Honda CB Twister - Battery Problem

Thread Starter #1
Hi All,

This is my first thread here :) . I am not much into bikes so I decided to discuss about my bike's problem here.

I own a CB Twister and its been one year and. I never had a problem with this bike until last two weeks .

Problem 1 : Battery getting discharged (max one and half day ) quickly and not getting charged while riding the bike
Problem 2: When charge is low if I hold the clutch while moving down the gear or press the horn ..bike is getting stopped
Problem 3: Head-light is not working

So I went to Pratul Honda(Kondapur ,Hyd) and gave the bike for servicing and explained the problem . Later they told me that bike rectifier is gone and it needs to be replaced and as they don’t have stock for rectifiers... it will take one week to get the new stock [surprise] ... so I bought a rectifier from other show-room and get it replaced by local mechanic . But the problem wasnt solved . I took the bike to a local mechanic . He verified the battery and told me that battery is just of 26 V and it supposed to have 1000V [surprise] . I thought it was waste of my time to explain what is 1000V is... so I dared not to give bike such a non-technical person and I took the bike again to pratul honda showroom....this time they told me that this isn't problem with rectifier ..there is loose contact in the wiring and they fixed it. Now the head-light problem is resolved (it has very dim light ) but Problem 1 and 2 still persists...

Now I am sure that isn’t problem with rectifier and they unnecessarily made me to buy a new one.

Neither the local mechanics nor the showrooms guys sound technical ..what should I do?

Any help guys?

Re: CB Twister - Battery Problem

Did they recharge the battery after it had drained out? Is the battery and bike still under warranty? What make is the battery? Did you try taking it to the battery dealer that sells the concerned make? If not then show it to the concerned battery dealer who has service as well. He might be in a better position to help you out.

Thread Starter #3
It is a Exide battery and It has been charged three times since the problem started. No, neither of them are under warranty (Show room guys were telling me that electrical items comes with no warranty and its been one year since I bought the bike so the warranty has expired) .

Thank for the help. I will take the battery to the service center...

A quick question : Why there is no edit option once I publish the thread .There are some typos and mistakes in my previous post. I couldn't edit

It is a Exide battery and It has been charged three times since the problem started. No, neither of them are under warranty (Show room guys were telling me that electrical items comes with no warranty and its been one year since I bought the bike so the warranty has expired) .

Thank for the help. I will take the battery to the service center...

A quick question : Why there is no edit option once I publish the thread .There are some typos and mistakes in my previous post. I couldn't edit
The Exide Dealer would be better equipped to help you out hopefully.

You can edit your posts within fifteen minutes of posting. After that if you need an edit you will have to make a request to the administrator.

Top Bottom