Honda Brio Safety Features?

Thread Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Iam from chennai and this is my first car. iam looking to buy the one with ABS and air bags. We are 2 Adults with a 4 year old kid. I did a TD of Brio and liked it a lot. What iam worried is Brio does not have a rear washer.
So when it is raining heavily will be tough to drive a car without rear washer ? Also the small boot space in Brio. My Kid will be sitting in the back seat
and how safe it is , with the all glass trunk door. I checked it. It is very strong, but in case of a worst case where the rear glass /trunk breaks completely will it fall on the occupants of the rear seat ? since the boot is very narrow. Brio owners can you please confirm me. Otherwise we love this car and would like to book it. Also is it possible to put a child seat in the rear.

Or is Ford figo top model will be a better safe car from the rear end view coz of the bigger boot. Please share your views. thanks

Re: Honda Brio safety features.

Well I own a Brio & have spoken about this thing in my thread before. Whenever I have to brake hard at a signal I instinctively look behind to see if any bus/truck is there, if so I increase my braking distance to give the bigger vehicle some leeway in case he brakes late. So if you ask me, yes it is a worry but one will live through it (hopefully). I'm sure all relevant crash testings have been done by Honda regarding this. Im not sure about the child seat though....Figo being an American car should be heavier & sturdier...

I second Jazzy, Figo is stronger built vehicle with great boot space. If you're looking for Diesel, its a good option. But Issue with patrol figo is its mileage which i heard is around 10-11 moreover costly spare parts is another issue.

hello chinthamani, Welcome to TAI
If you are concerned about the safety of rear seat in Honda Brio I would reccomend you to try the Honda Jazz Base if you want to stick with Honda. It will offer you rear wiper too. ABS and Airbags will be standard.
Regarding the less number of Ford Figo petrols in the road the reason is that the diesel variant is so good and is placed more VFM than petrol variants( the mileage issues and petrol prices too added to the low sales of petrol variants).
If you are interested in diesel go for Ford Figo Diesel Titanium.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #5

@Jazzy, thanks a lot for the inputs . I am confident that Honda would have done proper rear crash testing. But worry is about the Glass tail gate breaking and falling inside the head of a little occupant. coz if you see the glass tail gate kind of ending on top of the head of the occupant,very close ,coz of the small narrow boot. I think naveen or vishnu replied in another thread that it may not happen, May be Iam paranoid :-(
@naveen, thanks Naveen but I heard Ford recently reduced the spare parts price.
@vishnu, thanks. But when I spoke to the sales agent he said Honda Jazz has a big waiting period like 3-4 months ,because they have to clear the backlog.

@Jazzy, thanks a lot for the inputs . I am confident that Honda would have done proper rear crash testing. But worry is about the Glass tail gate breaking and falling inside the head of a little occupant. coz if you see the glass tail gate kind of ending on top of the head of the occupant,very close ,coz of the small narrow boot. I think naveen or vishnu replied in another thread that it may not happen, May be Iam paranoid :-(
@naveen, thanks Naveen but I heard Ford recently reduced the spare parts price.
@vishnu, thanks. But when I spoke to the sales agent he said Honda Jazz has a big waiting period like 3-4 months ,because they have to clear the backlog.
I don't think that much waiting period is there on Jazz. When did you inquire, one of my team mates too was inquiring about it, waiting period shouldn't be more than a month.
I will advice you to talk to other dealers in your area.

Waiting period for Jazz was on the higher side. As we all know it was due to the natural calamities.
But the latest sales figures of Honda Brio and Jazz reveals the production of the cars to be gaining normalcy.
Try talking with different dealers regarding the waiting period if you are interested in Honda Jazz .
I feel 3-4 months waiting period to be comparatively low for Jazz since I know people who waited for 8 months to get their Jazz
Please refer this thread if you are interested in Jazz .It may help you.
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...ew-honda-jazz-2011-launched-killer-price.html

Last edited:

Top Bottom