Honda Brio Diesel Launch Likely in 2017 (Details: Pg.3)

Re: Surprise! Honda Might Unveil Brio Diesel in End-2012

Yes thanks for the prices jihu123. For the same price one can get a good diesel hatch or sedan. That is what makes me think how Honda is going to manage to keep the prices affordable.

Well cooldhaya, talking about the price. Just leave the i-DTEC engine.
Now itself the price is high when compared to other petrol cars. But still the sales are not all that bad. It means that despite being priced high, people buy honda.
So why can't the same happen in diesel engines too? If the petrol cars have good sales, then there would be more sales for the diesel car.

Well i hope you are not aware of the sales figures of Honda in recent months. Honda has lost the game , people are getting more sensible and they are not willing to buy a high priced petrol when they can get a diesel for the same price. According to you City must be the segment leader but it's no longer the king , Vento and Verna have taken over due to their sensible pricing.

Hmm. I don't know about the sales figure but I have seen a lot of them on the roads (err, I haven't seen any new ones I suppose other than brio). As you said, Verna & Vento are more nowadays instead of city. That must be mainly because City has become a bit old model. The other vehicles are new.
Like you said, people have become sensible but there are people who still love Honda. So there lies a chance!

Honda sold a mere 1700 odd units including all their cars , this itself should explain! And i don't agree that City is old model and Vento and Verna are new to the market. City recently made a facelift and added few more features and launched a corporate edition but still that couldn't help. They badly need a diesel engine and i hope they price it well.

Yes of course Honda lovers will always love Honda no matter what! Neutrals like me find it hard to digest their price!

They surely can't price it under the petrol version [lol]. Expect 80k-100k increase in the price.
Frankly speaking, only upper middle class or rich people owns a Honda. Not everyone but most. Honda is a premium brand.

Who said Honda cars are overpriced today(excluding accord and crv).
For rs 7.73 lakhs on road in Kannur I can get 2012 Honda City Corporate edition.It has dual airbags and even abs.It has a 118ps engine that is the quickest(in terms of 0-100) and is quiet efficient as well.

Take the case brio,When you compare it with i10 kapp2 it doesn't feel overpriced at all.

I have seen a lot new Honda City s in my town and even one of my neighbour has bought a v model(in 2011) and one of my relative has taken delivery of 2012 Honda city corporate edition.If you say 2012 Honda City is overpriced,then what will you say for the pricing of the new fiesta.

Actually i am bit shocked after seeing the price list , has Honda reduced their prices big time or what??[surprise]

But still i have a little feeling Honda will end up pricing their diesel variants atleast 50-75k higher than the competition.

Buddy let's not start the performance debate again shall we. A Vento or a Verna can deliver similar 0-100 timings , maybe only a second slower. City may have the power but these diesels have the torque advantage.

And let's not take the on road prices for comparison and dealer discounts to clear the stocks shall we. You may get it in Kannur for 7.7Lakhs but here in Chennai i may get it for 8Lakhs which makes it a bit pricey.

And let's not take the on road prices for comparison and dealer discounts to clear the stocks shall we. You may get it in Kannur for 7.7Lakhs but here in Chennai i may get it for 8Lakhs which makes it a bit pricey.
Cool dhaya c'mon.This is without discount.You are saying vento and verna has better torque.I completely agree and I also want admit that they are very very frugal.But i'm asking you,can we get a petrol sedan which has that much power at that price with air bag and abs or can you tell me a diesel sedan with/without airbags and abs for 8L.

I do feel the the higher variants of 2012 Honda city is a bit overpriced.

Frankly speaking, only upper middle class or rich people owns a Honda. Not everyone but most. Honda is a premium brand.
I think VW is considered as a premium brand and they are asking for it.Don't you feel like that?

Last edited:

Now finally Honda is waking up, it's never too late hope this move will benefit them help them to regain some more ground in Indian automobile market. I think we can foresee the launch of Honda city diesel version in near future.

Guys lets get one thing straight. we aren't seeing new Honda vehicles because of the thai floods. so one will see a plethora of brios jazzs n new city too from April onwards. Coming to prices after the price cuts Honda has tackled the issue somewhat. moreover Honda consciously will never go into a entry level segment with sub 4lac pricing because they would like to hold on to their core brand values . which car manufacturer today offers abs with ebd n airbag in their base model? Its always a margin game for them, never a volume game .

Cheers

Jazzy

The info which I have is the first diesel in Honda will be launched in Accord & CRV followed by Civic & then city. This will not be done before 2013 though.
I doubt whether BRio will come in diesel soon, maybe Jazz but brio [confused].

I think VW is considered as a premium brand and they are asking for it.Don't you feel like that?
Ofcourse yes, they are never too back. But when compared to Honda, the prices of the vehicles are slightly cheaper I guess. But the accessories are expensive.

I do feel the the higher variants of 2012 Honda city is a bit overpriced
I agree with this statement. The higher variants are a bit overpriced but the corporate editions. I didn't really know that it had airbags & abs for 7.7L. That's cool!

I agree Honda's are refined , look premium and awesome but handling benchmark??!! I mean seriously?? Then haven't you driven the VW'S , Fiat's , Ford's and Skoda's till now?

Mods sorry for the OT.
I have a VW polo with me. But given for the size of a Jazz, that car has very good handling on the highway. VW polo, Swift and Jazz all of them impresses me very much driving them on the Highway. Braking of Jazz is far more superior as compared other 2. Emergency Lane change is quite precise... Only draw back I see there is a lack of Diesel option...

Last edited:

This was not car specific buddy. You said all Honda's are handling benchmark , they are not and at the same time all Europeans are not great handlers. Did i say Honda's are bad handlers , don't twist my posts.

Don't take Polo , it's their baby product and it was not built to race. Drive a Punto , then you will know what handling is. Still not convinced , drive a Passat , Superb , Laura or Jetta you will know what i mean.

And BTW braking and emergency lane changes does not fall into handling. Then by your statement even Safari or Scorpio is a great handler. By handling generally people refer to the ride quality , steering feel and input , stability and composure at high speed. A good handler means you should chuck around a corner without even touching the brakes , the Europeans have mastered that and none of the Japs can come close to that.

Top Bottom