Honda City VMT iDTEC (2014) Ownership Review: Brown Phantom

Thread Starter #61
Updates!

Updating after a long time.Honda City has run a shade above 62000 Kms and yet to give her for servicing.But,due to lack of time and lack of vitamin-m,we couldn't give her for service and the car hasn't seen highways since last few months as she is mostly used in city traffic everyday as my mom's ride.

And,a sad update:

Today morning,when my mom was driving to her workplace,a reckless cab wallah Dzire hit the vehicle from left side and fled away from the spot.When my mom tried to stop that fellow,he didn't even see and ran away immediately to avoid hassles from my mother.After this,she called my father and told about this incident.Immediately after the call,I took out my Aprilia SR150 keys and went along with dad to the accident spot and shocked to see that the bumper has come out and a dent on left side fender.Immediately called my driver to bring our Innova and my parents took the Innova and I went home by Aprilia and driver took the City to mom's workplace and we had put the bumper into the trunk.After sometime,got a call from my brother and said,I'm at service center and told me to come there immediately.I went there and the FNG guy said that,you can't fix the bumper again as the bumper locks got loose.So,you need to buy another bumper to which I agreed.Now,I'm getting both sides fenders(driver side had been hit few months ago) dented and painted and getting new bumper and LHS quarter panel(this happened few months ago) dented and painted.All costs me around Rs.20,500 and the latest update is they sourced the new front bumper for City and the work would start on Monday and car would be back by Tuesday most probably.

After this,we would be giving her for servicing at Honda ASC.

Thread Starter #62
Re: Updates!

Updating after a long time.Honda City has run a shade above 62000 Kms and yet to give her for servicing.But,due to lack of time and lack of vitamin-m,we couldn't give her for service and the car hasn't seen highways since last few months as she is mostly used in city traffic everyday as my mom's ride.

And,a sad update:

Today morning,when my mom was driving to her workplace,a reckless cab wallah Dzire hit the vehicle from left side and fled away from the spot.When my mom tried to stop that fellow,he didn't even see and ran away immediately to avoid hassles from my mother.After this,she called my father and told about this incident.Immediately after the call,I took out my Aprilia SR150 keys and went along with dad to the accident spot and shocked to see that the bumper has come out and a dent on left side fender.Immediately called my driver to bring our Innova and my parents took the Innova and I went home by Aprilia and driver took the City to mom's workplace and we had put the bumper into the trunk.After sometime,got a call from my brother and said,I'm at service center and told me to come there immediately.I went there and the FNG guy said that,you can't fix the bumper again as the bumper locks got loose.So,you need to buy another bumper to which I agreed.Now,I'm getting both sides fenders(driver side had been hit few months ago) dented and painted and getting new bumper and LHS quarter panel(this happened few months ago) dented and painted.All costs me around Rs.20,500 and the latest update is they sourced the new front bumper for City and the work would start on Monday and car would be back by Tuesday most probably.

After this,we would be giving her for servicing at Honda ASC.
Update:Got the bodywork done at my brother's neighbour's FNG for Rs.24000 and the paint matching is amazing and looks like it almost came from showroom.The denting was done perfectly but the front bumper could have been fitted properly as there are gaps and my FNG said that the rod inside the bumper has been broken and I did it through welding and now,I need to replace that rod.Rs.24000 maybe expensive due to the work done but the same work done by dealer costs around Rs.50-60k.

Now,the odo reading as of today is around 62100 Kms.Will be giving for service this week mostly.Due to lack of time and due to personal reasons,couldn't give my City for servicing.

Thread Starter #64
Didn't know hyderabad has such traffic and road attitude, I think your ride is one such who has taken worst of it
Vishnu-Yes,you are right.Hyderabad has much traffic due to average roads and people always come through wrong route.I was fined once when I was going in wrong route on our Access 125 and for that,he fined me Rs.1200.

Thread Starter #66
60,000 Kms service!

Gave my City for 60,000 Kms and the bill I got is,Rs.10,864 as it is a major service and I got a 15% discount on labour and parts too.I'll be getting her by tomorrow as my driver is not available to bring the car today.

