Honda Activa 110: Our Purple Queen & Daily Work Horse

Thread Starter #1
Hi Readers

I am Kumar, and this is going to be my second review in Team AutomotiveIndia forum, after the one on my TVS Victor 2016, which is my daily work horse.

My current review is on my other vehicle, which is a daily work horse as well, but being worshipped by my better half.

Yes it is the Honda Activa 110cc 2014 - Wild Purple.

Purchase Idea
Well, like every girl / lady has, my better half has been having her desire to own a bike / two wheeler. Post marriage, she was very keen and interested in riding her own two wheeler.

Primary challenge here was she was not qualified (licensed) to ride one on Indian roads, and in order to get her licensed, she didn’t have her documents then (period – 2009 to 2014), as out family ration card was yet to show her name in the family member’s list.

In the kind of income I had those days, I had a plan to get her a TVS Super XL or stretch the budget by around 1.5k and get an XL Super Heavy Duty with better suspensions. But my better half didn’t seem to have any interest in the moped segments and all she wanted was a scooterette, say a Scooty PEP or a Streak. My finances at that time didn’t allow me to afford one she wanted as the budget hit 40+k, and I and my whole family hate buying things in EMI / loan.

So the idea was kept on temporary hold, both due to finances and also due to her not having license to ride.

Choices were very few, Having worked for Karpagamoorthy TVS for a couple of years from 2003, when the PEP was newly introduced, I was much aware of the PEP cons, though the one at that time was a 70cc engine, and the time when she was dreaming of one was a 90cc (PEP Plus).

Days passed by. We managed out daily errand runs in our only vehicle in family, my ever loved Splendor Plus 2005. Our little daughter, me and my wife managed to roam around in the Splendor for evening trips, get aways, and also to bring weekly vegetables & fruits, etc.

Days became brighter and all of a sudden, with a mere 20 minutes discussion with my wife and a test drive, I ended up booking a Santro Xing in March 2013 and got delivery the same month end.

Things went smooth, where Splendor was for frequent errand runs, and the car was for weekend family rides to temples, sometimes market, etc, not daily use, due to fuel cost factor.

Things went this way that my wifey had to keep depending on me and only me to get every single thing or chore done in the household, which needed a vehicle, like getting things, dropping kids to school, short distance movements, etc.

My wifey now wanted to be independent enough so that she need not expect me for every small thing at household.

In the mean time, may be sometime in 2011 or 12, we were coming out of Church, when we eye witnessed a terrible road accident, where a family, i.e, hubby-wife and a small kid in old Activa (1st generation one), took their right with proper indication to enter the Church in Avadi, when a drunk bullet rider from the opposite side hit the Activa very badly.

My wife almost fainted at seeing this, I was like, OMG, what would have happened to the Activa passengers, I ran with water bottle in hand, and guess what, I find all three of the Activa occupants real safe, with minor scratches here and there, and the only potential injury to be witnessed was the lady pillion got her leg injured, but was minor though.

The incident:

The bullet man completely appeared drunk, and was probably a mechanic. The bullet’s (the bullet would have been an old model one), front suspension forks will bent very bad.
I was really happy to see that the old gen Activa (metallic body) had saved its occupants with very minor injuries.
My love started for Activa. Normally I am not at all comfortable with scooters and scooterettes at all, as I don’t feel the vehicle is under control when on such automatic transmission equipped, belt driven scooters.
As the days and years passed, love for Activa kept growing in my heart, without my knowledge.
By 2014 early days, I started researching for the then available options, which were Yamaha Ray, and of course Activa. Activa kept winning my heart at every sight I used to see one on the road during my office commuting.

Showroom Experience – Test Drive
One fine day in August 2014, I and my wife went to JSP Honda showroom located in Ambattur Tirumullaivoil road. The sales rep, named Madhan, was helpful in showing the vehicle and explaining features.

Till we stepped into the showroom, wifey had black colour in mind, but she was overwhelmed when the rep showed her the Wild Purple (Violet kind of) and she immediately decided on the same.

One bad thing, I would like to note here is that the sales executive offered us a test ride on some customer’s bike that had come for service (the bike had the service tag in the key ring), which I don’t think is fair. Without the customer’s authorisation, the sales executive wasn’t supposed to offer his bike for our test ride. If I were the customer, I would have sued Honda for giving my bike for test ride.

But having no other go, and cornered by my wife’s desires, we took the test drive, and wife was comfortable with the vehicle with respect to her height. Handling was okay and she waved a green flag.
We got the quote for around 57k for on road price of the vehicle and including the full fittings, the price would be around 61k.

