Honda Activa 125 (BS-6) Ownership Review: Flying Like a Bird Over Crowded Streets

Well the 1st niggle with my Activa125BS6 has been the Battery itself ,and within a month of ownership it has gone fully discharged twice!!
ASS people charged it fully and give me back.It goes on for a few days,and then again the same discharged state.Its getting on my nerves!
This is not expected from a Honda product, have you contacted HSIL? Better get them involved. This is a serious issue.
All the best.

Thread Starter #48

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
Headlight is the culprit
I guess you are right. Some FNG mechanics suggested me for installation of bypass switch for on and off control of headlight. I was in 2 minds,until I asked where he will install the extra switch.He brought out a hammer,a big nail and a 8inch hacksaw!! He said he will cut a 2 inch hole in the plastic around the instrument console,and don't worry he has done this earlier also and it will be all over in 30 min!!
I got so horrified that I kick started the scooter in a jiffy(because the battery was down) and ran away from that place.

Last edited:

bhvm

Honoured Member
How does a Page become 4 pages and a new Activa comes aboard without Me Noticing it? [roll]
Anyways, Belated and hearty congrats on your ride. May you enjoy many happy miles with this small beast. And yes, that Red paint along with Red Cheetah is looking fab.
Read all 4 pages. As usual, the write up is A class. Entertaining as well as detailed.
I personally did not like the Y shaped front chrome garnish. I personally would've avoided it.
I do not like the dealer advertisement on my number plate
Put some black Vinyl/Wrap on it.
There are no screws,only rivetts on the plate.Difficult to change in case I want a new or different plate with different fonts.
This is a downfall of HSRPs. Only rivets. You cannot remove plates to Clean stuff underneath or Change it. Also, if rivets break on the road due to minor kiss its harder to fix rather the screw type. As a result I have all my cars with Good old screw type plates. I sometimes take them off to access bumper etc.
Battery itself ,and within a month of ownership it has gone fully discharged twice!!
You got a dud battery unfortunately. Recharging it will not help. Unfortunately OEM battery has only 6 month warranty. You better haggle them for a new battery within this period.
Headlight is the culprit
Exactly. Most stupid rule and even Stupider Implementation. They have just removed the switch and made it direct.
With OEM DRLs being implemented, there should be no need fo HL & TL being constantly on.
I guess after warranty, Installing a simple switch will be best option. Will also save the life if HL, TL. Now esp that HL uses LED chips and cannot be replaced like a bulb.

Thread Starter #53

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
How does a Page become 4 pages and a new Activa comes aboard without Me Noticing it? [roll]
Anyways, Belated and hearty congrats on your ride. May you enjoy many happy miles with this small beast. And yes, that Red paint along with Red Cheetah is looking fab.
Read all 4 pages. As usual, the write up is A class. Entertaining as well as detailed.
Thanks for a healthy dose of thumbs ups!
Again Thank you for the nice words on the scooter and its review.Will try to keep the thread updated.

Last edited:

deville_56

Honoured Member
Congrats. Four pages surprised me as well [lol]

Check battery and charger for troubles. It shouldn't get discharged just because of the DRL. Those LEDs draws less current than the halogens and would take 10 mins at least to discharge to below cranking power with a normal 35W halogen.

Though not a fan of Honda, the kill switch was a shocking addition. Even the CBR 150 came with Hero Passion like switch gear. The Unicorn didn't get one in it's decade plus saga.

Thread Starter #55

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
High Security no.plates have plastic sections/box like design at the back. I mean it is not plain flat metal at the back like conventional aluminium plate .Whenever I wash the vehicle,water gets filled in these small box like spaces and remains there for a much longer period before drying up. I can't just wipe it off.When Activa is driven on the road water drops from these spaces due to jerks.Actually I am worried about rusting issues,that's all.

The rear portion of no.plate
IMG-20200202-WA0006.jpg
IMG-20200202-WA0007.jpg

front edges all around have these spaces for water to enter
IMG-20200202-WA0004.jpg

water enters from here
IMG-20200202-WA0005.jpg

Last edited:
Thread Starter #57

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
Blow air with leaf blower or compressed air after washing ..guess you have to live with this fault
Ha ha ha. Leaf blower. You are serious right?
Thanks for the quick revert, but I am not sure if I should go to that extent. It's just a minor irritant that's all.

Thread Starter #59

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
Local service centres near my place use them to remove water from inaccessible areas
Okay ,I get what you want to say and I trust you on what you are advising. Maybe I will visit a service center like yours,because I don't have these blowers you mentioned, but in the meantime I will just live with that.
Thanks for the advice. Again.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #60

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
Honda has made small changes in the luggage hook specifications (max.wt. limit):

This is the new Activa BS6 124cc
IMG-20200221-WA0015.jpg

This is my older Activa 125 BS3
IMG-20200221-WA0023.jpg

Switchgear is visible from this angle.Extra piping is for the disc brakes.
IMG-20200221-WA0021.jpg

Rear lights have lots of chrome bits.Looks good.I like it.
IMG-20200221-WA0022.jpg

Same is the case with side cowl chrome garnish,as it suits the overall design.
IMG-20200221-WA0020.jpg

Indicators have normal halogen bulb but it is merged with DRLs which are obviously LEDs
IMG-20200221-WA0018.jpg

Indicator bulb above and LED strips below
IMG-20200221-WA0019.jpg

Side profile is more or less similar to the last model
IMG-20200221-WA0016.jpg

Last edited:

Top Bottom