Honda City V vs Fiat Linea T-Jet vs Hyundai Verna SX

Thread Starter #1
dear friend's im on the look out for buying a new petrol car the one's i have shortlisted are 1-honda city 2012 vmt
2-fluidic verna sx
3-fiat linea T jet being offered for 9,30,000 on road in karnataka

at present i own a hyundai accent which has served me very well in 6 years of useage not intrested in oil burner's as my useage is less help is very welcome and much appericiated

I would say either the city or T-jet. My pick would be city VMT . But, the T-jet has good torque to cruise in the city drives and more features compared to city.

350Z

Core Team
This totally depends upon the requirements. My personal pick is between Honda City V and Fiat Linea T-Jet. Hyundai Verna is a value for money car too but really not that inspiring to drive. If you are looking for pure driving pleasure – Go for Fiat Linea T-Jet. It’s a blend of sizzling Italian design coupled with efficient driving dynamics and comfort. Tata-Fiat after sales and poor resale value are the only drawbacks I can think of right now. Otherwise, Honda City would be next best (and safe) choice.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Okay buddy,look at it this way:-
Hyundai Verna:You want looks(only front and side profile,the rear looks awkward to me),bigger alloys,all 4 discs(they are also useless because they does not perform upto the expectations),a lot of features(half of them useless),a fantastic city car with a low speed ride like a cushion of air(and the high speed ride like the hell),a good and comfortable looking cabin and decent quality plastic(with the least comfortable seats,especially the rear ones),a lot of power(only on paper,in real world it does not perform up to the expectations or say,power delivery is not good).

Honda City 'V':First of all the i-vtec is a fantastic engine which revs quite high but then is rev happy,so no issue at all.Its always a treat to drive this car.
But then the City has got an engine which is very weak at lower end and is quite painful in stop-go traffic.Every time you need to rev this engine else the car will bog down.The driving position is best and seats are most comfy as well as the best ergonomics are there.
Only problem is that this car lacks features and puny tires are given,rest ride and handling is great but even after rising up the ground clearance is till an issue for our road-grown mountains(I think we people call them speed breakers).Rest everything is good and with the added advantage of decent FE(this car can give upto 20 kpl on highways if driven clamly about 80-90-100 kph).

Fiat Linea T-Jet:This is a pure driver's delight,this car has got best dynamics,best steering and body control and simply the best ride and handling with the added advantage of comfortable seats,best build and a lot of features,it has got 4 wheel discs too but unlike Verna,then 4 wheel discs show their advantage in Linea.
The turbocharged motor has loads of torque and the best part is the mid range straight from 1800rpm to 4500 rpm you get insane power and hence city driveability is simply outstanding while the dynamics allow you to cruise at 150+ speeds on highways too with full confidence unlike Verna which is scary over 130 kph.
The FE this car can offer is best in city amongst all three while on highway this car offers about 18 kpl if driven sedately.
Only issues with this car are:-Rear seat is not good for tall passengers as it has limited headroom,some interior fit and finish is not upto the City or Verna levels,resale value and Tata a.s.s. are nowhere as good as Honda or Hyundai but since you are a long term owner so these factors must not disturb you.And at the price mentioned by you,THIS IS A DEFINITE BUY.

See buddy in your list there you can have the best driver's cars,then why to look at the Verna thing,you TD the cars and I am sure you will reject Verna within 3 kms of TD.In my views:-
Linea T-Jet: 8
Honda City: 8
Hyundai verna: 6 points out of 10.

If you love driving, and would be driving it majorly, then Linea T-jet it has to be. No doubt about it. TD it and you will understand why everyone rates it so high!

If you have people sharing the car and may be it would be used for fetching people, then City! I dont think there is a lot of price difference to make an argument as well!

Thread Starter #7
This totally depends upon the requirements. My personal pick is between Honda City V and Fiat Linea T-Jet. Hyundai Verna is a value for money car too but really not that inspiring to drive. If you are looking for pure driving pleasure – Go for Fiat Linea T-Jet. It’s a blend of sizzling Italian design coupled with efficient driving dynamics and comfort. Tata-Fiat after sales and poor resale value are the only drawbacks I can think of right now. Otherwise, Honda City would be next best (and safe) choice.

