Honda City EMT - My Dream Car is Finally With Me [11K Kms crossed]

Re: Honda City EMT - My Dream Car is Finally with Me

Have a query for fellow Honda City owners. Have any of you been given a separate warranty card for 3rd party items like Tyres and Battery? Also is the warranty valid for 2yrs?
Hi,I own a Jazz and I haven't been given any separate Warranty Card for Tyres and Battery.[surprise]

Congrats on your City Hakki.1.7L is good value for your Santro.Honda Petrol Engines are better than Hyundai and Maruti these days.

Now,offer on City is,

Free Insurance and Corporate Discount.

Total-Rs.50K.

Awesome mate ... My personal perception there is no petrol sedan in the range which is such a VFM car and as sleek as Honda city, keep it clean with periodic maintainance and its always a feast to the eyes and such a pleasure to drive, nothing as sexy as black city but, feel sorry that it cannot take tints anymore

Always have a special liking towards this baby [:D]

Thread Starter #34

Congrats on your City Hakki.1.7L is good value for your Santro.Honda Petrol Engines are better than Hyundai and Maruti these days.

Now,offer on City is,

Free Insurance and Corporate Discount.

Total-Rs.50K.
Thanks Music_Swift....50K discount on the city is an awesome offer. I spoke to my Sales Manager and mentioned the below offer on City as of 1st Oct

VMT - Free insurance + 5K corporate discount
SMT - Free insurance
EMT - 5K corporate discount

Thread Starter #35

Awesome mate ... My personal perception there is no petrol sedan in the range which is such a VFM car and as sleek as Honda city, keep it clean with periodic maintainance and its always a feast to the eyes and such a pleasure to drive, nothing as sexy as black city but, feel sorry that it cannot take tints anymore

Always have a special liking towards this baby [:D]
Thanks swift&furious. The city is one of the better looking sedans in its category. Though i like Verna better in terms of its exterior looks. But nothing beats the City when it comes to sheer driving pleasure, the refinement of the IVTEC.

Thread Starter #36

Update - 1st Service:
Car odo crossed 1K mark and it was 1 month since my beauty arrived into my life and hence it was time for the 1st service.
The only work carried were a few technical checks (as mentioned in the service catalogue) followed by a car wash. The whole process was smooth and took around 4hrs (the car wash took almost 2.5hrs due to the massive lineup of cars which were pending washing since the previous day).
I had reported an issue around the gearshift not being very smooth esp when downshifting from 3rd to 2nd even if the clutch is fully engaged. The SA got it lubricated and that seems to have solved the problem for the moment.
Total Bill - NIL (as it was a free service and no oil change was done)
Overall Experience - Excellent [clap]
- Reasons (All queries were promptly handled, no delay
in attending, SA was very polite and paid attention
to all my issues).

The only sore point was the interior cleaning was not upto my expectation which i monitored and had to instruct the cleaners to repeat some of their procedures.

The car is running butter smooth and is an absolute delight as it glides past the city traffic. The car is returning a mileage of more than 14.5 kmpl with 75% AC usage in city. I cannot wait for the ODO to cross 2K which would liberate my car
from the clutches of "Run In Period" [:D]

Thread Starter #37

It has been 2 months today since the City entered my life. The odo reads 2000 kms and hence i have completed the run-in period. The car runs fabulous without any major issues. I got the best mileage last week of 15.6kmpl (tankful method). The MID shows a mileage of 16.6 kmpl currently after it has run 250kms in city traffic this week. Assuming an error of not more than 0.6kmpl, she should be setting a new benchmark for me [:D]
I have got nitrogen filled up on all the tyres. Would be doing a 500km highway run next week as i head home for Diwali vacation. Look forward to cross my self imposed speed barrier of 80kms during the run in period [:D]

The only sore point has been the difficulty in downshifting to 2nd gear even though the clutch is fully engaged. Plan to take it to the dealership after i return back from vacation to get the gearbox lubricated.

That's a wonderful mileage figures,how is the ride quality on a bad roads?

