Honda City GXi - Report

Thread Starter #1
Hi guys,
Heres my Honda City review.Got it in Sept 2005.The cars going to complete its 4th year n still giving its best.So here goes my Debut review in the new forum.

Things worth appreciation-

Luxurious Interiors- The proper use of beige n dark brown has give an elegant look to the interiors
Fuel efficiency- Even after 4yr it delivers a great efficiency figure of 14-17kmpl on highways n 13-15kmpl in city.
Customer Service - I never had any issues with dealers service
Drop Dead gorgeuos - Personally i find it the best in its class....n i m truly in love with her.
Performance - I never felt the car running out of power in any driving condition..it easily goes upto 150kmph the highest i have ever tried.

Things i Dont admire

Spares n accessories not available in market.
No climate control even in new city 2009,even when its cheaper competitors are offering more than that too.
A pillar obstructs the view. This is the thing i hate the most in this car.But i have adapted myself :D .

Troubles faced-

Last year i had trouble with the wipers.They refused to work.Wiper motor was dead as told by my Honda SS.Since my car had extended warranty, it was replaced free of cost(Originally costs-RS.3500/-) within 2 days of my complain.I was too happy with this response as my the SS is 60km from my place.

Accessories Installed -
JVC Music System
Chrome Side Step Garnish
Leather Seat Covers
Genuine Honda Alloy Wheels (5 Spoke)
Chrome Bumper Guards

N most important Lord Ganesha N Lord Krishna idol on dash.

Overal i am having a gr8 time with this car and i am not going to allow my dad to sell this car ever.Hopefully you will see this cars pic with me even when i get too old to drive.I love this baby a lottt.

Interior pics

Exteriors pics

Last edited:
Hey nice car and nice pic too!!! your car looks cool!!

BTW does the car get hot inside during summer due to the leather seats? I have heard people saying so!!!

Thread Starter #4
Yup it does get hot due to leather. Its due to the property of leather that it gets hotter than other leather like covers.I put the silk rugs they give kind of cooling effect n exposing less leather to sunlight.For more pics you can have a look at my album i m currently working on.

350Z

Core Team
Neat City!

You're lucky to have a Honda City. This car has always been my favourite, Then let it be the Type 1 or the Latest Model. City is one of the most comfortable car I've found in its segement and design of model which you have resembles to the DC Designed "Tarzan" which played role in a movie. [:)]

You're car is not really old so don't let your dad give it away soon, Even if you sell it after an year or two it should fetch a good value. I liked that fur kind of stuff which you've putted on the seat, I can feel from the pics how comfy they would be.
What all future modifications you have planned for this lovely City? Post some more images.

Drive Safe!
350Z

Great review Akash. And nice pics too.

Should be great to experience to own and travel. The car with the most comfortable back seat.

Somehow i always liked the older City. And Akash you have it.
Good report. Please put some more images.. any long-drive experiences etc..

Yeah he has added!!

Hey Akash can you also explain more about the car? I love this car but unfortunately its petrol!! Expecting a diesel from Honda soon!! I will be the first person to buy if Honda launches a diesel car soon!! Just love all honda cars!![:D]

Akash, thats a clean maintained honda city mate, looks good.Honda is known for its superb engine and easy to drive around with good FE figures and what you have mentioned is rightly achievable by many.Unable to see your interiors picture.Enjoy your ride.

Thread Starter #11
@cooldhaya
Thanx buddy. Citys milage is good enough.You can extract to abt 18(thats max i have achieved yet,though i always try to get on higher side of my speedo) easily. I recntly read somewhere that CRV diesel was launched in some european country. The engine is same as that of the Accord diesel(2.4L).So we can expect diesel honda in near future.

350Z

Core Team
@cooldhaya
Thanx buddy. Citys milage is good enough.You can extract to abt 18(thats max i have achieved yet,though i always try to get on higher side of my speedo) easily. I recntly read somewhere that CRV diesel was launched in some european country. The engine is same as that of the Accord diesel(2.4L).So we can expect diesel honda in near future.
Thats a nice figure. So how much it delivers in City to you?
Yes, The Diesel CR-V is in talks and has also been spotted testing wayback in 2008 but no official confirmations yet.

Drive Safe!
350Z

350Z

Core Team
While surfing net, Found this modified city by Autopsyche. I'm impressed with the modification. Do you plan to do something like this in future on your car?

Drive Safe!
350Z

Top Bottom