Honda Activa Ownership and Modifications

Will the Bajaj Auto RR unit overload the Alternator and the ICM ?? As the activa coil is only 0.110kW ie 110W @ 5000 rpm.
RR - Rectifier Regulator unit is only a passive device which will convert AC to DC. It is not a load by itself. What you connect after the RR unit is the load.

Alternator ---> RR unit ---> Rectified DC ---> Battery--->Key--->DC loads
|-------> Regulated AC ---> Head lamp, Tail lamp, IC lamps

Hence a heavier headlamp will in turn affect a smaller RR unit. That is the reason why I suggest you to upgrade the RR unit before installing heavier HL bulb.

Thread Starter #17
I was willing to upgrade the RR unit and the headlamp, but my dad isn't allowing me to alter with the electricals. So I have dropped the idea of 55/60 headlamp. I'll only make a LED tail lamp and install few LED strips. I am also thinking about painting the RVMs in white and installing LED indicators on them.

Hi Guys,

I am new to this forum and would like to share the electrical modifications which i did to my Honda Activa deluxe model bought in 2010.

Now a days you get LED bulbs easily on Ebay, Shopclues shopping site with reasonable price so please search for below bulbs

Following bulbs replaced:-
Tail Light : BA15D (21 W + 5 W) replaced with white LED bulb
Turn Signals: BA15S (Front & Rear 21 W x 4) replaced with amber LED bulbs
Turn Signal indicators : T10 (1.5 W x 2) replaced with T10 LED bulbs
Speedometer Light : T10 (1.7 W x 2) replaced with T10 LED bulbs
High Beam indicator: T10 (1.7 W x 1) replaced with T10 LED bulb
Headlight bulb: H4 Philips 35/35 W replaced with Osram Night Breaker 55/60 W

I've replaced turn signal flasher (Thermal) with electronic flasher for LED bulbs.

Modification done in electrical wiring
->Cut the yellow wire of headlight switch which comes from Alternator and connected the headlight wire to Ignition switch wire. This has converted whole electrical setup to DC i.e. on battery.

Modifications done to put headlight bulb on alternator instead of battery.
->Cut the wire of Upper/dipper switch which comes from headlight switch.
-> Connected this wire to 12 V relay and ground wire too from battery. This change made the relay on/off with headlight switch with DC current.
-> Connected the yellow wire which comes from alternator (AC current) to relay and the other end to Upper/dipper switch

With the above modifications, the whole alternator output is supplied to headlight bulb only. Where as in original factory setup the alternator output is distributed in to headlight bulb (35 W), Tail light bulb (5 W), speedometer light (1.7 W x 2) and high beam indicator (1.7 W) that is optional based on upper/dipper switch.

These modifications helped me a lot to achieve maximum brightness in headlight bulb and minimum load on battery by replacing incandescent bulbs with LED.

Modifications done to put headlight bulb on alternator instead of battery.
->Cut the wire of Upper/dipper switch which comes from headlight switch.
-> Connected this wire to 12 V relay and ground wire too from battery. This change made the relay on/off with headlight switch with DC current.
-> Connected the yellow wire which comes from alternator (AC current) to relay and the other end to Upper/dipper switch
At TVS Showroom you can buy a TVS Jupiter Headlamp dipper switch which has a pass function as well. Costs only Rs95/- and fits universally in most non-geared scooters. Would be a good add on, after upgrading your electricals to this extent.
You can also buy a scooter kill switch from AliExpress.com - Online Shopping for Electronics, Fashion, Home & Garden, Toys & Sports, Automobiles from China.. There are switches which look exactly mirror image of the dipper switch and can be housed on the right hand side of the handle bar cover panel.

bhvm

Honoured Member
Dear all,
I have an old model ( I think 2008) Honda Activa.
I have performed a few Lighting upgrades such as-

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...ooter-motorcycle-headlight-brighter-80-a.html

Now my Headlights are much better than average scooter, however its still not safe riding When some truck/Bus appears with Full blown High beams that effectively blinds me. Hence I would like to join the quest once again, to get really REALLY bright headlamps or Auxlillary lamps that can teach High-beaming morons a lesson. Also, The Optics of Stock headlights are not much useful after 100Mtr which limits my night speeds to near 40~45.

Some plans I have in Mind-

1) replace tail light and indicator Bulbs with LED to save some wattage
2) Add some LED auxillary High beam assist lamps like i did with my Thunderbolt XUV or other vehicles with a target of 4000~6000 Lumens.
3) Upgrade the stock headlamp bulb from current 55/60W to an HID or LED unit with target of about 2000~3000+ Lumens

Who's in with me?

interested in installing a led headlight to my scooty but a little bit confused for wiring issue
need someone to guide me ! please Help [confused]

bhvm

Honoured Member
wow sid! that image is great. your vehicle?
BTW I sent you Pm twice, you didn't reply me.
I've already answered you.

bhvm

Honoured Member
have you tried the Honda Dealership?
Next option would be to visit a Junkyard and check Damaged/Thrown Vehicles.

Top Bottom