"Honda City" S-MT - First Sedan in Family

Yeah blame the Good Year tyres for the noise , they are extremely noisy! You just can't drive peacefully with the windows rolled down. Nice FE which you have got.

500 KM journey must not be a problem in City , maybe you have not found the perfect seating position yet.

Thread Starter #33
Posting some of the interior pics.

Attachments

Nice pictures. Just one advice don't use Ambi Pur or any other AC vent perfume for that matter. After a while they eat the dashboard paint. The bottled perfumes are a much safer affair.

Thread Starter #35
Thanks cooldhaya. I'll remove it today itself. Have to get a new bottled perfume? Is there any specific brands which is good?

Thread Starter #37
Finally got sun film for my city.[thumbsup]
Garware Ice Cool Grand
Rs: 6,000/- for side and rear (Visibility 40%; Heat rejection: 70%)
The guy told for rear the visibility is 70%
I felt the film is really light with little reflection.

Thread Starter #39
Cool dhaya, I 'll post pics soon. They told me "not to clean, roll down the windows from inside, wait for some days, let it dry". Now it is not looking nice. I'll post the pictures once I clean it.

I found some bubbles on the back side film. when I asked them about this issue, the shop guy told it is due to the soap water which they used and it will disappear once it get dried completely after 2-3 days. Let us see. Otherwise I'll be going back to them.

Hi gdave , congrats !! nice pics you have posted. The iVtec will give you years of trouble free and refined experience.
Btw i drove a city of my friend which he got end of dec, and he is having issue with the 1st and 2nd gear being hard, his car is hardly run in though.
I tried myself and found the first and second gears a little hard/notchy myself(despite pressing the clutch fully )- read in some other forums too it seems to be a common thing with the city early on as the gearbox settles, have u experienced this or have u had it greased from the top?

Thread Starter #41
I also felt this some times especially shifting down from higher to 2nd. Some time it is seemed to be smooth . But in another occasions I have to pedal the clutch little more deeper, to get the gear engaged. (Like double de clutching that the Leyland Bus/Truck drivers used to do)
When I asked SA last time when I went for the 2nd service, they told its because the car is new.
( I felt when the car is getting to very slow speed, it is smooth to engage to 2nd from top gear, and I think its because the speed might not be matching when we are trying to shift down to 2nd from higher gear at little higher speeds.)

yes it too happened to me atleast a few times(sometimes it slotted easily ) and happens in downshifting especially 3 to 2 and 2 to 1 - i have suggested my friend to depress the clutch fully - not sure if he does tht normally and also have the gear lever greased at the socket housing the next time he is at the service centre. I think this will improve as the car ages - lets see.

Thread Starter #45
Posting some of the pictures with sun Films On. (Sorry for the dust)
GARWARE ICE COOL GRAND Visibility: 40% SIDE AND 70% REAR, 70% Heat Rejection. Coming with 5Years Warranty
Cost: 6,000/-

Attachments

Top Bottom