Honda Activa vs TVS Jupiter: Which One To Buy?

Been using Wego since above two years for my wife and my occassional ride, and no complaints for it.Its a superb VFM product, rides nice as needed.
Would suggest you to buy Juipiter, have heard lots of praises for the same.They have tweaked the engine a bit compared to wego else specs the same.

Thread Starter #17
I have HONDA Aviator 2011 model, using it regularly[clap]. On mileage front, consistently getting between 48-51 km/ltr. Comfort for rear passenger is good.
But it is out of my budget :(

what don't you try hero pleasure? reliable Honda engine and good after sales and services
Never even thought about hero pleasure do not like its shape.

Dont but activa if you want to hurt your back. Go for wego which has better comfort in bad roads
True my friend true :)

+100, Yes my cousin sold his Activa recently using for a year and with the back problem and he bought CBZ extreme
I love my back too much to buy activa again :D

Been using Wego since above two years for my wife and my occassional ride, and no complaints for it.Its a superb VFM product, rides nice as needed.
Would suggest you to buy Juipiter, have heard lots of praises for the same.They have tweaked the engine a bit compared to wego else specs the same.
That is why was planning on buying one :)

Wait bro, what are your priorities, do you need a sporty commuter or need to carry some luggage often? Either way, TVS is the best choice.
Wego or the Jupiter! Same engine, tires and switchgear.
Only the shape and features differ!

Thread Starter #21
Wait bro, what are your priorities, do you need a sporty commuter or need to carry some luggage often? Either way, TVS is the best choice.
Wego or the Jupiter! Same engine, tires and switchgear.
Only the shape and features differ!
I just wish to have a normal scooter neither too flashy nor too dull. Just want a good drive, good economy And occasionally will carry some luggage but not too heavy scooter :).

I think Jupiter fits this bill perfectly.

I agree suspension is not that good for Activa but the body is rock solid and better than most in the market. Have been using Activa for couple of years now. Just love it.

One of my best friend is using Jupiter since more than a month and has completed 1500 Kms on it. He said that except the FE part he is loving his moped a lot. Few drawbacks he mentioned is -
1. FE - He is getting close to 42 KM/LTR. Might increase after few thousand Kms
2. On empty roads if you are cruising at 45+ KMs/Hr then the road grip is not really great especially a truck goes by side.
But overall for city use he claims as one of the best one in this segment. He even was happy with the way TVS ASS is treating him. he can see a good faith with them. Although there were not much issues reported in first servicing but still the way they handle as a part of ASS was good.
Based on above points you can decide further. IMO have a TD on roads where you intend to travel more.

Thread Starter #29
One of my best friend is using Jupiter since more than a month and has completed 1500 Kms on it. He said that except the FE part he is loving his moped a lot. Few drawbacks he mentioned is -
1. FE - He is getting close to 42 KM/LTR. Might increase after few thousand Kms
2. On empty roads if you are cruising at 45+ KMs/Hr then the road grip is not really great especially a truck goes by side.
But overall for city use he claims as one of the best one in this segment. He even was happy with the way TVS ASS is treating him. he can see a good faith with them. Although there were not much issues reported in first servicing but still the way they handle as a part of ASS was good.
Based on above points you can decide further. IMO have a TD on roads where you intend to travel more.
I think it will be first non technical review of jupiter I am reading on internet [:)]

Thanks for the review I seldomly drive above 45 kmph [glasses]

So, I think I will keep my decision for the time being thanks for the review [clap]

Thread Starter #30
Go for the Jupiter. It is more VFM and comfortable and also modern!
Surely will[:)]

Does Jupiter has got combi breaks[confused], it is really a good safety feature in HONDA scooters.
I do not think Jupiter has combi break.

According to online reviews TVS Jupiter betters Activa , still if you want tried and tested product chose between Honda activa and wego , If COMBI brake is important then go for Activa
Emergency breaking will be seldom if as I generally drive at 40-45 Kmph.

I agree suspension is not that good for Activa but the body is rock solid and better than most in the market. Have been using Activa for couple of years now. Just love it.
Not a fan of activa's suspension and the new models that are coming out are not as rock solid as the first launch one were. Have seen many activa just fall apart used by good riders from some years. Maybe it is because of the fact that the launch product by any company is always of the topmost quality and as the demand increases there is a decrease in quality.[confused]

Last edited:

Top Bottom