Honda City EMT - My Dream Car is Finally With Me [11K Kms crossed]

Re: Honda City EMT - My Dream Car is Finally with Me

Most Honda City owners I have know, claim to give around 13 kmpl - 14 kmpl in city (not too heavy traffic). In heavy bumper-to-bumper traffic, 12+- kmpl would be more realistic.

I get around 14 kmpl - 15 kmpl in light city traffic and about 17.5+ kmpl on highways.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

Whats the mileage you get on Highway drives?
i haven't taken the car on the highway yet [cry] but i think i should get a minimum of 15 kmpl.

i'll surely update when i take the car on highway.

Mate, i dont think you can put the blame squarely on your Verna. You too have to take some of it for the way you drive. No offence meant

Keep your right foot light, switch off at signals if the waiting period is more than 1 minute, no sudden acceleration or decelaration unless it is warranted, taking off the right foot from the pedal in case of downward slope to use the natural momentum to drive the car forward etc.
None of the above is rocket science and am sure you surely know all of this.
It is just that you need to follow this all the time religiously
I am quite sure your Verna will surely deliver mileages as good as City (if not better)
mate you don't know how i drive [:D] now i have become a sedate driver just to get the mileage in two figures.

1.5 and 1.6 are not small engines so they shouldn't be driven like one.

i used to drive at 50 in 5th gear. worst mileage.
but now i keep the car in 40-60 in 4th gear and the mileage got better.

i switch off the engine in lights of more than 50 seconds. and cruise when i know i have to stop at the light.

i have covered 4050 kilometers but still low mileage. i don't have much problem because car only covers 500 kilometers \ month. average in 8 months.

Most Honda City owners I have know, claim to give around 13 kmpl - 14 kmpl in city (not too heavy traffic). In heavy bumper-to-bumper traffic, 12+- kmpl would be more realistic.

I get around 14 kmpl - 15 kmpl in light city traffic and about 17.5+ kmpl on highways.
these figures are really good. i wonder when i'll get these figures in the verna.

take a look at my fill ups.

Hornet, in heavy b2b traffic I doubt whether we would really get 12+- kmpl. At least my experience is different, I got b/w 10.5-11 kmpl (still I feel this is good since the traffic was really bad wherein I had to accelerate suddenly few times to squeeze in). Maybe I have to wait for some of the free services to get over [confused]

But for sure I can vouch that in light to moderate traffic fuel efficiency increases all of a sudden to around 12-13.5 kmpl. This is my experience in the last 2 weeks.

Hornet, in heavy b2b traffic I doubt whether we would really get 12+- kmpl. At least my experience is different, I got b/w 10.5-11 kmpl (still I feel this is good since the traffic was really bad wherein I had to accelerate suddenly few times to squeeze in). Maybe I have to wait for some of the free services to get over [confused]
You may be correct. e.g. b-2-b traffic in Mumbai may yield a different (lesser) average than some other (Tier 2) city's b-2-b traffic. If it is really 'heavy' b-2-b traffic you are driving thru', I can understand how you are getting those numbers. I agree with you, for the size of the engine, it is still good average.

Thread Starter #51

You may be correct. e.g. b-2-b traffic in Mumbai may yield a different (lesser) average than some other (Tier 2) city's b-2-b traffic. If it is really 'heavy' b-2-b traffic you are driving thru', I can understand how you are getting those numbers. I agree with you, for the size of the engine, it is still good average.
I agree. The amount of traffic in Tier1 city like Mumbai, Delhi or Bangalore would obviously be higher than some of the Tier2 cities. But i still feel if we follow the basics of driving religiously, FE returned would be optimum. Apart from this, nothing is in our control [:)]

Guys, just one query..Range displayed by MID is inclusive of the reserve fuel as well? The fuel lamp in my city lit up when there was still around 10.5 ltrs of fuel left (as the tank full re-fill happened for 31.5 ltrs only) and strangely the range displayed hardly 40Kms. This boils down to around 4Kmpl of mileage whereas MID displayed 12Kmpl. Kind of confused [surprise]

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

Guys, just one query..Range displayed by MID is inclusive of the reserve fuel as well? The fuel lamp in my city lit up when there was still around 10.5 ltrs of fuel left (as the tank full re-fill happened for 31.5 ltrs only) and strangely the range displayed hardly 40Kms. This boils down to around 4Kmpl of mileage whereas MID displayed 12Kmpl. Kind of confused [surprise]
i think it's included. well can't confirm for honda city but in verna it is included and when only 6 liters of petrol is left range is shown as "---"

i got this from the owner's manual so please go through your car's manual and see if you can find similar thing.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #54

Since it was a lazy sunday and it had been more than 4 weeks since the car was waxed, I thought it was time to give my baby some pampering
After 1 and half hour of hard work, this is the result.
A few glances of admiration from fellow drivers on the road this afternoon made my day [:D]

Attachments

Looks awesome hakki... which wax do you use and what is the kind of cleaning process you follow?

Nice handiwork hakki, all it needs is alloys now, get when you can![cheers]

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

Looks awesome hakki... which wax do you use and what is the kind of cleaning process you follow?
take a look at this [:)]

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...dai-verna-fluidic-1-6-vtvt-22.html#post168348

1.i first rinse the car so that all the dirt gets loose.

2. clean the tyres since they are the dirtiest and you don't want to clean the body again.

3. clean the body by using car shampoo and not normal shampoo [:D]

4. dry it with a microfibre. if you wash it and dry the car with a normal cloth or rag , you are doing nothing except ruining the paint finish.

5. wax the car and make sure surface is dry and you are waxing it under shade and not under direct sunlight.

and the finish you can see it in the pics [:)]

and what's the use of wax ?

this [;)]

Last edited:
Thread Starter #58

Thanks Carhead.
I use Meguiar's car shampoo for a wash followed by Formula 1 wax. Use MF cloth for drying the car after a wash. I also use "Son of a Gun" spray for shining up fibre parts (including dashboard) and ArmorAll TireFoam for tyres.

Nice handiwork hakki, all it needs is alloys now, get when you can![cheers]
Thanks Iron Rock. I'll plan for alloys sometime next calender year.

Attachments

Thread Starter #59

I recently had been to my hometown (Hubli) which involved a 400km drive on NH4 from Pune. This was my first opportunity to test my baby on a long highway drive and check its behaviour at high speeds. Boy it didnt disappoint with its handling. I did around 170kmph at certain stretches and most of the drive involved speeds of 120kmph and felt the car was reasonably stable though the steering feedback wasnt the greatest. Got an overall FE of 17.8 kmpl.

On my return leg i was more sedate in my driving and rarely crossed 80kmph. And what was the FE i got????
19.4 kmpl

Couldnt ask for anything more from my baby [:D]

Attachments

@ hakki

Tell me something in Mumbai when I asked about the e model ( base model ) they said it comes only in white and silver colour , how come you got this awesome colour bro ?

Top Bottom