Honda Brio AT launched at Rs.5.74 lacs

350Z

Core Team
Re: Honda's New Small Car for India is Brio

Good move by Honda to bring Brio A/T,but can't help myself in asking,"Is it all too late for Honda??!!"
It’s never too late. Automatic transmission in Brio is a welcome addition. Meanwhile Honda prepares for Diesel engines; this is a good segment to capture even though it does not assure the volumes. Finally, the buyers will have something new to choose than just the repeated options (Maruti A-Star and Hyundai i10).

Drive Safe,
350Z

Good move by Honda to bring Brio A/T,but can't help myself in asking,"Is it all too late for Honda??!!"
I get a feeling that Sriram's reluctance to invest was a millstone around Honda's neck. Once things were sorted out on this front Honda became far more aggressive. After all nobody can really afford to ignore the Indian market.

I get a feeling that Sriram's reluctance to invest was a millstone around Honda's neck. Once things were sorted out on this front Honda became far more aggressive. After all nobody can really afford to ignore the Indian market.
Fiat can !
Apology for OT ,I coulnt keep such an interesting fact to myself.

The AStar is a segment below but has a proper 4-speed. I was shocked to see the DZire At with a 3+1 only.

The AStar is small and more important a three potter! The Brio (even the E) is a couple of segments higher. Also, Honda maintenance is much cheaper. You may not beleive it but my Civic AT is cheaper to service than the old Accent was. The reason is the dealers penchant to add this and that. The worst was that they put in some 40 odd for a battery terminal spray, when I had myself replaced the battery with a new one, with petroleum jelly properly smeared. I missed this at the time of payment else would have raised hell.
Actually I want to know does brio at will be better then astar .

Your question is not clear to me.

When it comes to sheer technology of any kind then there's no beating a Honda by any means.Just compare City A/T with SX4 A/T and you'll get the answer of your question-:)
I agree. Also, the Japanese and Koreans are far more reliable that the Europeans. Honda service in most cities will run rings around Maruti service. Of course there will be exceptions both ways.

I think it is not too late for automatic transmissions in smaller cars. I have seen many A-Star in Mumbai driven by Lady. And I am sure 90% of those would be automatic. My wife also many times tells me, automatic is so easy to drive, should have one in future.
And if you see today's generation, equal or more amount of Girls are doing job as well, and if they need vehicle, of course their choice would be simple to drive and obvious options would be like.

1. i10 AT
  2. Brio AT
  3. AStar AT
  4. Nano (non AT will do as well, but AT will be most welcomed)

Easy to drive and easy to park. [:D]

Looks wise yes [:D]. Don't much technical details of both. But I personally expecting the Brio AT to be better than A-star.

Please Note: My reply is subjective to what I have seen in Mumbai, where girls including my wife is more inclined towards Nano and smaller car.

Last edited:

1. i10 AT
  2. Brio AT
  3. AStar AT
  4. Nano (non AT will do as well, but AT will be most welcomed)
I will push the i10 just above the nano. Pathetic 3+1 dinosaur of an AT, and thirsty. I doubt the Nano will have the power to support an AT.

I will push the i10 just above the nano. Pathetic 3+1 dinosaur of an AT, and thirsty. I doubt the Nano will have the power to support an AT.
Sorry for the confusion, the cars listed are not according to the priority, it is only just for the purpose of listing them out. [embarass]

Honda Brio AT Coming Very Soon

It seems that the Honda Brio AT is coming latest by mid October. All three variants will be available. The pricing looks 'killer' the V AT will be around 5.75 lacs ex showroom in Delhi. . The box looks like a 4-speed CVT (or rather a CVT with four presets). I guess the i20 which was in the ICU can now be buried. By the looks of it Honda are targeting the i10AT with the much inferior 3+1 box.

I hear that one vehicle each is already with dealerships in the State Capitals since apparently approval from the RTO is required for each state (thankfully not town!).

Obviously after the break with SIEL Honda are getting aggressive,

Last edited by a moderator:

Your question is not clear to me.
what i mean is that Astar has good accerlation in low rpm but in mid and high it totally loss performance if i had to overtake car on highway i have to lot of hardwork to make it move even after that it still feel completely lost

The fact that the iVTEC has low torque at low rpms should be taken car of by the ECU program for the AT. The Brio is 88bhp while the puny three potter of the AStar is 40 odd. The weight ratio is not 2:1 so the rest is obvious. Also, a CVT is less lossy than a normal AT.

Let the Brio AT come and do a test drive!

The fact that the iVTEC has low torque at low rpms should be taken car of by the ECU program for the AT. The Brio is 88bhp while the puny three potter of the AStar is 40 odd. The weight ratio is not 2:1 so the rest is obvious. Also, a CVT is less lossy than a normal AT.

Let the Brio AT come and do a test drive!
will do seeing its better then astar can't wait

You are right about about AT, my dodge is still laying in garage for some electronics parts related to AT. Those have to arrive from USA.
AT systems are far too complex than manual ones and requires special maintenance which may be bit difficult and expensive in Indian environment.
AT's are fuel guzzlers too becuase of their lower effiviency.
Simply compare it with Honda Activa scooter which is 100cc (45kmpl max) to any manual or a 100cc bike.

Top Bottom