Honda Amaze Now in CNG Version

Thread Starter #1
Honda has just announced the launch of the CNG ready variant of the Amaze which basically isn’t equipped with CNG option from the company but the vehicle is ready to get a CNG kit which can be fitted at the dealer level. It’s obvious that if you buy a CNG ready Amaze, you intend to put a CNG kit on the car. The price of the Honda Amaze CNG is Rs. 6.54 lakhs (ex-showroom, Delhi). The vehicle is offered in only one variant which is 1.2 S MT Plus, priced at Rs. 6.00 lakhs (ex-showroom, Delhi) plus Rs. 54,315/- for the CNG kit and its installation which will be done at the dealer level.
Source: Honda Launches CNG Ready Amaze, Priced At Rs. 6.54 Lakhs | MotorBeam – Indian Car Bike News & Reviews

This is awesome news. Honda was lagging behind due to lack of company fitted CNG car especially in the hatchback & entry level sedan segment. Maruti is offering CNG variant in its most of the cars. I believe price looks reasonable for company fitted CNG. ~54000 for company fitted CNG kit with warranty is I think reasonable. However I am not sure what type of kit honda will be fitting. If it will be sequential then I think its good price.

CNG is really good because it is clean fuel and cheper too. If government opens outlet as many as petrol pumps then I believe everybody will prefer CNG. Currently people avoids CNG fitment because one has to be wait in queue to fill the CNG. I believe technology in the CNG kit is evolved over a period of time. The latest sequential CNG kits are far better and with this type of kit you will feel little or no performance lag. I am using after market CNG on my honda city for more than 1 year, I have clocked ~15K Kms on CNG and I have no issue with that. If I don't say to anybody that my car is on CNG then I am damn sure nobody will recognize it. [:D] I am getting ~19 KM/Kg in city with 100% AC and ~23 Km/Kg on highway with 100% AC. Within one year I recovered the cost of CNG fitment now all the savings are bonus. [clap]

IMHO, Honda has made a good move by introducing CNG Variants in its cars along with warranty. I have a retro fitted a sequential CNG kit to my car from past 2 months and the running costs have drastically reduced. The car delivers 25 KM/KG in city condition that boils down to 1.94 RS/KM subject to CNG price of 48.50 Rs/KG in Surat. But my main worry remains as the car is now not covered under warranty[cry], as i have fitted my CNG kit from aftermarket. I think introducing CNG in S trim is very wise decision by HONDA, as the most preferable trim is the S TRIM in both Brio and Amaze.

Top Bottom