Regarding the ABS light getting lit up,my SA said that the ABS modulator has been gone and it costs Rs.63000 to replace it.

Thread Starter #67
63000 Kms done!

Completed 63000 Kms on the odo after the trip to Warangal last week.Did around 390 Kms on the highway itself and dad went to hometown on sunday,which was 120 Kms up and down.

The Honda City used to run more when it was used by dad but since last few months,I've been seeing drastic change in running.Daily run when it was with dad was around 60-100 Kms but since the day my mom started using the car to her workplace,the running got reduced to 25-30 Kms per day,which is very low as per our standards while dad uses Innova everyday and sometimes,does car pooling in Innova Crysta or Fortuner or another Innova and uses City too whenever needed.

Forgot to mention,from last month to this month,the running was shade above 1000 Kms only while every month running was used to be 2000-3000 Kms per month.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #71
Cool pic sir. Love your H-City D. I too dream one and have to wait till I accumulate Vitamin M for that.
Don't call me sir as I'm just 20 years of age.Anyways,thanks for the compliment sir.

BTW,City has run 65000 Kms and there is nothing much to report as the running has been decreased to 25 Kms per day and with Petrol rate nearing to Diesel rate,I feel that this City should be exchanged with another City,but CVT this time as my mom does just 25 Kms per day and dad is preferring Innova these days as his daily ride.But,mom said no buying cars until 2020 as we had purchased a house recently.

Thread Starter #74
Update-City did a highway run for 2 times within 10 days as one of my uncle,who is my mom's cousin,had passed away due to cancer and he was a doctor too.When I last saw the odo on tuesday(that was the day they went to Warangal),the odo was 65787 Kms.

And,BTW,I've ordered another set of horns for my City which is Hella Chrome trumpets and it will arrive by tomorrow.Although,the present Bosch windtones are working well even after an year,I wanted the horns to be a loud a bit,hence I've ordered Hella Chromes for Rs.1200 from Amazon and thinking to upgrade the lights of my City to LED's as I did with my SR150 recently.

Thread Starter #75
Update-City did a highway run for 2 times within 10 days as one of my uncle,who is my mom's cousin,had passed away due to cancer and he was a doctor too.When I last saw the odo on tuesday(that was the day they went to Warangal),the odo was 65787 Kms.

And,BTW,I've ordered another set of horns for my City which is Hella Chrome trumpets and it will arrive by tomorrow.Although,the present Bosch windtones are working well even after an year,I wanted the horns to be a loud a bit,hence I've ordered Hella Chromes for Rs.1200 from Amazon and thinking to upgrade the lights of my City to LED's as I did with my SR150 recently.
Honda City has run close to 67000 Kms.There is nothing much to update about the Honda City as it is driven by mom to her workplace everyday and does only 25 Kms up and down per day in traffic.But,I feel that we could have bought a Petrol Honda City for her kind of running but I never expected that the running of Honda City would reduce,thanks to mom,who doesn't let my dad to use the car on working days whenever the Innova is unavailable or driver is unavailable and my dad would be driving the City only on sundays.

And,did only 31000 Kms in 18 months and btw,I had cancelled those horns due to some reasons.

BTW,I had a chance to sit in my dad's friend's 2018 Skoda Superb Style TDI AT.Wow,what a comfort!I'm truly impressed with the comfort levels of the new Superb and I already had a ride in dad's another friend's Superb Elegance TDI AT 2011 version but the 2018 Superb is miles ahead than old Superb.I always feel that our Honda City and Innova is best in terms of comfort,but Superb is 2 segments ahead in terms of comfort and it even beats BMW and Merc in comfort levels and the Superb is my dad's favourite car after Innova.

Truly,my Honda City is a "Poor man's Skoda Superb" in terms of rear seat comfort.Our next car would be either a Skoda Superb or Octavia if dad is interested or else,a car under Rs.20L like Creta or others would be added into our garage.My dad have already decided that the Creta would be the next car added into the garage by not replacing our present cars at home.But,if anything luck happens,any of the Skoda car would enter into our garage.

Last edited:

Top Bottom