Honda Brio Problems & Solutions

Thread Starter #1
Hello TAI Members [:)]

I thought let's have a common forum to discuss about our beloved BRio irrespective of variants we own. Here we can discuss about the problems, solutions for our brIO. It will not only help BRIO owners but also the new aspiring buyers tooo..

So guys let's start!!

II How is your BRIO doing[clap]II

Thread Starter #2
Today for the first time i have taken my brio in full bangalore traffic on my way to office and was very fearful however i know fear will go away only through more and more driving[:)]

I faced one problem. During the drive i forgot to release the hand brake and only realized after some time through visual indicator on the console, by the time i had already covered some distance.

My query is even with hand brake ON how i was able to move the car? How does it effect the performance of CAR.

In between i have crossed 100 Km on my brio[clap]. Big achievement for me as i am beginner and still learning.

Thread Starter #4
I hardly drove 50-100 meters with hand brake engaged, should not have caused any problem as per the link.

Will try in future not to repeat the same mistake.[:)]

@Manish , even i did the same mistake on the first day , took reverse and drove for 30 mtrs before Hand brake light popped up , stopped car removed hand brake and drove away . i am worried about the tyres , it makes loud noise some time , sound of flat tyre , once i stopped to check the tyres wondering if i had a flat one only to find every thing ok , i guess MRF is not up too mark , what about you guys ??

Thread Starter #6
Not noticed flat Tyre noise problem, may be because of high traffic noise. Will update on this[:)].

@Manish , even i did the same mistake on the first day , took reverse and drove for 30 mtrs before Hand brake light popped up , stopped car removed hand brake and drove away . i am worried about the tyres , it makes loud noise some time , sound of flat tyre , once i stopped to check the tyres wondering if i had a flat one only to find every thing ok , i guess MRF is not up too mark , what about you guys ??

I too did same mistake of driving with hand break on for 20-30 mtrs.
BTW I face visibility issue with Brio mainly front left side, as Brio does not come with Driver seat adjustment so can’t do anything with driver seat height setting. Any of you face this issue? If so, how you overcome it, apart from using a small cushion on seat. Can service guys of Honda adjust Driver seat height?

Thread Starter #8
Not faced any issue regarding height, in fact in my case i want seat to be slightly lower. will check up at the time of first service [:)] and let you know.

BTW I face visibility issue with Brio mainly front left side, as Brio does not come with Driver seat adjustment so can’t do anything with driver seat height setting. Any of you face this issue? If so, how you overcome it, apart from using a small cushion on seat. Can service guys of Honda adjust Driver seat height?

I am 5.7 but some time even i am not able to judge frontal space between vehicles , but never faced any issues regarding left side visibility , Brio has no blind spot like Swift, i recently took Ritz of my friends even it faces same issue of frontal visibility , but Beat does not have such issue , but same friend who took my car for ride claimed it will come with experience , so relax and have fun .

hiiiiiii
Have other Brio owners faced similar problems or is it specific to your car? If so, Honda's reputation for quality, reliable and fuel efficient car.

Last edited by a moderator:
The problem which i've encountered with is "foul smell from ac after cold start, which fades away after 2-3 mins". Had checked with the HASS, said its condensation formation and are commonly seen across all cars [shock]. Anyways, my 3rd service is due in a couple of months, and planning to get it checked thoroughly and find a proper solution to it then.

Any other Brio owners who have faced this issue? [thinking]

With the parking-brake engaged brio warns the driver with a buzzer as well as visually with a LED on the console. I found the sound to be more than enough to alert me when I have engaged the parking brakes.

Regarding the "foul smell from ac" - I don’t smell anything bad on my car! It is always fresh inside!

Tires:- I had to up-size the wheel of my car one inch higher. I have a 15-inch HKS Alloys and Conti rubber on it. The grip is fabulous but the noise exists at irregular surfaces but not the flat tire noise. Up-sizing resulted in significance improvement of cornering, braking and handling!

Last edited:
@Farzaan: Yes I too noticed "foul smell from ac" couple of times. This smell lasts only for a minute or two.

As we are discussing Brio Problems & Solutions, I see one practical problem with respect to tyre pressure. Honda recommends 26 PSI in all 4 tyres, however others manufactures in this segments recommend 30 odd PSI. I observed that in majority of filling stations the person filling air by default sets pressure at 32 and starts his work, until and unless you tell him. So every time you need to be observant and inform the other person about desired setting. BTW I am not maintaining tyre pressure as mentioned by Honda [:)]. I keep it as 29 all tyres or 30 front and 29 back.

Anyone knows why recommended tyre pressure is so low? Any technical reason?

Thread Starter #15
No idea why such low air pressure recommended by HONDA. I have a query regarding blower. Does using blower will also affect the power of CAR like with the use of AC. I know it's a silly question but i am new to car [;)]

@Farzaan: Yes I too noticed "foul smell from ac" couple of times. This smell lasts only for a minute or two.

As we are discussing Brio Problems & Solutions, I see one practical problem with respect to tyre pressure. Honda recommends 26 PSI in all 4 tyres, however others manufactures in this segments recommend 30 odd PSI. I observed that in majority of filling stations the person filling air by default sets pressure at 32 and starts his work, until and unless you tell him. So every time you need to be observant and inform the other person about desired setting. BTW I am not maintaining tyre pressure as mentioned by Honda [:)]. I keep it as 29 all tyres or 30 front and 29 back.

Anyone knows why recommended tyre pressure is so low? Any technical reason?

Top Bottom