Honda Brio Diesel Launch Likely in 2017 (Details: Pg.3)

Re: Surprise! Honda Might Unveil Brio Diesel in End-2012

I guess we are going off-topic.

Well, the petrol versions of brio cost 3.99-5.21L (ex-showroom). So talking about the price. I agree that the high versions are a bit pricey. But regarding the base model or middle option. I find it just reasonable. If they price the diesel vehicles from 4.5-6L (ex-showroom). Then I am sure that brio would steal the competition!

the Europeans have mastered that and none of the Japs can come close to that.
I agree to that. The Japanese can't reach the Europeans.
And don't compare the Jetta, Laura etc to a Jazz. Its completely different segment.
The car which has got excellent handling in that segment in my knowledge is Punto.

Last edited:
Honda Brio DIESEL caught testing

Honda is coming up with Diesel engine for its car lines starting from Brio.

There have been confirmation from many sources as well, like Gaadi .com , Zigwheels , indiancarsbikes.in, etc..

Honda's new diesel engine unveiled| Zigwheels.com

So, Honda actually begins testing a Brio Diesel in India? | IndianCarsBikes.in

http://www.indiancarsbikes.in/cars/...ting-a-brio-diesel-in-india-59422/#more-59422

Wat say guys.. good move from Honda atleast now.. wud love to see Jazz and City with diesel mills...

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Honda Brio DIESEL caught testing

I am sure Honda pricing wont be competitive. As it is the petrol ones from Honda are quite expensive. Yes they have excellent quality control. Would be nice to see Honda City in diesel. I dont think they are going to rule the diesel segment.

The info which I got from Pune dealer, Deccan Honda is there is no scope of diesel Honda before mid 2013.

Now a days diesel car more on demands due to petrol prices hike,if Honda would be able to launch Honda Brio Diesel in the Indian Market by Diwali it would be the first Honda diesel car in Indian Market.

Last edited:

Honda must equip Jazz with a diesel heart. It will gain a good number of customers. If Honda launches Brio diesel its going to be a severe blow for Beat diesel. Honda Brio and Jazz are perfect looking stylish hatchbacks. Once they get a diesel heart Honda will have a nice time ahead.

Honda India Says No To Brio Diesel

Honda Cars India won’t be launching a diesel variant of the Brio hatchback anytime soon what with the CEO of the company Mr Hironori Kanayama stating that plans for a Brio Diesel don’t exist at the moment. Interestingly, Honda was first spotted testing a turbo diesel engine in India on a Brio hatchback. The Brio Diesel test mules were even caught on video. However, the first turbo diesel powered car for the Indian market was the Honda Amaze, a compact sedan version of the Brio, based on the latter’s platform.

The Amaze is powered by a 1.5 liter i-DTEC diesel engine equipped with a fixed geometry turbocharger. The same engine also does duty on the recently launched 2014 City sedan. Apart from the Amaze and the City sedans, this engine will also find use in upcoming Honda cars such as the Mobilio MPV (mid-end 2014 launch) and the Jazz B+ segment hatchback(early 2015 launch). The all-aluminium diesel engine is a light weight unit that is known for its strong performance and stellar fuel efficiency.

The downside is the amount of noise that this oil burner makes due to its all aluminium construction. The engine is heavily localized and built at Honda’s diesel engine manufacturing unit at Tapukara, Rajasthan. From an enthusiast’s point of view, the Brio with the 1.5 liter i-DTEC diesel motor (98.6 Bhp-200 Nm) would have made an ideal pocket rocket given its low kerb weight and compact dimensions. Why, the car could even have been Honda’s entry into the exciting diesel hot hatchback segment which currently plays host to the Volkswagen Polo 1.6 GT TDI.

Alas, things are not to be given Honda’s focus on the mass market rather than pandering to the desires to a motley bunch of car nuts. Enthusiasts for the part will have to take the nostalgia trip, modifying the fourth generation Honda City VTEC sedans.

Source: Honda Cars India says no to Brio Diesel Hatchback Car | Cartoq - Honest Car Advice

Mods please merge to the suitable thread if its already existing

Re: Honda Cars India says no to Brio Diesel

That is bad news for people who are looking for a diesel mill in this segment.

Hope Honda brings some VFM product for this segment in the next 2 years.

Re: Honda Car India Says No To Brio Diesel!

I think its correct decision only. If they launch at this time it would cannibalize Amaze sales which they definitely dont want. Better they launch new Jazz diesel.

Re: Honda Car India Says No To Brio Diesel!

Next gen Honda Brio to get 1.2L 3-cyl diesel engine; Expected in 2017
The 1.2-liter diesel engine will not be a new engine, rather it will be a downsized version of the current four-cylinder 1.5-liter Earth Dreams unit which powers the City, Amaze and Mobilio. In essence it would be the 1.5-liter with one cylinder less. This would not only keep costs in check, but could also help to achieve a high fuel efficiency figure.
Next gen Honda Brio to get 1.2L 3-cyl diesel engine

Top Bottom