Honda Brio SMT or S(O)MT?

Do Airbags and ABS need some maintenance? i mean ASS cost will increase or remain same with these feature loaded car?
Nope. Don't think in the negative manner buddy. Airbags will only require if they need replacement. Rallye red makes it looks hot.[;)]. Good choice with colour again.

Prad ,
As you have zeroed your choice to Honda Brio, go for the variant with ABS and Airbags.
Irrespective of the roads that you drive through these safety features are quite worth and are essential mainly ABS.
Rally Red Brio would look good. Do check out abaster silver color also(my personal color choice[:D]).

Hi Friends,I am planning to buy a Hatchback ..finally after reading all the reviews i decided to go with either Maruthi Swift or Honda Brio...But some of my friends are suggesting to go for Swift (Petrol).the Reason they are telling is Maintainence of Maruthi is very less compare to Brio.My Question is does it really matters Until unless there is need to change the Spare parts(if necessary) and also what is the Service cost of these two?..is there is big diffrence in Service cost?
1. how much it cost for a general service of Honda Brio?
2. how much it cost for a general service of Maruthi Swift?

Can any one please help me in this...

Your responce is highly apreciated... Thanks, Sai.

Hi Friend,
Swift is a very good car , proven over years (expect some minor niggles).
I own a Brio, one of my friend owns a swift and I have friends who owns figo, i10 etc.
What I have found is "Maintainence of Maruthi is very less" is just a traditional belief, as we indians are always used to. Don't expect swift spare parts to be cheap.
Indeed when my friend went to purchase figo, he compared the spare parts cost list and service cost of figo and maruti cars and indeed figo was cheaper in some areas and maruti in some other.

Maruti was cheap at one point of time before, mainly because they were the only ones manufacturing spare parts in india and rest most of the companies were importing most of the spares which added to the cost. But things have changed now over the years and is more competitive now.
Most of the companies have start manufacturing spare parts in india and is as cheap as maruti. In fact spare parts of companies like toyota and honda are more rugged and have longer life even though they cost more by few bucks.
So donot blindly go for swift just by thinking that its cheap to maintain (no its not real cheap), but do test drive both swift and brio and then decide.

Most of the modern cars do last long and don't require any maintenance (except the routine ones) unless you crash it or abuse it too much or you are too unlucky to get a defective one, in all cases its going to cost you a bomb ( any cars).

In my opinion swift is better for long drives and has a better suspension. Brio is not bad for long drive either ( have been to recent bangalore-Mysore trip) but suspension is not great as swift. The good thing in Brio is you get all security features and good quality audio at a price far less than even swift VXI (which doesnot even come with audio). Swift looks more MANLY and has more boot space, whereas brio looks smaller and cute type (but inside space is bigger than i10)

Its difficult to pin-point a particular car (else it looks as if iam biased), since both have demerits and merits. Its for you to decide.

In case you are looking for diesel, then figo titanium diesel is a great buy for just 7lac with all the features. I didn't had diesel in my mind, else my choice would have been figo given that honda have no diesel options.

Last edited:
Hi all,
I am planning to buy Honda Brio after a lot of search. I found it VFM car in its segment, I narrowed down to my search to its variants SMT or S(O)MT. The cost difference is around 65K. the difference between these two variants is of safety features like ABS with EBD and Airbags.
I want to buy the car mostly for city rides, will take it to highways once or twice in a a year. pl suggest the most appropriate variant as i am confused between these two.
Hi Friends, I am planning to buy a Hatchback ..finally after reading all the reviews i decided to go with either Maruthi Swift or Honda Brio...But some of my friends are suggesting to go for Swift (Petrol).the Reason they are telling is Maintainence of Maruthi is very less compare to Brio.My Question is does it really matters Until unless there is need to change the Spare parts(if necessary) and also what is the Service cost of these two?..is there is big diffrence in Service cost? 1. how much it cost for a general service of Honda Brio? 2. how much it cost for a general service of Maruthi Swift? ...Can any one please help me in this... Your responce is highly apreciated... Thanks, Sai.

