Honda Brio V vs Maruti Swift VDi - Please Help.

Thread Starter #1
confused between brio V vs swift VDI

I learnt car driving in swift and just loved d car. its engine i feeel always to drive.
Didnt like the interiors bcoz it was too dark as if im watching Rgv film.

Want to buy a car under 7lakhs.

My options are brio v and swift vdi.

Only i will be driving my car. sometimes mom as dad had his accord he will not drive mine.

MY REQUIREMENTS:

Engine should be very responsive
Easy handling bcoz im not expert in Driving
Strictly for city purposes
ABS IS MUST. MY PARENTS ONE AND ONLY CONDITION
Should be different in others
Rear space because my friends may be seated back

These are my requirements by seeing tv ad i liked brio a lot and shocked by its pricing(its H). i personally love swift but brio is different in looks and i loved white brio

many reviews complained brio rear seat was too close to glass hatch and feels like always being infront of back vehicles. please help me which car suits me. No problem whether its petrol or diesel because max i will be driving my car for 60kms per week.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Very much confused...help me

If your heart says Brio, then you should follow it,it's a very decent product from Honda engine is very peppy, since these are your early driving day's brio's compact dimension will help you drive around in the town.

Fazer

Suspended

confused between brio V vs swift VDI
Taking practically, Swift is better.

I learnt car driving in swift and just loved d car. its engine i feeel always to drive.
Didnt like the interiors bcoz it was too dark as if im watching Rgv film.
Yes, I also feel the interiors are a bit dark (in the Old swift) but I feel they are ok in the new one. Actually, My friend has the New Swift but he has also got Black seats, and I think thats the reason why his interiors look dark.

Want to buy a car under 7lakhs.
Under 7 L bracket, You have plenty of other cars to choose from. Punto, i20, etc.

My options are brio v and swift vdi.
If you are willing to spend 7 L, then I would suggest Swift anyday.

Only i will be driving my car. sometimes mom as dad had his accord he will not drive mine.

MY REQUIREMENTS:

Engine should be very responsive
Easy handling bcoz im not expert in Driving
Strictly for city purposes
ABS IS MUST. MY PARENTS ONE AND ONLY CONDITION
Should be different in others
Rear space because my friends may be seated back
If you are not an expert and want easy manoeuvrability, then Brio would be the best choice as it has a compact design. Engine is peppy. Also, For city purposes, I feel BRIO would be good. Actually, Swift is cramped at the rear, So, remove it. I don't know about the space inside the Brio. Maybe go to some honda showroom and check it out!

These are my requirements by seeing tv ad i liked brio a lot and shocked by its pricing(its H). i personally love swift but brio is different in looks and i loved white brio

many reviews complained brio rear seat was too close to glass hatch and feels like always being infront of back vehicles. please help me which car suits me. No problem whether its petrol or diesel because max i will be driving my car for 60kms per week.
Yes. The Brio is a bit ODD from the rear because of it's Rear Glass. If you are Okay with it. Then, GO FOR THE BRIO V (Seeing your requirements).

Good Luck.

why didnt you consider

1.)I20 - Stylish interior, good looking , Good performance , has abs
2.)Punto - Stylish from outside / inside , Good performance , Superb handling (i think so [;)] ) , has abs
but Rear is cramped in most of the hatchback ,if your weekly running is only 60km then why dont you try with the top variant of the sedans available with abs in the market also take test drive of the vehicles before selecting one.[roll]

Thread Starter #5
1.i20=high maintainance, some of my family members advised me choose i20 only if u want to own diesel vehicle because petrol engine suffers a lot it seems

2.punto= low bhp for 1.2litre petrol engine disappointed. i want to feel d power of vehicle which i personally doubt it in punto

@Fazer. thank u brother for your valuable rep

Now my dad advised me why dont you have a look at swift zxi

which is best btw brio v vs swift zxi vs punto dynamic

Thans for all who replied me

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #6
The n better get the BRIO if you want the car for major City use and you are not a perfect driver.

