Honda City VX: Airbags Didn't Work!

Thread Starter #1
I have a Honda City VX and had an accident, pics of the car i am sharing , the concern is the airbags didn't worked in-spite so severe accident. Please suggest that what should be done because now every time its a matter of concern and worry that the airbags in my car didn't work.

Attachments

Akash1886

Honoured Member
I have a Honda City VX and had an accident, pics of the car i am sharing , the concern is the airbags didn't worked in-spite so severe accident. Please suggest that what should be done because now every time its a matter of concern and worry that the airbags in my car didn't work.
Sad to see the state of the car. I would like to know how the accident occurred i.e was it a head-on hit or a side hit? Secondly which year did you buy the car? Have you checked if your car is under the official airbag issue recall from Honda? I am saying so because even my own Honda CITY was having defective airbag inflator for both driver and passenger side which were changed in ASC.

For Your Reference: Link1 & Link 2

Regards
Akash

It is unfortunate that you met with an accident. I hope you and other passengers didn't had major injuries.

Did you wear seat belt when you met with an accident? Because airbag won't deploy otherwise.

Looks like the car was hit from side and less from the front. The airbag sensors are located inside the front corner members and it doesn't look like there has been a major hit on that spot. Can you check the condition of sensor and take a near picture if possible.

20180530_153857-min_1.jpg

Last edited:
Thread Starter #4
Sad to see the state of the car. I would like to know how the accident occurred i.e was it a head-on hit or a side hit? Secondly which year did you buy the car? Have you checked if your car is under the official airbag issue recall from Honda? I am saying so because even my own Honda CITY was having defective airbag inflator for both driver and passenger side which were changed in ASC.

For Your Reference: Link1 & Link 2

Regards
Akash
thanks for the reply akash ji
by looking at the condition cant we say that the airbags would have worked and the impact was quiet enough for thw sensors to work , well while driving the car was much less speed as the traffic signal was near , then a speeding truck came from behind but it crashed in a way that the car was whole in the air just only on one wheel that is the wheel opposite the driving side and rest of the car up in the air and tilted from front side damaging the front portion as well , my car is 2014 model , will be pleased for your reply...

It is unfortunate that you met with an accident. I hope you and other passengers didn't had major injuries.

Did you wear seat belt when you met with an accident? Because airbag won't deploy otherwise.

Looks like the car was hit from side and less from the front. The airbag sensors are located inside the front corner members and it doesn't look like there has been a major hit on that spot. Can you check the condition of sensor and take a near picture if possible.

View attachment 271649
dear cracing,
thanks for the reply
yes the seat belts was in use while driving . also the truck crased from side but was like coming inside and pulled the car all in the air just on one wheel (that is other the driving side)the front porting of the car is all damaged u marked only one side, you are requested to see the other side of the car as well by looking the conditon of the car cant we say that the sensor would have woked

yes the seat belts was in use while driving . also the truck crased from side but was like coming inside and pulled the car all in the air just on one wheel (that is other the driving side)the front porting of the car is all damaged u marked only one side, you are requested to see the other side of the car as well by looking the conditon of the car cant we say that the sensor would have woked
Yeah damage has occurred on both side but still front corner members aka chassis wheel arch doesn't look like it has taken hit for sensor to trigger. I'm not sure thats why I asked to check sensor condition. Only by physical inspection we'll know why air bag didn't deploy.

Last edited:
Sabse pehle Mata Rani ka lakh lakh shukar ki aap sab theek ho. (Firstly thanks a million to Mata Rani that you’re fine.)
Please take this matter with the dealership also.
Which company's insurance do you have? Are they helpful? How much estimate did the garage make? Did the insurance company pay you any advance?

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Bottom