Honda Brio S(O) Petrol OR Maruti Ritz VDi Diesel?

As per the above calculation, what I feel is that, there is a 2114 rs difference a month for diesel. For 70k, you pay around 1500 per month as interest(for a 5 year loan). Rest, you can save.

Maruti Ritz diesel can be termed 'a practical Swift'. If you are concerned about the running cost and the fuel bills stick with diesel. The Facelifted Ritz is going to be launched soon.
Honda Brio will get you many features more than what Ritz Diesel VDi may offer. ABS, Airbags that Brio offers makes it a VFM car.
When you compare Ritz VDi and Brio and their price consider the fact that Ritz is a diesel hatch and the other is petrol. Its better to compare Ritz ZXi with Honda Brio S(O)MT
I would advice you to first decide whether to go for petrol or diesel.
If you city drive is on the higher side and if you are concerned about your fuel bills go for diesel. But at the same time if you are ready to live with the heavy fuel costs go for petrol.
After all considering your monthly run my suggession is to go for diesel( Car's EMI + Fuel Bills=Bigger Burden; conditional budget is constraint)
Do wait for the new Ritz or consider other hatches such as Ford Figo , Toyota Liva etc which are close competors of Ritz diesel

Last edited:
Hello TAIans,

I am planning to buy my first car and shortlisted Honda Brio S(O)MT and Maruti Ritz VDi. Yes, I am caught in a dilemma whether to go for a diesel or a petrol hatch!! Increasing petrol prices inclining me towards a diesel car as the running cost will be very cheap compared to the petrol one. However, initial cost & maintenance of a diesel vehicle is substantially higher. I am not an experienced driver and my average usage would be somewhere around 600-700 kms/month. I am taking max available loan for a period of 5 years to purchase the vehicle. So please do suggest me which one should I go for? Also please advice how is the maintenance of Brio?

Thanks in advance..[:)]
Considering your low running cost i would suggest you a petrol car and considering the given choice by you i suggest you to go for Honda Brio as Honda petrol engines are unmatchable (in my personal opinion).

Please have a look at this chart which surely will give you better idea as investing in diesel fuel variant with low monthly run is not a good option as it takes longer to recover paid diesel engine premium due to low monthly run.

breakeven.JPG

Break even and saving sheet:

Honda Brio vs MS Ritz

I am planning to buy a car and i am narrowed down to honda brio smt and ritz vxi. Took a tedt drive of both the cars. Honda brio is amazing car. It is fun to drive car having legendary ivtec engine. It has smoothest steering in its class. On the other hand Ritz is more practical car and it shares its engine with swift. considering space Ritz is 100mm bigger and 120mm taller but hate the looks of Ritz.
considering ASS, maintenance cost, mileage and fun to drive factor which one would be better choice.

Top Bottom