Booking Experience
Booking was unexpected. We had lunch at Sangamam Hotel near Ambattur OT bus stand with my in laws, and we suddenly dropped into JSP Honda for booking an Activa !!!
Booking amount was Rs. 1000.00, which we paid as cash. We were told that in case of cancellation of booking, Rs. 100.00 will be deducted as cancellation charges and remaining money will be refunded.
We agreed and booked. We were assured delivery within 10 days, if it was full cash payment and it was planned to be so.

Delivery Experience
The showroom sales manager was nice person and the gentleman helped complete all formalities. The payment of Rs. 60747.00 with all mandatory fittings and some additional fittings, were made at the counter and receipt was taken.

We were promised the delivery on 20th August 2014, and we were also tried for an upgrade to Activa 125 which was just then launched. I didn’t prefer my wife to handle a powerful engine as her first vehicle and I settled for Activa 110.

On 20th August 2014, the vehicle was registered.

I took delivery on 21st August 2014, on my way back to home from office (used to do night shifts then). The showroom experience and the sales manager was pretty polite and helpful in explaining the features of the bike and limitations of usage. He also emphasized not to ride the bike above 40 kph for the first 1000 kms run in period.

The vehicle was brought home after filling a 200 rupees petrol,and air check, and my wife had big smileys on seeing her first bike.
The same weekend, Pooja was conducted in a near by Amman Temple.

Our first scooter Activa had come home in Wild Purple.

The experience with the showroom people post delivery was not that great, in terms of their providing me with invoice and other receipts for all extra cash they have charged on and above vehicle ex showroom price, insurance and life tax payment, etc.

Though not pleasant, let me not put it here and spoil the charm of the readers with the review.

Driving Experience
In fact, this is the first scooter even I have driven, except a few instances in my life before where I had chances to throttle up Scooty ES, Scooty PEP, etc earlier.

I felt very comfortable with this vehicle for the first time, as I am very much used to bikes only. It was very smooth in acceleration, faster than my Splendor, so had to be careful with the speedometer needle.

I started training my wife to ride the scooter, every morning, and she, within in no time, became an expert in riding.

Though initially, out of curiosity she used to twist the throttle hard and touch 65’s in speedo, I and my dad warned her not to do those nasty speeds on roads being a newbie and that too unlicensed.

First Service Experience – Very Unpleasant
First service was scheduled in 750 kms, and I made 730+ kms in 15 days in September of 2014, as I used this bike for my daily office use, in order to set the engine to its finest tune.

Service included wash, general checkup, oil change.
Oil change was billed for around Rs. 372.00, including engine oil and gear oil, as per the bill, along with some consumable charges.

I get back home after the service and was taken aback to see a scratch on the left side body panel above rear wheel. I immediately rushed back to JSP and shows the same to the Service Manager. The Service Manager politely acknowledged the same and assured that the panel will be re-painted and the issue would be sorted out during the second service, which would fall due in December 2014.

I and my wife, both were upset with this incident and were curding the guy who recklessly scratched a 20 day old new vehicle costing me 61 grans. We had never expected such unprofessional handling from JSP.

That eveing we had to catch our train from Egmore, so we left and kept this issue aside.

Second Service – Worst Experience with JSP:
Second service fell due at 4000 kms or 4 months, however the vehicle had done around say 2500 or so kms, do not remember exactly. The vehicle was handed over sometime on 20th December and we asked the Service Advisor showing the written acknowledgement of the scratch, to get the same soured out. We were told they need 4-5 days to sort this out.

We agreed and walked away. After Christmas and on the delivery date, we went into JSP Honda premises and guess what .... we both were shocked to see the shape our vehicle was parked outside the showroom.

Believe me, the vehicle was in worst look than how I gave it to them, full of dust, and no one would trust that they have even touched the vehicle. After hot transaction of words with the service team, I paid the bill (which is around 370+) and was once again shocked to see that the scratched left panel was in the same way. No work has been done. Nothing had even been tried in the panel.

I got red and screamed at the service team, who had lame excuses which were totally unacceptable. I called the sales manager from showroom and he had a sorry face for me. They only washed the vehicle for me and handed over.

I took my vehicle home, uploaded all the photographs I had taken at JSP when I saw the vehicle with shabby looks and full of dust and also the damaged panel part, and uploaded in JSP Honda’s and Honda India’s facebook page with description of my sad story.

Guess what.... I get a call from CRM of JSP – Chennai enquiring the issue. I explained in detail and he assured me to get the entire panel replaced with a new one. I said I can no more trust JSP and hand them over my vehicle.
The CRM (Customer Relationship Manager), of course was a professional gentleman and sorted my issue at once. He sent his people with the new left body rear panel in Wild Purple to my home. My vehicle’s damaged left panel was unfastened and the new one was fitted. I was asked to sign the satisfaction note, which I did with all happiness.

