Honda Amaze Headlight Bulb Getting Fused Frequently

Thread Starter #1
Hi All,
I am facing problem in my Honda Amaze diesel 2015 model.

Couple of months back I realised that my headlight bulbs are getting fuse (stop working) in every 3-4 months.
So a Car accessories shop keeper suggested me to use relay, and installed lumax relay with 100/130W lumax bulb. Brightness was good so i liked it.
But now, in every 10-15 days relay bulb start getting fuse. Twice, I got bulb replacement and then shop keeper replaced the relay (same brand lumax). He told me that this time he has installed heavy relay (though i couldn't trust).
Now, again bulb again fused in 15 days, after replacement of another Lumax relay.

Can anybody suggest, What could be the reason?
During all these incident, relay fuse were not burnt out.
And bulb fused like over heated (there was burn sign inside bulb, once). But second time both bulb were fuse but no burn sign. In thrid incident, again there was burn sign inside bulb.

Anyone please suggest.

Thanks,
Ashvini

Thread Starter #3
Thanks for the response.
No. Both side of bulbs are getting fuse, one by one.
1st incident, one side fused. (Got replaced).
2nd incident, both side fused. (Got replaced).
Therefore, relay replaced this time, along with bulbs.
3rd incident, one side fused. and same story

Lumax relay, is this reliable brand?
Lumax bulb, might be a problem?
Or something else, I am not sure.
Assuming, fuse of relay should be blown before more power supply would reach bulb? But again I am not sure what could be the root cause.

I am afraid of trying another relay and bulb, it will cost me approx 1200/- and if I get same problem then it's like I messed up.

Are relay works fine with Honda Amaze? (2015 model).
I searched a lot on Google about every expect for any clue so that i can make some decision. But no luck.

Any help / suggestion will be appreciated.

I have doubt on alternator. With engine off, the voltage will be ~12.5v and when the engine is running, the voltage should not be more then 14.5v. Use multimeter and check the battery voltage.

Also don't touch the bulb filament with bare hands because oil stains and/or dirt cause uneven heat to filament.

IMO using high wattage bulbs (100/90w, 130/100w) is not safe because the headlight assembly is made of plastic (Unlike glass headlights of old cars) and it will melt or turn yellow overtime. Wires will burn or cause fire. So only use 60/55w bulbs or good LED bulbs or modify the headlights for HID projectors.

Thread Starter #5
CRACING
Thank you for your response. What you are saying make sense to me.
I have very limited knowledge, can you please suggest me?
LED bulb 60/55w will be possible? Any brand suggestion.
Hope this will improve visibility, if i am not wrong.

CRACING
Thank you for your response. What you are saying make sense to me.
I have very limited knowledge, can you please suggest me?
LED bulb 60/55w will be possible? Any brand suggestion.
Hope this will improve visibility, if i am not wrong.
I would suggest you to go through the following threads and see if you can find a suitable bulb for your car. If you have any queries, feel free to post in those threads.

Review: LED Headlight Conversion Bulbs For Cars & Bikes
4300K Quality HID Kit Technical Review & Install

Currently ZES and CSP LED bulbs are good for headlights and you can find them in Aliexpress. As of HID, you have to disassemble the headlight to install projector lens and then install HID bulbs. However, I have little knowledge on HID projectors so please check above thread.

Some people are suggesting mini projectors with LED or HID. These come with mini projector lens fitted in front of the bulb and direct replacement to stock bulbs. You don't have to take apart headlights for projector installation. One of my friend has ordered mini HID projector on Aliexpress recently and its on way. Cannot wait to check it and post review here. [:)]

LED Mini Projector 5500k H4
HID Mini Projector H4 (4300k recommended)

deville_56

Honoured Member
Should have checked voltage at first instance itself. If that's the case, other electricals would be damaged sooner or later. Frequently blown bulbs are a classic sign of a blown rectifier.

Last edited:

Top Bottom