Honda Brio AT launched at Rs.5.74 lacs

So are we looking towards first Brio A/T owner of TAI(at least I hope so)?
I had a chat with the GM Sales of the local dealership today. They are still to get a unit. Yes, I did a lot of research incl. AT versions of i10, i20 and Dzire eCS. Was pertty disappointed with all. Then the grapevine put me on to the Brio AT in July. So that is what I am waiting for.

The AT is becoming popular since more cars, and multiple variants are being launched with the AT option. The utter chaos of our roads encourages this. Also, once the initial hesitation is removed many motorists go for an AT. Now by all accounts the Brio At may be a game changer, like the Civi / City AT was earlier.

Now with all indications towards reduction in the price differential between Diesel and Petrol they may become preferred. The reason that there are hardly any diesels with AT is that the primary AT markets for ATs (US etc) do not have much of a diesel market. So the diesel ATs have not been developed, though imho Diesel engines are the naturals for AT. Turbo lag, narrow power band will all be ideally suited.

The SA whom I know for a long time was non committal on the Brio AT. If I read in between what he said, its definitely not happening this month and probably not even this year.
A million coyotes cannot be wrong, or maybe we are Santa Claus.

Confirmed by the GM sales of the dealership, the motoring press, etc. Maybe the SA is living in a shell of his own. The diesel is not expected till 2013, so he could be confused between the two. Yesterday evening I got a cold marketing call from the local Honda dealership, and told the lady that I am only interested in the Brio V AT and than the GM Sales knows about it, her reaction was that she will get back to the boss. No questions asked. My last chat with the GM Sales was yesterday Lunchtime.

If what he says is true then why will they send units to dealers for RTO approval (there is one in Lucknow), in Chennai a member of GH has test driven the AT and posted pictures on the forum, Hormazd has reported in his tweet and in ACI with pictures, and so on? They had a motoring press test drive last week in Delhi!

Last edited:
I totally agree with you. The evidence that it would be launched this festive season is over whelming. Yes, probably the SA is sleeping in a shell of his own [sleep].

@chayan; Rumours about the Brio AT have been around since mid year. I had a chat with the GM-sales in July and after looking into the inside info he confirmed that it will definitely be coming in the festive season, could not be more definite at that time. Also on the oldest forum there is a thread on the Diesel where also there have been quite a few reports of the AT mules. Now they have separated a Brio AT thread.

Saw a report that the cars have started reaching the Dealer's stockyards. This was from Borivili (E), Mumbai. Mofussil places like Kanpur may be a few days later.

So @chayan you have your answer!

Last edited:
can't wait to TD it :) I have been waiting for good hatch with good AT if sgiitk then this might be the one only thing worried maintenance but being honda i hope it will be lowered

if sgiitk then this might be the one only thing worried maintenance but being honda i hope it will be lowered
Honda maintenance is surprisingly economical.They are also offering a two year service pack for about Rs.9.5k. I am pleasantly surprised that the maintenance of my Civic is less that its predecessor - Hyundai Accent!

In today's Autocar Show renuks did a brief road test and called it the best budget AT.

Expect the Brio saloon to be unveiled in Thailand next month.Unlike the Swift the wheelbase is also being lengthened. 1.5 Diesel Brio maybe delayed to late 2013 or early 2014 due to high level of localisation being planned.

In today's Autocar Show renuks did a brief road test and called it the best budget AT.
Not surprising at all.I think until VW can bring in a Polo DSG with 1.6 petrol/diesel,Brio A/T will pretty much remain the bechmark amongst the hatchbacks.

Talking about benchmarks the earlier benchmarks like SANTRO,i10,A-STAR A/T weren't really any benchmarks,lol.
Expect the Brio saloon to be unveiled in Thailand next month.Unlike the Swift the wheelbase is also being lengthened. 1.5 Diesel Brio maybe delayed to late 2013 or early 2014 due to high level of localisation being planned.
Brio based compact sedan with a 1.4/1.5 diesel mill is going to be a game-changer,what say?

Booked my Brio V AT yesterday. Urban Titanium in Honda-speak, Copper Brown to you and me. Delivery by the end of the month.

Top Bottom