belt started tearing. Took the belt out, the shopkeeper went and bought a new belt with same specs and put it on. nothing went wrong so kept driving.

But yesterday, was returning from somewhere, the belt snapped again. cant drive the car as the torn parts of the belt are flying everywhere in the engine so to protect the engine, i stopped engine. Pushed the car home which was about 600 meters.

I think this is the first breakdown ever in my life. And it is quite saddening that it had to be the Civic. Will get it towed to Honda dealership here and will see what can be done.

Thread Starter #146
Luckily car need not be towed at all. The garage owner changed the belt for free(used one just for temporary usage) and we took it straight to the dealership to get everything fixed.

total bill was 20K baht. which is around 38K INR but including 80,000kms servicing. 4 brake pads getting changed, timing belt, pulley, some tension bar thingy, rubber mounting for engine which cracked and increased vibrations. thats it.

Thread Starter #149
this is last pic I have of my darling baby. It is going to be sold soon. lots of memories attached to it. lots of crazy stuff done with it...

Good bye my darling and hope you serve your new owner well.

and on another note, expect something new also since parents are moving to delhi.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
[cry][sad]:frown:

It might be 7-8 years old, but its a bloody good design, ageless really - it puts modern sedans to shame! Even after i sold i keep thinking to myself if i should have sold it. A civic is a beautiful machine, hope the next owner takes good care. Yours looks exquisite, adios to the legend and stay well my friend.

Last edited:

Top Bottom