Honda CB Shine SP - A New Companion

Nice pics Salahuddin, that too on HYD - Mahabub Nagar road...... (the recent famous road all over India [cry])

Ride safe. Avoid speeds above 65 kmph, where your bike with a skinny rear tyre stays stable in the cross winds. Once you get a wider tyre for rear, you may approach till 70 kmph with some safety assured.

Keep updating your experiences with your Shine 5 speed.

Thread Starter #18
Nice pics Salahuddin, that too on HYD - Mahabub Nagar road...... (the recent famous road all over India [cry])

Ride safe. Avoid speeds above 65 kmph, where your bike with a skinny rear tyre stays stable in the cross winds. Once you get a wider tyre for rear, you may approach till 70 kmph with some safety assured.

Keep updating your experiences with your Shine 5 speed.
Yes, the same road I have been n number of times, actually the November month was very disturbing. Many people got killed in road accidents in hyderabad. The BioDiversity park car fell from flyover, it happens to be the route I take everyday, and 2 more women were killed one by Bus and other by Truck. And cant forget Shamshabad Case.

I usually do not ride at high speeds. Will avoid it on Shine too.

Thread Starter #19
2k kms update: Shine has completed 2k kms in one month.No major issues to complain about the bike. Few minor ones like vibration and rattling from visor and sometimes gear shifting is not smooth. These are the issues that I can live with, the mileage is 55kmpl using reserve-reserve method with mix of aggressive and sedate riding. I have no complaints over economy, the bike is serving well. Very happy to own it.

I had a bad experience with Dealer, I bought the bike on 7 November last month and bike was delivered after 8 pm. So I did not collect insurance, Service manual and TR number of bike. My brother contacted the dealer and he said TR number would be given after ten days. I dont know why it will take ten days for TR number, because I wanted to get it registered soon to take it to Hyderabad. But could not take bike to Hyderabad. The TR number and other papers were given to me on 16th November after arguing with Dealer. When I visited on 16th it was Saturday and the person there asked me to come on Monday again but I requested him to give. Then he gave me, when I saw the papers TR number was issued on 9 November but dealer didnt give me because he did not get loan amount from bank, is it my fault that payment was late.

My brother was stopped by Traffic Police twice because he was not carrying any vehicle document. But the dealer said this is their policy, if you want you can complain about me ( Jo ukhadna hai ukhad le} .

2k kms update: Shine has completed 2k kms in one month.No major issues to complain about the bike. Few minor ones like vibration and rattling from visor and sometimes gear shifting is not smooth. These are the issues that I can live with, the mileage is 55kmpl using reserve-reserve method with mix of aggressive and sedate riding. I have no complaints over economy, the bike is serving well. Very happy to own it.

I had a bad experience with Dealer, I bought the bike on 7 November last month and bike was delivered after 8 pm. So I did not collect insurance, Service manual and TR number of bike. My brother contacted the dealer and he said TR number would be given after ten days. I dont know why it will take ten days for TR number, because I wanted to get it registered soon to take it to Hyderabad. But could not take bike to Hyderabad. The TR number and other papers were given to me on 16th November after arguing with Dealer. When I visited on 16th it was Saturday and the person there asked me to come on Monday again but I requested him to give. Then he gave me, when I saw the papers TR number was issued on 9 November but dealer didnt give me because he did not get loan amount from bank, is it my fault that payment was late.

My brother was stopped by Traffic Police twice because he was not carrying any vehicle document. But the dealer said this is their policy, if you want you can complain about me ( Jo ukhadna hai ukhad le} .

Very bad attitude from dealer. Publish this incident online and kill their business. If I were you, I would do that.

Thread Starter #21
I have already raised complaint with Honda two wheelers on phone and they responded with email saying that my complaint is resolved.

Twice this has happened. I speak to them on phone and they closed the ticket saying it was resolved.

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
Dealer is rogue. Not Honda.
Honda is wrong by not having proper control over stupid dealers,who bring unnecessary bad name on Honda.

Thread Starter #23
Last update of 2019:

Shine has clocked 3100km in 50 days since we bought it. The average is constantly around 55 kmpl. No major problems faced till now, its running perfect.

The gearshift sometimes is not smooi, while down shifting it doesn't move from 3rd gear to 2nd gear some times otherwise there is no other thing to report.

See you in 2020, Happy New Year to all TAI members.

Thread Starter #26
Second Service Update:-

Got the bike serviced at Orange Honda, Toli Chowki, Hyderabad at 3667km.

Went to the SC at 9AM and already 20 bikes were in queue, job card was made and I was asked to come by evening. SA asked if any issues are there, there were no major issues but a few niggles like clutch lever getting loose and right side panel was not fixed properly. The gear shift was not smooth. SA said nothing can be done about lever, and side panel.

The bike was ready by 4PM and I paid the bill 370rs, and took the bike. Could not stay there while it was being serviced as the SC is very crowded always. Nothing much to report till now, hope the mileage increases a bit as it has lowered to 50kmpl whlie earlier it used to return 55kmpl.

The next service is between 7500-8000 km which is 4000km interval. If it was 2000km interval then bike had to be serviced every 45-50 days. So far not engine overheating issues faced as its quite cool temperature here, can comment about it during summers

Last edited:

deville_56

Honoured Member
Most Honda dealerships are sick here. So do the customer care. Most of people here won't go to authorised service center after first service. When I contacted the Honda customer care, they always say Honda is the best and it can never go wrong and whatever happened is because of customer's fault. (I actually called them for some spares).

Show the panel and gear issue to some good mechanic.

Thread Starter #28
Good Morning TAI,

Updating thread after a long time today, Shine has covered 6000kms as of now and running perfectly. Once in a month I take it for highway ride of 100 km between Hyderabad-Mahabubnagar. When I ride it alone I cruise at 70kph and it does it without any issue, even at 80 there is not much vibration in the engine you just have to be gentle with throttle and gradually increase the speed. Apart from the vibration from the Visor there are no niggles faced till now. Mileage has been above 50 kmpl consistently which is acceptable I mostly ride in city traffic and occasionally go on highway. It takes 10.5L of fuel at reserve and gives a range of 550 km till it again comes into reserve.

So far happy with the vehicle and look to ride it for more km.

Thread Starter #29
Hello there,

Need advice on Tyre upgrade. Bike has crossed 28k kms and rear Tyre still has some life left but I want to upsize the rear tyre. Need advice from members on what size would fit without touching the mudguard. Bike is not stable at corners due to skinny tyres and doesn't give confidence to ride past 70kmph.

Need your valuable suggestions.

Top Bottom