Honda Brio VMT Test Drive

Thread Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I did a test drive of the Honda Brio VMT recently. Following were my first impressions:

Likes-
> Cute & unique to look at
> Engine was quite peppy
> Car very easy to throw around & navigate in traffic
> Interior space quite surprisingly was good enough. Headroom was good for 6footers & even legroom too, due to the carved out front seatbacks.
> Quite loaded with dual airbags, ABS with EBD, steering mounted audio controls, electric adjust of side mirrors, central/remote locking, all round power windows, usb/aux in connectivity

Dislikes-
> VMT model is costly considering the absence of certain features
> Boot is definately small
> Dash looks spartan
> Driver seat height adjust should have been given
> Absence of rear wiper & defogger

The ride n handling were quite good from whatever I could make out in city traffic. In fact the car felt slightly better than the jazz in bumper to bumper traffic situations due to the altered gearing & light weight. The cost cuttings are apparant in certain places like door pockets & integrated seat headrests. The seats were a tad hard but the ride was comfortable.

Demand for the top end VMT variant is less, understandably. The SMT is more in demand as per the SE. But Eastern Honda Kolkata is willing to deliver the VMT variant in 2-3days time. This was a pleasant surprise as I thought there would be a long waiting period for this car.

Cheers

Jazzy

350Z

Core Team
Nice review. Will be even better if we can have a more elaborated review apart of likes and dislikes and some images wouldn’t harm either. :smile:

Drive Safe,
350Z

Wow, extremely sorry for missing out this thread.

Excellent write up buddy. Did you take any pictures? If yes, then please share them with us. Also I would like to have your views on the rear head room, which seemed insufficient to me (maybe because i am a 6fter).

Thread Starter #4
Akash,
What I basically found was that the Brio looks to be a cute small car from outside, maybe slightly bigger than an alto, but on the inside its got more room than an i10 for sure. Maybe headroom in i10 could be more in the backseat but overall Brio has a lot of space. I'm a 6 footer too & my head touched the roof only when I tilted it back & strained myself in the backseat. But I did not sit 3 abreast in the back seat, but it won't be too comfortable as is the case with most hatchbacks.

350Z,
Sorry I didn't take any pictures.It was a red colour TD vehicle. We have booked a Silver Brio VMT. Expecting delivery on 11th March.[cheers]

Jazzy

350Z

Core Team
350Z,
Sorry I didn't take any pictures.It was a red colour TD vehicle. We have booked a Silver Brio VMT. Expecting delivery on 11th March.[cheers]
So I should rather look forward to a full fledged ownership review soon. :smile: Congrats for booking Brio. Good choice.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #6
So I should rather look forward to a full fledged ownership review soon. :smile: Congrats for booking Brio. Good choice.

Drive Safe,
350Z
Yes, 350Z and this time I will take time out on a sunday to draft a proper one conforming to TAI guidelines :)

Btw we have opted for the Mode Package in the Brio which means it will come with- Side/rear/front corner protectors, rear cargo protector, chome door protector, floor mats & illumiated side step garnish. The 3M polish along with underbody coating is also being done.[:D]

Cheers
Jazzy

great write up buddy and congo for brio! waiting for review asap! [:)] never seen one with mode package!

We have booked a Silver Brio VMT. Expecting delivery on 11th March.
Hi Jazzy
I have been told frm pinnacle Honda that delivery date of my brio will be deffer from 10th march as motor vehicle in kolkata is not giving the registration of new car.....

When did u book ur brio.
I have book my car in 31st oct wating long ........

Thread Starter #9
Hi Jazzy
I have been told frm pinnacle Honda that delivery date of my brio will be deffer from 10th march as motor vehicle in kolkata is not giving the registration of new car.....

When did u book ur brio.
I have book my car in 31st oct wating long ........
Hi Brio,
Yes this is a major issue. In fact we highlighted it to the press (telegraph) & the article came out last saturday. Please check metro on 10/03/12. Our case has been mentioned in the article. Its a blame game doing the rounds. The West bengal State Secretary has changed in February. The new person is claiming that manufacturers are launching new variants all the time & hiking ex showroom prices whereas the registration cost is remaining the same. He has been studying all the latest variant launches & this has created a huge backlog due to non registration at beltala Kolkata. Beltala registration det says they havent received order from Govt. Dealers are blaming Beltala & we ar blaming the dealers. ITS A VISCIOUS CIRCLE!!![frustration]

Now that Telegraph has highlighted this issue I expect things to move fast. We had booked the Brio VMT model on march 1st & was assured delivery on 11th march. Eastern Honda said that this being the top model, there is hardly any demand for it & so we shall get it if we book asap, which we did. Now they are blaming the Govt., which isn't exactly false. It's not in thier hands now. They had also offered us to take the vehicle unregistered but we opted out of it. They have also said that Brio base model registration has started & that of new hondacity too. So best of luck to you buddy....

Cheers

Jazzy

Thanks Jazzy, your review will definitely help people planning to go for Honda Brio. Last week one of my friends was talking about planning to buy a hatchback car. And he is very much a fan of Honda cars. earlier when Honda didn't have their car range in the hatchback section he couldn't buy one. But now that Honda Brio is launched, he can very well think of it. So I will tell to join TAI, as it will surely help him make a judgment.
Thanks again and please keep posting.

Thread Starter #11
Thanks Jazzy, your review will definitely help people planning to go for Honda Brio. Last week one of my friends was talking about planning to buy a hatchback car. And he is very much a fan of Honda cars. earlier when Honda didn't have their car range in the hatchback section he couldn't buy one. But now that Honda Brio is launched, he can very well think of it. So I will tell to join TAI, as it will surely help him make a judgment.
Thanks again and please keep posting.
Anytime Arvind, thanks.. I will submit my ownership report on the Brio soon after getting delivery

Cheers

Jazzy

Thread Starter #12
Hi guys,
Getting the Brio tomorrow guys...we will now be a Honda Family :)
Son with jazz & dad with Brio

Cheers
Jazzy

Thread Starter #15
yes 350Z,
Iv got my VIN No fom dealer & decoded it & Im happy tha its a Jan 2012 model. PDI will be done today evening. The dealer has also said something surprising- we had ordered for rear parcel tray as the Brio doesn't come with one but they said that hondas started providing with parcel tray so we needn't pay for it. hence they will adjust that money with some other accessory. The ganesh idol, perfume & steering cover are already being provided by them.

CHeers
Jazzy

Top Bottom