So, Shall we wait for the ownership report of Brio? Final?
Booked TD of Brio on Monday and also swift on same day. i will decide what to own by having a TD. whats your opinion of having TD and decide what to own??

Have a doubt. many complained me I20 petrol engine gives only 7-8km where as brio gives around 10km p liter and Swift gives around 12.8-13.5 is this true??

The n better get the BRIO if you want the car for major City use and you are not a perfect driver.

So, Shall we wait for the ownership report of Brio? Final?
Im really very much confused i love both d cars. Love to own brio but the power and handling where swift making me to drag to its side

Fazer

Suspended
thank u brother for your valuable rep
This is my duty as a TAI'an. [:)]

Now my dad advised me why dnt u have a look at swift zxi
Yes. I think that VDI as well as ZXI will be almost same in the price range, Right? Also, ZXI will have lots of more features (Alloys, Wider Tyres, Airbags, ABS) and if you are READY TO GO FOR PETROL, THEN ZXI IS A TOUGH CONTENDER.

which is best btw brio v vs swift zxi vs punto dynamic
Every car has it's own pros and cons.
BRIO : If you want ease of manoeuvrability in the city, then get this thing. It has a Peppy engine which suits city's traffic condition and comes with reliability and quality as standard because of 'Honda'.
PUNTO : Excellent Exteriors, Interiors (I am not sure), Superb Handling..Maybe this will be best for you but it will lack rear space. Also, I do not find the interiors sufficient in this price range. (No offence. Just my personal opinion)
SWIFT (ZXI): Reliability comes as standard because of MARUTI SUZUKI. Lots of Dealerships and A.S.S. spread in the country. Almost all standard features. Astonishing EXTERIORS. A reputed car in the indian car market.

If I were you, I would have got the Brio V MT.

Rest, Visit the cars at the dealerships to have a detailed look at the Interiors, Space, etc.
Have a doubt...many complained me I20 petrol engine gives only 7-8km where as brio gives around 10km p liter and Swift gives around 12.8-13.5 is dis true??
NO! In city, The Mileage of Brio is 14.5kmpl, i20 is 14kmpl, Swift is 15.7kmpl and Punto is 15kmpl. You can also check it on Google.

Good Luck..

MODS : PLEASE DELETE POST NO.7. TIME LIMIT HAD EXPIRED.

Thread Starter #8
Yes. I think that VDI as well as ZXI will be almost same in the price range, Right? Also, ZXI will have lots of more features (Alloys, Wider Tyres, Airbags, ABS) and if you are READY TO GO FOR PETROL, THEN ZXI IS A TOUGH CONTENDER

I saw these stats about FE of those cars. ya swift zxi is also good with xtra safety features

but now only two options swift zxi vs brio v

Hyundai excluded because of high maintainance and no power in 1.2l petrol engine wen compared to swift and brio

Hello Only, welcome to TAI
I would suggest you to have a glance at Honda Jazz Base also. Since you want rear seats to be spacious and considers Brio's price on the higher side JAZZ base would get you every thing including safety features, stereos etc excluding alloys.Swift ZXi can be considered to be a practical mans car. Its a Maruti car, naturally in the Indian context it will fetch you good resale value and cheaper maintanance cost.
If you want something stylish and want to stand out of the croud go in for Jazz or Brio

Thread Starter #10
Hello Only, welcome to TAI
I would suggest you to have a glance at Honda Jazz Base also. Since you want rear seats to be spacious and considers Brio's price on the higher side JAZZ base would get you every thing including safety features, stereos etc excluding alloys.Swift ZXi can be considered to be a practical mans car. Its a Maruti car, naturally in the Indian context it will fetch you good resale value and cheaper maintanance cost.
If you want something stylish and want to stand out of the croud go in for Jazz or Brio

ya bhai...but finally im going with Swift zxi

Top Bottom