Honda Brio SMT - Love Conquers All

Thread Starter #1
The wait was 6 months long. But it was well worth it. Love Conquered All ..& the BRIO cheerfully became a part of my family. 6th April 2012, it was.

* Driving the BRIO is an absolute joy. The steering is soo smooth that most of the times you feel as if you are driving one of the li’l cars they have on the dashing cars ride at amusement parks.
* The quality of the interiors is noteworthy for a 5Lakh rupee hatchback. The finishing, the plastic used and the seat fabric show no trace of cost-cutting whatsoever. I found that really impressive.
* The car is super-silent at idle .. so much that a couple of times I hit the ignition without realising (gotta b really careful).
* The glass hatch, which might be a point of apprehension to most buyers, is quite tough and thick.
* The front and rear seats have quite generous leg space. The boot is 175ltrs, but adequate when you are packing for short trips. Can’t really complain.
* The AC is a real chiller. Yep, if the car is stationed under the sun for a few hours, the AC takes a li’l time to show its prowess, but once its at work, blower at speed 1 is highly sufficient.

Overall, for the hatchback segment and the on-road price, the vehicle is a total VFM package.

Love the Steering & the super-light controls. Love the manoeuvrability. Love the suavity. Love the elegance.

& it Loves me back [:)]

Dealer : Solitaire Honda
Car Model : SMT
Color : Rallye Red
On-Road Price : 5.19 L

Attachments

Congrats santoclauz for the red Brio.I guess its the third Brio in TAI.Honda engine are famous for its being quite.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
congratz for the new car. brio looks really good in red[;)]

and the ignition part. mostly all new car's engine are silent. and i have done the same thing in my i10 as well [lol] engine was running and i turned the key.

irritating sounds come from the engine[:D]

anyways congratz and do tell us about all the features you loved , any feature you wanted to have in this car , the average you are getting.

Congrat's man She is a beauty, was the seat cover OEM or you bought it as an accessory the fit and quality look's excellent.

Thread Starter #5
Congrat's man She is a beauty, was the seat cover OEM or you bought it as an accessory the fit and quality look's excellent.
Thanks Visran :)

The Honda guys wont even give floor mats for free. I think they had quoted 5.5k for the seat covers. After enquiring in a few car accessories' shops and getting suggestions from a few close pals, I finally got the covers tailor-made from a known dealer for 5k.

Guess it's always better to find rates from 3-4 different places before settling for one. Gives you a fair idea about the difference in pricing. Then you can go ahead with the economical option, without compromising on the quality, obviously.

Thread Starter #6
congratz for the new car. brio looks really good in red

and the ignition part. mostly all new car's engine are silent. and i have done the same thing in my i10 as well [lol] engine was running and i turned the key.

irritating sounds come from the engine

anyways congratz and do tell us about all the features you loved , any feature you wanted to have in this car , the average you are getting.
Lol yeah, the engine makes a real irritating sound when you turn the key the wrong way [;)]

As I said, it's a sheer pleasure to drive the car mainly because of its smooth steering and slick gear-shift.

A rear defogger would have been helpful and so would have been a slightly bigger boot. Could also have done with electronically adjustable ORVMs (only available in the VMT).

But all said and done, when you look at the bigger picture and all the pros, you tend to overlook these trivial cons (if I may call them so).

350Z

Core Team
Nicely written short review. Congrats for Brio. For a moment, I could not take my eyes off from the second last photograph. She looks so cute and compact. An ideal city hatchback for sure. You have also quite tastefully accessorized it. Quality and fitting of seat covers is fantastic. How about writing a detailed experience along with more images? :smile:

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #8
Nicely written short review. Congrats for Brio. For a moment, I could not take my eyes off from the second last photograph. She looks so cute and compact. An ideal city hatchback for sure. You have also quite tastefully accessorized it. Quality and fitting of seat covers is fantastic. How about writing a detailed experience along with more images? :smile:

Drive Safe,
350Z
Thank You, 350Z.

Compact, yeah! In a room full of Labradors & Alsatians, a Pug surely comes as a pleasure [;)]

I promise to write a detailed experience gradually as the "L" sign starts to fade away. This is my very first driving experience. Tho riding a bike for 7 years helped in anticipating the traffic and the indisciplined drivers, it aint the same in terms of judgement.

Used to sporadically drive my friend's Tata Estate some 5-6 years back. But that car was like a battle tank and automatically got the right of way ..more from the cabs and autos. Not the case with the "good boy" BRIO : )

Last edited:

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
yeah you have to be careful while driving [:)]

god forbid , but if someone puts a dent in your car ( its going to happen someday) please remain calm and do not indulge in a fight.

mostly , people having new car creates a big scene even on a small dent. so just a reminder [:)] no offence.

and post some pics of the boot as well. i haven't seen the boot of the car[:D]

Thread Starter #11
Congrats welcome to the Honda family
Thanks Jazzy.

Just saw that even you own a BRIO ..& the first to post a well-written comprehensive ownership review here. [:)] Congrats to you too!!

After ticking past 380kms, the car's giving me a FE of 12.1

yeah you have to be careful while driving

god forbid , but if someone puts a dent in your car ( its going to happen someday) please remain calm and do not indulge in a fight.

mostly , people having new car creates a big scene even on a small dent. so just a reminder, no offence.

and post some pics of the boot as well. i haven't seen the boot of the car
Road-rage is at its best in Mumbai. & everywhere for that matter : ) bumper to bumper traffic, autos and cabbies, speeding dumpers and lady drivers. its like driving through a labyrinth of chaos [;)]

Will post a few pics of the boot soon. Meanwhile, Jazzy and Sudeep have posted quite a few detailed pics, incase you wanna take a quick glance.

& yeah, FE after 380kms and first service is 12.1 (in the city).

Last edited by a moderator:

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Thanks Jazzy.

Just saw that even you own a BRIO ..& the first to post a well-written comprehensive ownership review here. [:)] Congrats to you too!!

After ticking past 380kms, the car's giving me a FE of 12.1

Road-rage is at its best in Mumbai. & everywhere for that matter : ) bumper to bumper traffic, autos and cabbies, speeding dumpers and lady drivers. its like driving through a labyrinth of chaos

Will post a few pics of the boot soon. Meanwhile, Jazzy and Sudeep have posted quite a few detailed pics, incase you wanna take a quick glance.

& yeah, FE after 380kms and first service is 12.1 (in the city).
seriously can't even imagine the cases of road rage :\

i wasn't active in any of the previous threads so thats why i asked you to upload more pics [:D]

and thats a good fe you are getting.

Hi Santaclauz,
Can you tell me if you experimented with the tyre pressure ?? the 29/26 seems to be low for me ... i wanted to experiment the same, waiting next time when i enter petrol bunk..

Hey Santosh,

Nice to see your ownership thread.. And the car is looking gorgeous in red !!
Welcome to the Honda Family.

I would advise you to put the side protectors & front corner protector at least. These will save your car's door from many unwanted scratches, and I feel our Brio's front bumpers are a bit edgy in the, so the corner protector would help.
Hearty congrats & wish you clock many happy miles.
Cheers!!

Top Bottom