Honda City EMT - My Dream Car is Finally With Me [11K Kms crossed]

Thread Starter #61
Re: Honda City EMT - My Dream Car is Finally with Me

@ hakki

Tell me something in Mumbai when I asked about the e model ( base model ) they said it comes only in white and silver colour , how come you got this awesome colour bro ?
He must've told you about Corporate MT (which is the base variant) which is available only in Silver and White. EMT does come in all colours (i have seen atleast 4 colours in the dealer's stockyard at the time of PDI)

He must've told you about Corporate MT (which is the base variant) which is available only in Silver and White. EMT does come in all colours (i have seen atleast 4 colours in the dealer's stockyard at the time of PDI)
Ohhhhh ok I got it thanx a lot for the clarification , how much is the difference between a corporate and e model ? [roll]

Super mileage figures hakki [clap]...tempted to take my baby as well for a long drive, just waiting to confirm my leave plans in office..

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

don't want to disappoint you or anything but that's not the real mileage. did you do a tank full method ? you must have got a maximum of 16-17 kmpl.

Thread Starter #65

don't want to disappoint you or anything but that's not the real mileage. did you do a tank full method ? you must have got a maximum of 16-17 kmpl.
I am not disappointed at all infact gives me a lot of satisfaction when others question the FE figures which my baby gives. Other's envy, Owner's pride
[;)]

The real mileage i got on the return trip by Tank Full method was 19.2 kmpl when the MID displayed 19.4.
I also ensured that the salesman in the Shell petrol pump absolutely filled it to the brim to get the calculations reasonably accurate[:D]

I get a FE of close to 16kmpl in Pune city. Hence anything less than 18kmpl on the highway and i would be a disappointed man

Ohhhhh ok I got it thanx a lot for the clarification , how much is the difference between a corporate and e model ? [roll]
The difference is close to 80K in Pune (OTR). Compare the features of Corporate MT and EMT before making any decision.

Hakki, Believe you really take smooth, straight roads with less traffic to get this figures of 16Kmpl inside the City [:)] ... Jokes apart mine varies between 11.5 and 12.5 Kmpl inside BLR city premises ..

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

I am not disappointed at all infact gives me a lot of satisfaction when others question the FE figures which my baby gives. Other's envy, Owner's pride
[;)]

The real mileage i got on the return trip by Tank Full method was 19.2 kmpl when the MID displayed 19.4.
I also ensured that the salesman in the Shell petrol pump absolutely filled it to the brim to get the calculations reasonably accurate[:D]

I get a FE of close to 16kmpl in Pune city. Hence anything less than 18kmpl on the highway and i would be a disappointed man

if you did a tank full method then that is really good kudos [thumbsup]

Hakki, Believe you really take smooth, straight roads with less traffic to get this figures of 16Kmpl inside the City [:)] ... Jokes apart mine varies between 11.5 and 12.5 Kmpl inside BLR city premises ..
I guess bangalore city gives one of the lowest mileage among all major cities in India due to heavy traffic in the city and narrow raods resulting in vehicles spending most of their time in bumper to bumper traffic and traffic signals. Some of my friends who own Honda city are reporting a mileage of around 10-11 kmpl in this city.

Thread Starter #70

Fabulous mileage figures !! What is the mileage that you get in your city ride?
Thanks anand_953. If the AC usage is not more than 25%, i regularly get 16kmpl. If the AC usage is close to 75% then it drops to around 15.4kmpl

I agree with you Carhead on the traffic aspect. I am fairly sure i dont encounter the kind of traffic you would be in Bangalore. Traffic density in Pune in general is far lower than that of Bangalore or Mumbai. My FE would drop by atleast 3kmpl if i were to drive my car in Bangalore [:)]

if you did a tank full method then that is really good kudos [thumbsup]
Thanks allhyundaicars

I guess bangalore city gives one of the lowest mileage among all major cities in India due to heavy traffic in the city and narrow raods resulting in vehicles spending most of their time in bumper to bumper traffic and traffic signals. Some of my friends who own Honda city are reporting a mileage of around 10-11 kmpl in this city.
Agree with you Anand.. But the surprising aspect is fuel efficiency of Honda City increases considerably the moment you get an open stretch of road or moderate amount of traffic.. Even I recorded the lowest mileage figures yesterday of 9KMPL in absolute B2B traffic on the Mahadevpura road.. Well to be honest the traffic situation here will drive you nuts..

I also agree. On open stretches, the Honda City gives amazing mileage, specially when one maintains a speed between 70 kmph - 80 kmph. In moderate traffic conditions FE drops down to 13+. In busier traffic conditions it could go down to between 11+ kmpl - 12+ kmpl.
But the same is true for any other smaller hatch petrol car too. I'd say the Honda City is still better in comparison on long runs than many other petrol hatches / sedans, as the City gives about the same or perhaps more FE at times. And this, for its size & engine power is really good.

Thread Starter #73

2nd Service Update:

It was time for the 2nd service of my City (had completed 3 months since i bought it). I was promptly attended by my SA (Mr. Nitesh Ghatge of Crystal Honda) and he showed me the list of complaints which i had reported in my previous service and asked if any of them still persisted and if there were any new ones. The only complaint i had was the gearbox which was hard. esp downshiftin from 3rd to 2nd even though the clutch was fully engaged.
Due to shortage of a few technicians on the shopfloor (who were away on some trainings), it took almost 3hrs for all the mandatory checks and oil change to be completed post which the car got queued for a wash. The car wash (both exterior and interiors) was not upto the mark and i let the SA know of this. Overall i was satisfied with the way my SA handled the complaints and the way he ensured that he delivered the car by the promised time.

I was told by the SA that the oil is of Idemitsu make which is Honda recommeded. I was slightly surprised with this as i had heard of Shell/Mobil as the Honda recommended oil.

My overall exeperience was pretty good except the washing [clap]

Since i had some spare time while the car was in the washing queue, i went to the showroom and collected a copy of my old car's RC (which i had exchanged at the showroom which eventually got sold last month) to process my NCB certificate from Bajaj Allianz (i had a 35% NCB on my previous policy which i would be transferring to my current policy for my City). The Insurance manager has been very helpful in this matter and has been helping me out with all the paperwork and ensuring that i dont have to follow up with Bajaj Allianz [clap]

Thread Starter #75

I have a query for all ANHC owners. I have been facing problems with my gearshift. I find it considerably hard while slotting the gearshift into 2nd (while downshifting from 3rd) inspite of all pre-requisites being met i.e clutch is fully engaged, i ensure that the gear is slotted into neutral before i slot it into 2nd [frustration]

When i took the car for my 2nd service, my SA got the box opened and sprayed some lubricant. Somehow the problem has not been resolved. He says that this is a common problem with most of ANHC and will disappear after 10K kms.

Do any of you have similar issues? If you do, please can you let me know what specific actions (if any) have you taken apart from informing your SA?

From my perspective, i am convinced that Hyundai has the best gearbox (based on my experience of owning a Santro and also having driven the ANHV).

Top Bottom