Honda City Price Slashed

Thread Starter #1
Honda has revised the prices of City. This is due to " increased localization" as per Honda's press release. However, truth as we all know is the competition. However, it is to be seen whether the discount presently being offered at dealer's end will continue or not.

Attachments

yes new verna,coming new fiesta and current vento effect for honda.
Diesel well it wont be coming in honda for sure before 2012 for indian shores.Along with this price slash we can also expect good discounts at dealer end as well or we would see same shabby attitude with buy it or leave it ones for honda?

350Z

Core Team
Thanks a ton for the fresh update, Nuvo. That’s how our car industry is today. Some makers swell up the car prices with so called reason of ‘increased raw-material cost’ and then, companies like Honda come up with fear of competition and reduce their car prices. This confirms that Honda has received a hint that their brand logo will not suffice anymore to boost the sales but a better pricing is equally required too. I’m sure; this is nothing but result of a stiff competition lately amongst C-Segment sedans.

This was expected after the launch of New Verna!!
Spot on!

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #6
I am really excited about this news. I hope it will create a repercussion in the pricing of Fiesta & Honda's own Brio. However, contrary to common believe, I am not expecting any immediate cut in Jazz. Simply because Jazz has been declared a market flop long back. if Hond had to reduce its price, they would have done the same earlier. But if the reason given by Honda is genuine (i.e. localization of parts) then same can not be ruled out.

Completely agree with Nuvo. Currently i am pretty happy with the move. Not because i am interested in Honda, but this is going to play key role in the pricing of some of the upcoming cars, like Fiesta which i am eagerly waiting for.

at last some sanity getting into the guys at honda.had they done it a year earlier they would have been better positioned in the market now. hope they speed up the diesel engine launch too.

Finally. But we all know that Honda has reduced the price because of the competition affecting its sales. City was once the undisputed leader until the Vento arrived which dethroned it and overtook it by a large margin as it offered a much more value for money car at a price significantly lower than the City. The recent launch of the Verna made things worse. Honda should price all its cars well and get diesel variants quickly, that is the only way for Honda to survive in this market.

now they need to slash prices of all models ASAP. and also add some more features to the Accord and Jazz/City.
Spot on. I wish they look into the pricing of Jazz again and relaunch it with some upgrades. I am sure even without the diesel heart, Jazz will be able to get decent sales.

Honda has realised that it cannot sell only petrol cars with hardly any features at premium in India. With the competition getting ahead by offering more VFM cars and no diesel engines, this was expected to happen.

Currently i am pretty happy with the move. Not because i am interested in Honda, but this is going to play key role in the pricing of some of the upcoming cars, like Fiesta which i am eagerly waiting for.
+1. Spot on. Now Ford must have started re-thinking about whatever prices they have decided for new Fiesta.
This segment is getting interesting day by day. [thumbsup]

Spot on. I wish they look into the pricing of Jazz again and relaunch it with some upgrades. I am sure even without the diesel heart, Jazz will be able to get decent sales.

+ 1 Jazz seriuosly deserves mre numbers, which will happen if priced well!

Good & desperate move by Honda on the new pricing of City to maintain the sales of their Bread & Butter model!

Top Bottom