Hi Friends, I am planning to buy a Hatchback ..finally after reading all the reviews i decided to go with either Maruthi Swift or Honda Brio...But some of my friends are suggesting to go for Swift (Petrol).the Reason they are telling is Maintainence of Maruthi is very less compare to Brio.My Question is does it really matters Until unless there is need to change the Spare parts(if necessary) and also what is the Service cost of these two?..is there is big diffrence in Service cost? 1. how much it cost for a general service of Honda Brio? 2. how much it cost for a general service of Maruthi Swift? ...Can any one please help me in this... Your responce is highly apreciated... Thanks, Sai.

Hi Friend,
Swift is a very good car , proven over years (expect some minor niggles).
I own a Brio, one of my friend owns a swift and I have friends who owns figo, i10 etc.
What I have found is "Maintainence of Maruthi is very less" is just a traditional belief, as we indians are always used to. Don't expect swift spare parts to be cheap.
Indeed when my friend went to purchase figo, he compared the spare parts cost list and service cost of figo and maruti cars and indeed figo was cheaper in some areas and maruti in some other.

Maruti was cheap at one point of time before, mainly because they were the only ones manufacturing spare parts in india and rest most of the companies were importing most of the spares which added to the cost. But things have changed now over the years and is more competitive now.
Most of the companies have start manufacturing spare parts in india and is as cheap as maruti. In fact spare parts of companies like toyota and honda are more rugged and have longer life even though they cost more by few bucks.
So donot blindly go for swift just by thinking that its cheap to maintain (no its not real cheap), but do test drive both swift and brio and then decide.

Most of the modern cars do last long and don't require any maintenance (except the routine ones) unless you crash it or abuse it too much or you are too unlucky to get a defective one, in all cases its going to cost you a bomb ( any cars).

In my opinion swift is better for long drives and has a better suspension. Brio is not bad for long drive either ( have been to recent bangalore-Mysore trip) but suspension is not great as swift. The good thing in Brio is you get all security features and good quality audio at a price far less than even swift VXI (which doesnot even come with audio). Swift looks more MANLY and has more boot space, whereas brio looks smaller and cute type (but inside space is bigger than i10)

Its difficult to pin-point a particular car (else it looks as if iam biased), since both have demerits and merits. Its for you to decide.

In case you are looking for diesel, then figo titanium diesel is a great buy for just 7lac with all the features. I didn't had diesel in my mind, else my choice would have been figo given that honda have no diesel options.
Hi Jhonson Thomas,
Thanks for your detailed Reply...I still have some doubts regarding Service Cost of these two Cars, when exactly do we need to go for Service and what exactly Service is all about? And what is the Difference between Minor and Major Service? Can you please eloborate these things?

Thanks
Sai.

REgarding Brio the servive interval is:
1st service -- 1000kms or one month (whichever is earlier)
2nd service -- 10000kms or six months
3rd service --- 20000kms I guess ..... need to check manual
First two are free services ad wouldn't cost you anything, unless you plan to go for some add-ons.
Service is just normal period checking. Oil change only after 10k kms i guess
Paid servicing will cost you a few bucks. You can get the service cost list from the dealer service centre.
Swift service interval is also similar i guess, or you can check with the dealer.

Hi Friends,
I am from AP and i want use my vehicle(AP Registration) in karnataka. is there any essentional things which i need to be done> ..please provide some information..

Regards,
Sai

Hi. Friends,

Please help in choosing Hyundai i 10 Magna vs Honda Brio-EMT. my budget is very tight cant stretch more.
Please let me know does Brio gives 15km mileage in Gurgaon ?? Should i consider I 10 .
Does Brio A/C is effective for North climate.

I would like to buy this during Diwali.

Vijay

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Bottom