But I was unhappy with one observation here. The Honda people, who came to replace my panel, had come on a customer owned vehicle which had come for service to their A.S.S., and had a similar service tag in its key rind.

How can these service team misuse the customer’s service vehicles without their consent for test ides and their official/ personal purposes? Would any one of you tolerate this ? I wouldn’t, certainly.

Thus the sad story of my second service came to an end. I bid adieu ( a big T A T A BYE BYE) to JSP Honda for lifetime and promised them that neither I nor any of my family members or acquaintances would ever visit any JSP showrooms in entire Chennai, even for an enquiry. Dot.

SVM Honda – Avadi Market - My New Service Provider
I selected his A.S.S. located in Avadi, near market, for continuing the services on my Activa. Believe me these people are times better than the rubbish JSP Honda. I have all bad in my mouth for them.

However, in the initial periods (from March 2015 service), for about a year and half, I had multiple issues and dissatisfaction in various levels on their service standards and quality. Within a month of service, I would have to take it for a silly repair, say the self started button won’t crank the engine, the horn wouldn’t work, the buzzer gone Kaput, and what not.

I even raised complaints with SVM Honda head office in Ayanavaram, - Chennai, but no terrific resolutions.

Unfortunately I too didn’t have an option and didn’t have time and patience to search for a third A.S.S. to service my bike.
But today, as on this 29th September 2018, I would surprise you by saying, I am holding my 3rd AMC (Annual Maintenance Contract) with SVM Honda Avadi.

Pardon ? .... yes, I mean it.SVM Honda have come a long way in these 3.5 years and today the service advisors Diwakar and Kalaiselvan ensure that I walk out of SVM with a smile and also, I don’t have to repeatedly take the vehicle to them for silly faults, unlike a couple of years ago.

Here they go. From someone or something, they’ve learnt that customer satisfaction and delight should be their only goal, no matter how many hundreds of vehicles come to them for service every day.

And they have done it, achieved it, and I would keep giving 9.5/ 10 rating to SVM.

Any single or minor defects in the vehicle are attended to by the said advisors with keen observation and they strive hard to ensure the customer never turns back with the same issue or any issue till his next service is due.
I have completed 2 full years of AMC services with them and have been happy. My next 3rd year AMC starts from November 2018, when the vehicle will be due for service.

Service Intervals
This is very crucial for every vehicle. Honda Activa and other scooters come with a service interval of 4 months or 4000 kms whichever is early. I used to maintain this interval for the first two years since the vehicle was under base warranty.
However I found that my wife’s usage was very low and the maximum running usage between two services (4 months) was less than 1000 kms, but for few exceptions.

After 2 years of base warranty on the vehicle was over, I re-scheduled the maintenance schedule as per my usages and with the concurrence of the service advisor at SVM, Kalaiselvan.

My current trend of usage is somewhere around 2500 – 2800 kms in every six months and hence I service my vehicle every six months to ensure every service I do is effectively utilized and the vehicle runs satisfactory number of kilometres.
Thus the revised service intervals are 6 months or 3000 kms whichever is earlier and the service team at SVM Honda has concurred its technical effectiveness as well.

Service Cost
This is another crucial factor for every middle class man, that how much would it cost to service his / her bike.

During the free services, the bill would be around 370+, which would include engine oil, gear oil and gaskets along with consumable charges. Free services attract zero labour for the first one year of ownership and 4 free services.

Post free services are exhausted, one needs to pay all labours and the total bill for every service without having to change any additional parts would be north of around Rs. 1300.00, which is nominal.

Approximate breakdown (not actual)
Oil – Engine and Gear – 380.00
General Service Labour – 350.00
Kicker Shaft OH – 200.00
Clutch Overhaul / Cleaning – 150.00
Tappet Adjustment – 150.00

If you calculate approximately with GST’s you would land up somewhere in 1300 or so.

What I do is, I buy Annual Maintenance Contract (AMC) from them every year. An AMC for a year costs me Rs. 850.00

Benefits of the said AMC:
 General Service Labour of Rs. 350.00 for 3 services in a year waived off (approx Rs. 1050 excluding taxes), where straight away I save 200 + taxes. Voila !!
 5% discount on spares, consumables, engine oils etc, during the services done AMC period.
 10% discount on all additional labours apart from the waived off General Service Labour (350.00), which includes the above said Kicker OH, Clutch Overhaul, Tappet Adjustments, and any other job labour like Air Filter replacement, bearing replacement, brake shoe replacement, etc. Only exception would be labour for accidental damages, where you wont get this 10% off.
 2 complementary washes (over and above regular service washes, 2 additional water washes free).