Drive Safe,
350Z
thank's 350z love the look's of the Tjet but scared about the a-s-s of it and the fear that it may be phased out in 2012 due to poor sales

350Z

Core Team
thank's 350z love the look's of the Tjet but scared about the a-s-s of it and the fear that it may be phased out in 2012 due to poor sales
T-Jet was never intended to be a mass seller. Fiat is not going to phase it out that early. Dwindling sales of Linea in general are sure a concern but Fiat is working to improve the situation. Although they are slow but steady. My only concern with Fiat is about their after sales and resale value. Otherwise Linea is a competent sedan.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #9
hi TSIVpul thank's for ur reply love the tjet for its looks and price but it is for 2011 may model its got all the bell's and whistle's the fear that it not be manufactured in 2012 and one may struggle for a-s-s and parts likewise hoda city v does not have even basic thing like acc on it the knobs look horrible im told GC issues have been solved two coils have been added to the spring's and the bottom does not scrape anymore

T-Jet was never intended to be a mass seller. Fiat is not going to phase it out that early. Dwindling sales of Linea in general are sure a concern but Fiat is working to improve the situation. Although they are slow but steady. My only concern with Fiat is about their after sales and resale value. Otherwise Linea is a competent sedan.

Drive Safe,
350Z
hi 350z im picking ur brains some more can we have an after market fittment of a-c-c on the honda city

350Z

Core Team
hi 350z im picking ur brains some more can we have an after market fittment of a-c-c on the honda city
It won't be possible to retrofit automatic climate control in Honda City. But then, is it really something worth overlooking the entire car? I don’t think so. You can also consider Volkswagen Vento as an alternative.

love the tjet for its looks and price but it is for 2011 may model its got all the bell's and whistle's the fear that it not be manufactured in 2012 and one may struggle for a-s-s
Linea is itself not selling in numbers, so one T-Jet in stock that much old is fairly justified. Just make sure that it was not used as a test drive vehicle. These threads would be of some help:

- http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...pre-delivery-inspection-exhaustive-guide.html

- http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...pecting-second-hand-car-exhaustive-guide.html

Drive Safe,
350Z

No doubt about it - Linea T-Jet.

It is a pure driver's delight. Icing on the cake is it's ride & handling. And looks. And features. And desirability. And envy from others.

Only disadvantage is that its a Fiat & you may have to deal with poor resale value & A.S.S.

dear friend's im on the look out for buying a new petrol car the one's i have shortlisted are 1-honda city 2012 vmt
2-fluidic verna sx
3-fiat linea T jet being offered for 9,30,000 on road in karnataka

at present i own a hyundai accent which has served me very well in 6 years of useage not intrested in oil burner's as my useage is less help is very welcome and much appericiated
You should re-check the prices of Linea t-jet ,As far as I have known recently the prices have gone down to 8.5 lakh (kochin) due to certain special offers.

Thread Starter #13
350z i would like to know if the 175/65/15 michelins which the honda city come's with is enough or an upgrade of 195/65/15 is better for grip and improved handling would this change show wrong reading of the odo and effect FE if so by how much and also what are the thing's one could bargain for on the V model

HI,
As the others have said, I would reiterate that the T-Jet is a fantastic car to drive & look at too. But yes probably over the long run, the Honda city will serve you better in terms of FE,a s s etc etc but then linea will give you that exclusivity which city wont be able to. Fiat has lots of plans for India so dont worry the linea definately wont turn into a logan over time. In fact if you buy a Fiat after this purchase Im sure they will work out a good discount & loyalty bonus for you.

Cheers

jazzy

350Z

Core Team
350z i would like to know if the 175/65/15 michelins which the honda city come's with is enough or an upgrade of 195/65/15 is better for grip and improved handling would this change show wrong reading of the odo and effect FE if so by how much
I think recommended upgrade is 190/65/15 for City. However, avoid upgrading the tyres as long as the car is under warranty. You may otherwise end up voiding the suspension related warranty. Still, please confirm about this with the dealership though.

and also what are the thing's one could bargain for on the V model
You can always bargain for maximum cash discount (if possible) or insist for free basic accessories like mud mats / flaps etc or a notch higher with sun films, parking sensors and such (But I highly doubt whether Honda is going offer them as a freebie at all).

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom