Honda City ZX Issue - Problem Unknown!!!

Thread Starter #1
Hi all. I really need to tell you guys about my city zx issue. I purchased this 2006 model in Aug 2010. At that time the car had done only 39k kms.and was in really good shape.
I thought of making a long trip to Agra from Delhi, with 5 adults seated in the car and boot filled with luggage. The problem i faced was whenever the car faces any bump the weird sound comes from the rear as if the rear tyre is getting rubbed by the body. After coming back from the trip, i examined the car with three people seated at the back and no luggage at all, then also the same noise came.
When i send my car to the Honda Service Station, they said that there is no problem with the suspension. The noise is coming because i had big tyres than original. But, my question is, can this be the reason? I will tell you the exact tyre size in the next post. But till then if someone else also had faced the same problem with their Honda City, then do tell.

might be the tires are fouling with the wheel arches. do you have any problem when turning the car. the default size is 175/65/R14. 185/60 R14 or 185/65 R14 would be the right upgrade size

might be the tires are fouling with the wheel arches. do you have any problem when turning the car. the default size is 175/65/R14. 185/60 R14 or 185/65 R14 would be the right upgrade size
The problem would not surface when turning since it is coming from rear.

Please let us know your tyre size. Alternatively what you can try is, jack up the rear (on two jacks) and then rotate each of the rear tyres to see if they are touching anything. Also try to see any traces of leaks around the shocks.

freakdude.

Thread Starter #6
No I do not have any problem when turning the car. It only occurs when there is a bump on the road and my tyre size is 195/50 R15. Now are tyres the problem[confused]

Turbo , I think you have same problem like mine.
Can you see stretch marks on your rear tires ?

And here is the solution - http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/technical-zone/5190-stepper-installation-zen.html
Yes i can see stretch marks on my rear tyres.....

Last edited by a moderator:
No I do not have any problem when turning the car. It only occurs when there is a bump on the road and my tyre size is 195/50 R15. Now are tyres the problem[confused]

Going the Stepper way is one solution and other is to go for shock replacement.
Option 1 - cheap and lesser reliable
Option 2 - Costlier but more reliable

Get it checked at a reliable garage also to seek professional opinion/diagnose.

freakdude.

Its not a big issue. If you have thought of installing bigger tyres, then its not bad to think about installing rear suspension spacers. Go & contact any mech & change the thin stock spacer to a thicker one. Should give you exact 1.5inch space at the rear. Worked on my alto. No problem till now[:)]

Top Bottom