Honda City EMT - My Dream Car is Finally With Me [11K Kms crossed]

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Re: Honda City EMT - My Dream Car is Finally with Me

this is a problem in the verna as well [anger] sometimes it's smooth but 80% of the time it's hard while shifting.

at car's first service , hyundai guys also lubricated it , then it was fine for some days after that again it was hard.
my i10's and even santro's gearbox is butter. never had any problem shifting.

so how much kilometers have you covered ? i have covered 4500 kilometers.

Thread Starter #77

I am quite surprised to hear that even the new Verna faces this issue.
I have driven a new I20 (both petrol and diesel) and I10 but found the gearbox to be absolutely smooth with no issues at all. This makes me wonder if this is an issue specific to a particular car and not a general problem with the model itself.

Btw my City has done close to 4500 kms.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

other verna owners are facing the same problem. You should ask other city owners as well.

Hakki, third to second gear is certainly tight to slot in. And I can assure you it is not a lubrication problem. Try shifting to all the gears in a stationary car with the clutch fully pressed and you will realise this. Also, I have noticed that this tightness reduces (but doesn't disappear) after the car has got warmed up. One more thing that I have noticed is that this tightness is much reduced if your speed is very slow (crawling pace)! I can draw an analogy to my old 1998 Maruti 800 where I could never slot into first unless that car was down to a crawl! This has been my observation though I am not sure why.

The smoothest shifts that I have seen have been in a Hyundai Accent.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

and yeah i forgot to add. my car MID says to change gears as soon as rpm reaches 2000. but when i shift gears at around 2300-3400 there is no difficulty in changing gears. don't know the exact funda behind this [confused]

Hakki, third to second gear is certainly tight to slot in. And I can assure you it is not a lubrication problem. Try shifting to all the gears in a stationary car with the clutch fully pressed and you will realise this. Also, I have noticed that this tightness reduces (but doesn't disappear) after the car has got warmed up. One more thing that I have noticed is that this tightness is much reduced if your speed is very slow (crawling pace)! I can draw an analogy to my old 1998 Maruti 800 where I could never slot into first unless that car was down to a crawl! This has been my observation though I am not sure why.

The smoothest shifts that I have seen have been in a Hyundai Accent.
I agree. With my 2012 ANHC, there is a slight inconvenience at times shifting from 3rd to 2nd, but its OK. I have not tried shifting gears in stationary position.

As compared, my Hyundai Getz 1.3L, I can shift gears with 1 finger - they are super smooth.

I am quite surprised to hear that even the new Verna faces this issue.
I have driven a new I20 (both petrol and diesel) and I10 but found the gearbox to be absolutely smooth with no issues at all. This makes me wonder if this is an issue specific to a particular car and not a general problem with the model itself.

Btw my City has done close to 4500 kms.
Though there is some difficulty in slotting to 2nd gear I dont get this issue quite often... Even I faced the same issue in my 8 year old Santro at times.. Honestly I dont face or find this issue to be so serious to be reported to SA during my servicing.

Thread Starter #83

I did a Mumbai road trip over the weekend and got an opportunity to drive my city on the expressway. It also gave me an opportunity to test the car's handling on some of the steepest ghat sections.
I have to say that was impressed with her ability to stay planted over the steepest of steep curves even when she was moving at a speed of 60kmph. My thought immediately went back to my earlier drives on my Santro and the way she used to behave and used to rock like a boat in choppy waters. The Santro is anyways not built for highway handling.
The only thing that bothered me all along was the tyre noise which the Goodyear generated. Maybe the concrete Tarmac on the Expressway added fuel to the fire.

The drive on expressway returned an impressive FE of 19.8 kmpl which dropped to 15 kmpl after I got into Mumbai. All in all a fantastic experience of testing the car over high speed lanes, curves on the ghats etc [:D]

What speeds you touched on the Expressway Hakki? In my recent drive to Yercaud from BLR I touched nearly 150Km/h speeds and the car was stable.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

no hyundai is meant for highway [:D] and these days i'm getting 12 kmpl in city without AC [cry] 40% open roads 60% bumper to bumper.

Thread Starter #86

What speeds you touched on the Expressway Hakki? In my recent drive to Yercaud from BLR I touched nearly 150Km/h speeds and the car was stable.
Most of the times kept it to 100 kmph. At some stretches I touched 130 kmph.
But more importantly at hairpin curves I kept her at 60kmph to check her handling and was not disappointed [clap]

Thread Starter #87
My Honda City EMT is now 6 months old

It has been pretty long since i updated my thread. Well there has been nothing much to report. The car is getting smoother by the day delivering mile after mile of outstanding performance coupled with outstanding efficiency [clap]

The car completed 6 months over the weekend and hence it was due to for the 3rd and last free service. It was a smooth affair and my SA (the guy who has been handling my car since the first service) ensured that the car went through all the mandatory checks, oil change etc done on time. Though the car had done only 2500kms between and 2nd and 3rd service, he advised me to go for the oil change. The oil was changed during the 2nd service as well and hence i was not very sure if it was required during the 3rd service due to the lower running. The total bill was Rs. 1500 and the car was given back to me in 3hours.

The gear shift problem which i was experiencing from day 1 (which i have reported in my thread) has now more or less vanished. As for the mileage, i consistenly get anything between 15.8 and 16.5 kmpl depending on the usage of AC (25% to 50% usage). Since summer is round the corner, i am sure the figures will drop due to the likely increased usage of AC.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

3 services in just 6 months :surprise: usually 3rd service is done after a year.

btw , i got my second service done after a year for my verna , and the sc guy suggested me that you can get the service done 2 months after the due date if the car travels less.

do tell us the dates on which you visited for services. and anything above 14kmpl is good [;)]

Thread Starter #90

What is the Engine oil change interval ?
As per the Service Manual, it is every 6 months or 5000kms. This is applicable after 3 free services are completed. Oil change is prescribed for the 2nd and
3rd free service which are separated by 3 months.

3 services in just 6 months :surprise: usually 3rd service is done after a year.

btw , i got my second service done after a year for my verna , and the sc guy suggested me that you can get the service done 2 months after the due date if the car travels less.

do tell us the dates on which you visited for services. and anything above 14kmpl is good [;)]
The 1st service was 1 month after purchase. 2nd and 3rd ones were 3 months and 6 months (respectively) after purchase.

Top Bottom