It has been 2 months today since the City entered my life. The odo reads 2000 kms and hence i have completed the run-in period. The car runs fabulous without any major issues. I got the best mileage last week of 15.6kmpl (tankful method). The MID shows a mileage of 16.6 kmpl currently after it has run 250kms in city traffic this week. Assuming an error of not more than 0.6kmpl, she should be setting a new benchmark for me [:D]
I have got nitrogen filled up on all the tyres. Would be doing a 500km highway run next week as i head home for Diwali vacation. Look forward to cross my self imposed speed barrier of 80kms during the run in period [:D]

The only sore point has been the difficulty in downshifting to 2nd gear even though the clutch is fully engaged. Plan to take it to the dealership after i return back from vacation to get the gearbox lubricated.
hakki, you are getting some excellent mileage figures here.. I got the worst mileage yesterday in one of the worst traffic conditions (due to rains and heavy traffic jams here in Blr), around 10.5 Kmpl. Surprisingly after using City for 2 weeks when I took out my Santro today I felt the clutch and steering being very hard. Maybe I have to change the clutch plate of my santro but all the more happy that City's steering being very light and nippy to use.

Thread Starter #40

That's a wonderful mileage figures,how is the ride quality on a bad roads?
Thanks Visran. The ride quality is reasonably good. But it is not as good as Verna. To me Verna has the best ride quality over pot hole ridden roads but due to the softer suspension, the Verna suffers from poor highway handling.

hakki, you are getting some excellent mileage figures here.. I got the worst mileage yesterday in one of the worst traffic conditions (due to rains and heavy traffic jams here in Blr), around 10.5 Kmpl. Surprisingly after using City for 2 weeks when I took out my Santro today I felt the clutch and steering being very hard. Maybe I have to change the clutch plate of my santro but all the more happy that City's steering being very light and nippy to use.
I am fairly sure that if i were to drive in bumper-to-bumper traffic my FE would certainly drop. But the IVTEC is too good to suffer from poor mileage. It would surely start delivering better mileages once u drive in better conditions.
I agree that the City's steering is very nippy which helps to navigate through city traffic with ease.

But I felt Honda's suspension to be slightly better than Verna's (not being biased here since I own the Honda) at least during the test drives I took back to back on the same roads [:)]. But regarding the steering I felt Verna's as good as the City.

As you have done even I need to upgrade my City's headlamps, they are in fact very poor, I felt that today evening wherein I was not able to see a thing and that too in the rainy conditions.

Hows your experience with Philips extreme vision? Did you get it installed from the dealer or outside and how much did it cost?

Thread Starter #42

But I felt Honda's suspension to be slightly better than Verna's (not being biased here since I own the Honda) at least during the test drives I took back to back on the same roads [:)]. But regarding the steering I felt Verna's as good as the City.

As you have done even I need to upgrade my City's headlamps, they are in fact very poor, I felt that today evening wherein I was not able to see a thing and that too in the rainy conditions.

Hows your experience with Philips extreme vision? Did you get it installed from the dealer or outside and how much did it cost?
I am quite happy with the Philips Xtreme vision. A pair cost me 1200. Since it was pure plug and play I got them done at a local accessory shop

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
16.5 is really good. And 10.5 in bad traffic conditions, what can i say.

I get just 8-10 in normal traffic. The best i got was 11 kmpl. Don't why the verna has poor mileage and suspenion is better in city on highway. But there's no match in potholes[;)]

I get just 8-10 in normal traffic. The best i got was 11 kmpl. Don't why the verna has poor mileage and suspenion is better in city on highway. But there's no match in potholes[;)]
Whats the mileage you get on Highway drives?

Thread Starter #45

Mate, i dont think you can put the blame squarely on your Verna. You too have to take some of it for the way you drive. No offence meant [:)]

Keep your right foot light, switch off at signals if the waiting period is more than 1 minute, no sudden acceleration or decelaration unless it is warranted, taking off the right foot from the pedal in case of downward slope to use the natural momentum to drive the car forward etc.
None of the above is rocket science and am sure you surely know all of this.
It is just that you need to follow this all the time religiously [:D]
I am quite sure your Verna will surely deliver mileages as good as City (if not better)

Top Bottom