Honda Brio: Hard Suspension & Noise on Irregular Roads

Thread Starter #1
Hi All,
this query is regarding an issue which I have noticed in my Brio. I feel that the suspension has become a little hard and noisy. Is there anything like Suspension overhaul or check to be made during the regular service? The vehicle is 2012 model Brio with odo reading 38000 kms and the only mod I changed was changing the width of the tire from 175 to 185. Also, i drove my colleague's brio which has clocked 49000kms and 2014 variant and felt the ride much smoother.
Is there anything that needs to be inspected? And the authorized service center person told the suspensions are fine. Can anybody share their experience and insight on this similar issue?

What tyres brand, specs is it ? Only thing you can do is play with the psi settings. Keep it little low than normal. I drive it very slowly on pot holes, speed brakers. Better quality shocks than OEM probably is the solution but only an experienced mechanic can tell.

I have seen lots of Brio, Amaze with 185/65 R14. Some people even go for 15inch and low profile tyres. I do not think it is due to tyres. You should go for test drive with the advisor, mechanic to prove that there is more noise than usual. Full suspension overhaul should be 25K but may be rear suspension should be enough rather than changing everything.

Yes 175/65 R14. I read an article where it says till 2% it is fine. 185/65 R14 is 2.2 and will increase sidewall, GC little bit. I think that is why it is popular upsize. 185/60 R14 is it is -1.3 but the GC and sidewall will get lowered than the stock setup.
Tyre Size Calculator

I am not sure about that I have seen lot of people upsize their tyre to that size. This is 185/60 R15 on old amaze. I like the alloys but this is not recommended either. I wonder how this would affect especially on speed bumps and broken roads. Little too close to wheel archer but looked nice

Attachments

Hi. I am also facing similar problems with Honda brio on bad roads. Heard that arc shock absorber is good. Can anyone please share feedback on the same.

Top Bottom