Honda Brio VMT : Experience Just Started

Thread Starter #1
I was looking for a new car and for that i have had many options in my head but there are many factors which i had to consider before searching for new Car for me. For this i started doing the followings;
Internet : (The automotive India, Carwale, etc)
Friends : Existing Car Owners Advices,
Showroom : Went many showrooms and had test ride of having real experience
Street Watching : Started staring at many cars

Friends and the visit to the showroom were two important things that helped me in deciding my cute car "BRIO"

Primarily i did not think of the the BRIO and decided to but the Car (on the recommendation of the friends)

Maruti Swift & Ritz,
Hyundai i10 (i20 was not considered because i felt that it is little costly for me)

I never had the Brio in my option because it is just launched on Indian Road and also not having good response (As expected by Honda). Ne a day (D Day) came, when the Honda People have a whole day campaign at my office and then i decided to have Test Drive of the car. I felt good to drive and ask Honda people to come to my home so that wife also have had test ride. Along with Honda i also called Maruti dealer for the same.

So next day , we had test ride of both and still there was a confusion between Swift and Brio. Both of the cars having super refined engine and good handling. I am not concentrating more on the quality of the engine and the build, as i am having no doubt on the quality of both the Masters Auto Giants.But there are some points on which Brio Scores over Swift (Some Practical Points);

a. For me, Swift has good design ,Although little bulky and fatty, which is little more prone to scratches in city traffic. Whereas, Brio looked futuristic in style, i specially liked the rear, as it gives more visibility from rear, that is boon for the driving in Indian Condition,

b. I dont have problem with brakes of the Swift but the handling/ visibility was little uncomfortable for me and in BRIO, it seems like it great fun to drive this car. Brio can be easily driven in heavy traffic as well as having good stability on the HIghways. However, Brio is little shaky on the bad Roads (specially can be felt at back seats), but i feel, this is not an big issue as most of the Car in this segment having that problem. However, Brio at driving seat is marvelous and it felt like i am sitting in Big Sedan Car.

c. BRIO is having fresh look whereas Swift is on Indian Road since very long.

So i booked by little honda in form of Brio. My experience with Honda is also very fantastic,

Buying Experience at Honda
, . Excellent buying experince. First ribon ceremony was perfomed at Deccan Honda,, then coconut giving and some boom boom stuff. This was followed by Tilak ceremony and photographs. Honda guys then gifted us cookies box and framed photograph which was clicked just few minutes back. They have also given us Sample Tree on account of green initiative by Honda. Service engg met us and gave him card for any service issue, sales guy demostrated all the features.overall, it was wonderful experience. I negotiated on some accessories like Body cover, UV Coating ( I need not to bargain on this) and floor mats. When we left the showroom everybody in the family was more than happy and its the right decision made by us. I felt like privileged customer ( King like feeling)

Last edited:
Congratulations for your new acquisition.

Do post the pics of your car and with your initial days of ownership experience.

congrats once again, love to see more pictures. Brio does enjoy futuristik looks and honda's A.S.S is an added advantage.

welcome to the Brio family :)

Congratulations on your new acquisition car001[clap].

Do share your initial ownership and driving experience. Also please do some justice to this thread by posting some nice pics buddy[;)]

Congrats for your new buy. Please share more details about initial driving experience, rear leg space, braking, NVH level & of-course lots of Pics of your beauty.

Congrats on your new car buddy,
pls share the following details

1. Car color?
2. Any freeby accesories given by dealer?
3. OTR price?
4. Which model of Brio? Is it V(mt)??

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats on your Brio car001.Brio is a lovely car because,it had peppy nature engine,Honda reliability and seating.

So,Brio is the best vehicle who are looking for their first car.

hi Car001,

pls share the following details

1. Car color?
2. Any freeby accesories given by dealer?
3. OTR price?
4. Which model of Brio? Is it V(mt)??

Thread Starter #9
Sorry for delayed posting on the snaps.

All the snaps were taken at the time of delivery of vehicle

My experience with the vehicle is fantastic. this really a gem of the car

Will post you with my detailed experience details in next few days

Attachments

Congratulations on getting Brio'ed [clap]. I believe this is the best petrol hatch in the country under 6 lacs (Jazz has to be the best in the over 6 lacs category). Apart from the miniscule boot space, everything else about the car is fabulous. Please do post your ownership experience and do not forget to upload more pics of your Brio

Thread Starter #12
My experience at Honda was very good and i felt good with the treatment received from them. i started driving my car one day after its delivery because car was delivered to my doorstep by the Honda itself (Driver provided by them on my request) as i was not very comfortable during heavy traffic. However, when i started driving the car and driving the car with more confidence. It is important to note that i have never driven any car in my life but it is only Brio, which have given me the confidence in just two days and i really say. i started loving it back

Great Engine, ( No doubt on Honda Petrol Engine, they are masters of masters)
great visibility, ( Benefit of glass back)
Agile handling, (Can take 'U' Turn without any problems)
Easy in Traffic, (Many cars could not handle the traffic better than this)
Cozy Interior (Missing in many cars in India under this segment)
Practical Car ( Music System without Cd has its own advantage, Speakers in the doors to safe the space at rear, very deep boot, Placement of light inside the car, etc)

Now i own this car i could not find any car in this segment better than this

Thread Starter #14
Congrats for your car, car001 What are those advantages? I am asking this because when I went to Honda dealership, I was so sad to know that Honda cars don't come with CD player.
hey some of the advantages are as under;

CD takes your lot of space in the car ( You can save this space for some important documents)
CDs are prone to scratches and therefore can any time become not usable,
You can not have the song as per your choice in the CD (one which bought from the market),

In the present time everybody is having computers and you can easily copy the songs of your choice and enjoy the music in the car,
Quality of music system ( Sound quality) is superb.

You can also connect your phone to this. so in my opinion, not having CD is not a negative point in Brio. Think about it. it is very practical and futuristic car.

there is an option of usb port and you just need to plugin your mp3/mp4 player and your good to go.
cd's are gonna get extinct soon just like the cassettes.

Top Bottom