Honda City GXi Major Overhaul

Thread Starter #1
Hello TAI,
Its been long since I've used the forums. Anyway I've had my cituy gxi 2005 for 2 years now. Had to even swap my engine (thailand imported engine with 89 bhp compared to the indian 77 bhp engine) . Now the car needs and major suspension work and i need some help. My car load is more then average as we are a heavy family plus there is a cng kit installed I wanted to know are there any aftermarket suspension tat can take more weight then the stocks and what about shock dampers can i find some longer in height then the stock as this model tends to scrape too much. Other mod i wanted to try was to fit ivtech L15A7 engine as this mod is done on a brio (1.2 stock engine to city 1.5 engine) is the engine direct bolt on , because they look typically the same and i guess ill even need the ivtech ecu , this mod is not on urgent basis but something i really wish to do, ive already swapped the engine once so i know the process but this is an different engine so i need some help ie is it bolt on, will other mechanical fit like the ac compressor and fan , will the chassis support the extra top speed that ill get with it . Thanks

I thought that the Honda City always had about 100 bHP or more. Here you are talking about 77 and 89 bhp Petrol engines. What did I miss ?

Though it has been with you for just two years, it is a 13 year old car. I have a "thumb rule" for keeping such cars - "as long as you can depend on your Car, keep it; the day the Car starts depending on you, get a new one". This rule is NOT applicable for enthusiasts owning fun to drive (and hard to get) cars and if there is some emotional attachment to the Car.

Advise # 1: Instead of doing piecemeal repair jobs now and then, sell the car. To the proceeds, add the money you have "earmarked for piecemeal repair works" and get another pre-owned City.

Advise # 2: Assuming the Car has some emotional value in the family, you can go for "hard rubber inserts for suspension coils". Members have used and reviewed these in TAI. Some say these worked, while some are not happy. Search for it, in TAI. I hate adding anything serious to my Car, other than those fitted by Hyundai. Also, rolling down from a speed bump at CRAWLING speeds will prevent scrapping to a large extent.

Thread Starter #3
I thought that the Honda City always had about 100 bHP or more. Here you are talking about 77 and 89 bhp Petrol engines. What did I miss ?

Though it has been with you for just two years, it is a 13 year old car. I have a "thumb rule" for keeping such cars - "as long as you can depend on your Car, keep it; the day the Car starts depending on you, get a new one". This rule is NOT applicable for enthusiasts owning fun to drive (and hard to get) cars and if there is some emotional attachment to the Car.

Advise # 1: Instead of doing piecemeal repair jobs now and then, sell the car. To the proceeds, add the money you have "earmarked for piecemeal repair works" and get another pre-owned City.

Advise # 2: Assuming the Car has some emotional value in the family, you can go for "hard rubber inserts for suspension coils". Members have used and reviewed these in TAI. Some say these worked, while some are not happy. Search for it, in TAI. I hate adding anything serious to my Car, other than those fitted by Hyundai. Also, rolling down from a speed bump at CRAWLING speeds will prevent scrapping to a large extent.
Hello Vijay .
First of all the honda citu dolphin model had 77bhp in india for idsi engine and a bit more power in the vtech engine
Secondly i know about rubber bushings but can i directly not get any longer suspension to fit in the car?

Top Bottom