Honda Brio SMT Test Drive Experience

Thread Starter #1
It's 15 days I owned my new Honda Brio. I still remember the day I decide to buy the Car. Before that it was Grand i10 in my list. But after the Brio test drive I was completely speechless. The driving was like butter for me, there was no sound of engine while I was driving. The biggest fun was while taking the U-Turn. The wheel base was enough to take a Quick U-Turn in a busy road also.

honda-brio-buying-experience.JPG

I have documented my entire imotional storybase Honda Brio test drive in my Blog. You can read the complete story here
Honda Brio Test Drive Review and Experience | How to buy a New Car in India ~ Tips, Tricks, Experience

This is not the end about Honda Brio. This Car is best in this Segment based on many plus points over other Cars.
1) The design is cute and compact
2) Inside space is huge and comfortable. 3 passenger can settle in rear seat easily.
3) I bought the SMT version which is equipped with all accessories except safety ones, as per my need. I think these are the basic accessories a Car should have
4) Although boot is very low, but I think from hatchback Car point of view this enough. In fact BRIO has option to fold the rear seats, which is really an advantage.
5) The interior design with quality plastics, dual color finish feel like a premium Car.
6) You can own a 1200CC honda Engine at this price range, which is a real fun to drive.

These are few points I liked after the Test Drive. I hope my research will clear many people's doubt and they can choose Brio over other or leave this Car for other ones.

Kindly provide me your expert advice regarding my experience and my blog.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations on the Brio. I would have also considered the car but for 3 reasons:
1) my parents (who would be in the back seat) felt the Micra was a bit more comfortable
2) The relative lack of distance between the backrest and the tail-gate-its uncomfortably close
3) Lack of boot space vis-a-vis Micra

Bought new Honda Brio SMT RR

After many brainstorming sesions, test drives and hours of reading reviews on net, I bought Honda Brio SMT RR in Pune. Its just arrived last week and Im having a great time with it. It cost me 5.1 here in Pune and will spend some more on seat covers and rear protectors. I was owning Santro before and bought BRIO because of the following reasons.

What I liked in BRIO
1. FE: I read many good reviews on FE and within the first week itself I am getting a FE of around 17 in City without AC. With AC the figures go down to 15 in City. Yet to touch highway.
2. Looks: The rear glass looks awesome and gives an exclusivity among other cars.
3. Seat height adjuster and rear defogger which were missing in older BRIOs are now available in my SMT.
4. Butter smooth electric steering is such a pleasure to maneuver even in tight spots when ur speed is less than 40.
5. The Eco light is a great aid to drive economically at all speeds.
6: Super silent engine which is trained to exhibit pin drop silence inside the car.

What could have been better
1. Better stock tyres. I have been given JK tyres and many more are given MRF.
2. More colour options in lower versions. EMT doesnt have red and blue while EXMT doesnt have blue.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Bought new Honda Brio SMT RR

After many brainstorming sesions, test drives and hours of reading reviews on net, I bought Honda Brio SMT RR in Pune. Its just arrived last week and Im having a great time with it. It cost me 5.1 here in Pune and will spend some more on seat covers and rear protectors. I was owning Santro before and bought BRIO because of the following reasons.

What I liked in BRIO
1. FE: I read many good reviews on FE and within the first week itself I am getting a FE of around 17 in City without AC. With AC the figures go down to 15 in City. Yet to touch highway.
2. Looks: The rear glass looks awesome and gives an exclusivity among other cars.
3. Seat height adjuster and rear defogger which were missing in older BRIOs are now available in my SMT.
4. Butter smooth electric steering is such a pleasure to maneuver even in tight spots when ur speed is less than 40.
5. The Eco light is a great aid to drive economically at all speeds.
6: Super silent engine which is trained to exhibit pin drop silence inside the car.

What could have been better
1. Better stock tyres. I have been given JK tyres and many more are given MRF.
2. More colour options in lower versions. EMT doesnt have red and blue while EXMT doesnt have blue.
Hi Prasad,
Congratulations on your newly acquired priced possession. It will be great if you can start your own ownership thread where you can list your experiences and share our details with the fellow TAI members.

Brio is indeed a great petrol hatchback in current market. It gives gud mileage, has a great peppy engine & Honda reliability. Mine is 2.4 years old and has done 29K, I still really enjoy it driving everyday....

Thanks,
Naveen

Last edited:

Top Bottom