Honda City Door Rust

Thread Starter #1
Hi
I had purchased a Honda city in 2016. About a year or so later, the sides of the door and around the beading of the windows rust started appearing. I generally did not take it very seriously thinking it is a small rust. Now over a period of time, the rust is spreading and it looks fairly obvious to anyone who comes close to the car. I raised the same with an email to Honda and took it to the dealer, who checked it out and finally Honda reverted saying it is superficial .

I had no such problems with any of my previous cars and so why should a Honda city car doors start to corrode??? I do not reside in a coastal town and the car is parked in a protected portico.

Has anyone had any such problems and if so what was the solution that the company provided.

Thanks and looking forward to some guidance.

Renu

Last edited:

350Z

Core Team
Has anyone had any such problems and if so what was the solution that the company provided.
I’ve had this issue with Ford Fiesta but after the warranty period. The rust spot was right below ORVM. Quick touchup helped prevent spreading it. Can you share an image of how large is the rusted area?

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom