Honda Activa 110: Our Purple Queen & Daily Work Horse

Thread Starter #31
Do not rely on Roadside tyre shops for pressure. The coarse gague might work for large truck tyres but strict no for smaller vehicles. I have suffered many times by wrong pressure form puncture wallahs. Hence the result I invest in good Digital tyre inflator.

Read here-
[Honest Review] Windek Digital Tyre Inflator with Autocut
Oh good.

My street puncture shop punctures only for bicycles and two wheelers most. Hope the guage should be good enough there, not sure though.

How about your opinon on petrol bunk digital air pressure check machines? I fill my Victor in petrol bunk guages, as I can pay as low as 2 rupees every time for two wheels [clown]

How much did you cough out for the digital tyre inflator? I would need one, as I have 3 vehicles, including a Santro.

Thanks !
Kumar

I fill with N2 .
The wide gap is due to:
1.Short trips (Engine oil won't be in proper temperature)- Mileage reduced
2.Traffic stops
3.Time of journey (Say peak hour drive and free hour drives)

For addressing short trips, is it wise to crank the engine, idle for a couple of minutes and then move ? I use this tech in my Victor which is my daily drive to work.

Petrol bunk fellas damage the valve neck [frustration], fill the air by twisting or bending valve neck .
You think you save something by the 2 rs you lend there , but long run , you can be stranded , as valve neck damage , shows its effect only later .

Either go to a tyre shop else fill n2 from a tyre shop so 1 month of peace from air fills for 2 wheelers.

bhvm

Honoured Member
I spent about 4k on a decent inflator. It's the safest way. Most Accurate. Apart from risk of being stranded, you get perfect ride & balance. Higher Tyre life. And most importantly, decent FE. Check some of the recent FEs on my blue elephant thread. They're pretty good.

Thread Starter #34
Awesome sir. Even I am thinking of getting a leg operated pump to keep a track of air pressure in all my vehicles.

Yesterday's tank fill in Activa left me speechless. Only 195.8 kms in 4.52 (@ 74.09 per litre petrol - 335 rupees, which is 43.31 kmpl. Thanks to my father's driving style. Unwanted acceleration and riding the brake. Kudos [frustration]

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
A small photo shoot on the eve of Christmas day.. This was much awaited by Mr. Mayank....

2014 model, after 4.5 years of usage..
After such a long time,the photos are finally here.
Nice and well maintained.Keep it up.
This seat cover is unique.Never seen anything like it.

Thread Starter #36
Thread Starter #38
Honda Activa is doing fabulously well. Smooth ride, decent FE and of course the refined engine note. Though I can't expect or percieve the high ride quality Jupiter offers, but Activa is above par in that. Since the Activa is not used for more than 5-6 kms radius from home, I feel the kind of ride quality it offers with its small tyres and c/s suspension (non telescopic), is more than enough and fine for that kind of proximity.

I had replaced my activa's rear tyre with CEAT . Previously it was Michelin , and its thread lasted only for12kkm (Earlier set of TVS also lasted same kms), and the Michelin suffered a puncture , from a small pin (Implied that it can cause more punctures soon , owing to its baldness).
Review of Ceat after 100km
Pros- Superior thread , Hard rubber , Sturdy in potholes
Cons- No cushioning effect (Owing to hard rubber- where michelin had soft rubber , it provided a comfy ride), the tyre guy himself told this tyre is meant for life only sir , and for front , he won't recommend CEAT , as it causes stiffness .

Front is running in Stock TVS , and it will require a replacement in 5kkm ( It has enough thread , but the thread sides has started showing rubber age , small faint cracks) WIll replace it with MRF after 5k km .

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
Get one for your Activa too. I remember you saying in some thread you own an Activa as well. The design is simply superb.
Thanks for the advice. Yes this cover looks very nice.lets see if I can get it here.
Yeah I am an activa owner too. I am amazed by its simplicity and ease of driving.And I am happy with it.

Thread Starter #41
Hi All

Quite a long gap here.

Busy much with work, promotion struggles, etc, etc.

Activa is running damn smooth. Last service was performed in July 1st, 2019, and was a little major at 24000 kms odo.

Clutch kit, with V Belt, and relevant parts were changed except Clutch Shoe, which as per the advisor, had a 2000 km life, and had a whooping bill of close to 4000 rupees (with AMC), else the bill would have been towards north of 5k, but it is worth the vehicle.

Additionally the battery was almost dead, and warranted a kick start every morning, however, the same was a task for my 66 year old father, and moreover the worst part in Activa is every time to kick start, the scooter had to be put into centre stand to kick the kicker, unlike my bike.

Hence replaced the battery at an outside shop, and got an AMRON with 4 yr warranty for 1000 bucks after exchanging my old battery. The same guy had replaced my car battery on the Republic Day [angry] and would soon be replacing my Victor's battery too.

Activa, post July service is running ultra smooth, though didn't keenly check the mileage, but I guess she should be delivering around 50 kmpl for sure... The clutch shoe will be replaced in probable December of Jan service.

Other than mild viration at the front on bad roads, the scooter is simply rocking.

Hoping to keep the Activa for its entire life, i.e., till 2029 August. fingers crossed...

Regards
Kumar

I did my 24k km service for activa which costed 800 rs only (I have AMC- annual maintenance contract - by which there is 5% discount for spares , and 10% discount for individual labour , also total periodic maintenance service cost is not there ) .
1.Clutch greasing 108
2. Suspension Greasing 100
3.Seat covers changed (350rs)
4.Workshop consummables - 100
5. Taxes

Thread Starter #43
Hi All

My humble and loyal Activa is getting odo-ready for next service towards month end, where Clutch Shoe needs to be replaced, since it was not replaced in the previous service in June 30 2019 along with the clutch kit, V belt and related components, as mechanic felt Clutch shoe had some more life left.

Should have a hefty bill I guess, as I remember the technician telling me the Clutch Shoe itself costs 200 close bucks..... Holding an AMC, I should be fortunate enough to get some good deal discounts on that (10% on labour, 5% on spares and consumables).

Haven't checked mileage of my Activa in the past 4-5 months sincerely. But it is running fuss free. Hope the same ahead.

Thread Starter #44
The December service was completed towards end of the month, and the vehicle is running silky smooth. However, after getting the vehicle delivered post service from SVM HONDA, after a 5 km ride, the vehicle stopped and refused to start. Called Diwakar in SVM HONDA, and he appeared at the spot within 20-25 minutes. He had brought with him some basic tools and a spark plug. However, the culprit was No Fuel. [frustration]

Diwakar provided fuel from his service vehicle he had come in (Honda CLIQ), and refused even to take money from me for at least the fuel. He had provided with close to 500 - 600 ml petrol.

The mystery behind the No Fuel strandling within 5 kms from service stations is still a mystery as a couple of days earlier we had filled 2L, and my wife had hardly ridden som 40 odd kms. Even with the worst mileage of 40 kmpl, my Activa should have had fuel to ride another 30+ kms to the minimum.

Though things could be figured out by me [angel] and also considering the dedication and helfulness of Diwakar, I just decided to forget the incident (fuel shortage) and remember Diwakar's timely help at strandled times..

Overall the bike rides like breeze. Only concern is the rrrrrrr sound coming from the front HL panel, which has to be replaced for ultimate solution. However, we have done some jugaad work, and the sound is very minimal (vibrations than sound).

I have not been able to calculate the recent FE, but I guess it should be slightly south to 50 kmpl.

AMC was renewed in advance, which fetched me heavy discount on the 850 INR worth AMC costing me effectively around 250 or 300 bucks.

I have been getting premium service for my Activa at SVM - Avadi, I should say.

Hope to have a long term ownership with my 2014 Activa (pre 3G version) and an excellent service relationship with SVM HONDA - AVADI.

As of now, we have almost decided to keep our Activa BS III till 2029 (RC validity), and hope that the engine stays good until then. Now it has clocked close to 28000 kms or so, and another 10 years of usage should be for another 45 to 50k kms.

Thread Starter #45
History of my relationship with SVM HONDA - AVADI
I had bought my vehicle Activa 110cc in August 2014 from JSP HONDA - Ambattur. The Sales Manager there was very professional and courteous person. I believed everything would be fine with them. Unfortunately I had to see JSP's real face only during my second service. They had damaged my right side bonnet during the first free service and the second service experience was worse than pathetic[gun], that too after paying 63000 INR on road price with full fittings having bought from them.

Even JPS Honda - Ambattur rewarded me with the worst service when I had bought Activa 110cc in August 2014 (pre 3G version). Service quality was worse than pathetic with them, even though the Sales Manager was a humble person, but what could he alone do when the majority of staff and workers crib to work?

Then I switched to JSP HONDA - Avadi, and though initially in the first 2-3 services, I had small hitches where I had to run back to them for small issues like self start switch nor working, etc, etc. However, in course of time, they improved a lot i customer satisfaction, and today I would rate them THE BEST CUSTOMER FOCUSSED service centre I've ever experienced in whole Chennai till date.

Special Kudos to DIWAKAR and KALAISELVEN who treat my vehicle as if it was their own vehicle, in all aspects. a break down of my Activa was attended very promptly by Diwakar last year, when I was in office. Diwakar turned up in 30 minutes after I called up, and took the vehicle to service station by towing. Finally the fuel tap (automatic) was found to be the culprit and was replaced, that too with my AMC benefits and labour. If they had wanted, they could have blamed on the costly coils and made to shell out in grans, but they didn't.

I would vouch for DIWAKAR and KALAI to anyone for their dedicated customer service. (HONDA). Vijai TVS (Avadi); HMT TVS (Arumbakkam / Aminjikkarai); Sri Lakshmi TVS (Padi) can't even hold a candle for SVM HONDA - Avadi. [clap]

Top Bottom