An AMC is valid for 1 year from the date of purchase and the benefits can be availed ONLY from the dealer / A.S.S. from where the AMC is bought and not in any other Honda Authorised A.S.S.

My experiences with the past 2 AMC’s have been awesome and the courteous response from the service team of SVM is highly appreciated. Good Job SVM. You’ve milestones to achieve in terms of customer delight.

Thread Starter #2
Re: HONDA ACTIVA 110 - Our Purple Queen & Daily Work Horse

Fuel Efficiency (kitna deta hai):

Coming from a middle class, I completely understand the criticality of this factor.

Well, when new, i.e., in 2014 August, when I used to ride daily 48 kms up and down to and fro my office at speeds not exceeding 40 kmph, on my first tank ful to tank ful method in the same petrol bunk and same dispenser, I got an overwhelming mileage of 64 kmpl. I mean it and I read it as 64 kmpl, the highest I have ever got

After the run in period of 1000 kms, the speed started varying to 50 kmph, and then mileage started coming down to around 60 kmpl.

This was in 2014 when I used the bike continuously for 2 months to fine tune the engine before handing over to wifey.

Currently the Activa is being used by my wife and my 66 year old father, and when two people stir a curry, with two different styles of riding, acceleration, braking, etc, I keep consistently getting around 53-55 kmpl even today.

Never ever less than 50 kmpl till date.

My wife uses bike to commute kids to school , other classes, get things from shops, go to Avadi market, etc. She rides within 30 kmph speed with minimal braking when crowdy, and keeps it within 45 kmph speed even on open roads.

My father always rides with brake pressed, and that has already caused wear and tear in the clutch roller hub, as per the service advisor, and its replacement would cost a bomb, around 990 + taxes + labour.

If it is continuously being used by my wife, the mileage figures would definitely touch or approach 60.

I keep hearing complaints on mileage, low figures such as 40, 45, etc. But I strongly opine here that being gentle on throttle, avoiding sudden acceleration, aggressive braking, etc would save fuel and energy.

Being an automatic CVT transmission equipped belt driven vehicle, the pick up tends to be sharper than the geared motor cycles, due to which the rider is often tempted, but if you have a controlled and steady mindset and operate the vehicle with love, I bet, you would get 50+ for sure in city traffic.

Learn to switch off the engine when in signals. Starting from signals is a fraction of second job, just press the starter button and be off.... simple.

Expenses apart from regular maintenance services
 Front suspension bushes replaced a year back
 Rea shock absorber bushes replaced a year back
Both should have cost around 600+ including labour, not sure though, forget :)

 Silencer exhaust complete pipe was painted in May 2018 service, which cost me Rs. 650.00, however 10% off on labour as per AMC saved me 65 bucks, excluding taxes. This was not due to wear and tear, but the paints had gone off from the silencer pipe and signs of corrosion were detected by the technicians and this painting was strongly recommended.

I do not recollect any other ADDITIONAL expenses, apart from regular maintenance and oil changes.

Conclusion:
Activa, as it has been since its launch in 1998 (am I right?), has been the queen of belt driven Scooters and no scooter till date has been able to break its record.
Activa, being metallic body, is highly protective and believe me the Activa has become a family member in our household since it has saved my wife’s life twice, as the body absorbed the entire impact and rescued its occupant, my wife.
If anyone interested to know, ping me.
Any questions on Activa, I would be more than happy to sort it out for you.

Photos on their way, follows...[:)]

Happy and Safe Miles. Wear Helmet. Fasten Seat Belt. Ride / Drive Safe.

Safety First,
Kumar

mayankdixit

Honoured Member

Where are the photos man?? Kindly let me see some pictures of your ride.

Thread Starter #5

Where are the photos man?? Kindly let me see some pictures of your ride.
Well Mayank, I will have it uploaded this weekend. I know they are important. I will get you some, though a few I have....

Since my bike is the actual owner [lol] and she's not a photo fan, she wouldn't have taken any.

But I have a few, in my repository and will get them online soon.

Regards
Kumar

Thread Starter #6
Recently I checked the fuel efficiency of my Activa from a tank full to tank full method till brim in the same bunk and same filling machine. Air pressure was maintained at 30 and 38 front & rear respectively. 100% rides were city based, in commuting kids to and fro school, busy evening traffics etc, ridden by my wife and my father, 80%-20% shared, majority ridden by my wife.

The subsequent tank fill (2nd topping) consumed 4.78 litres of petrol before it came to brim, and has exactly run 260.5 kms from the previous tank fill. The fuel price paid was around Rs. 405.00

The exact or say, close to accurate FE of my Activa works out to be 54.5 kmpl and it is true. There might be a very slight, say +/- 0.5 kmpl variation and would clearly depend on the minor difference in choosing the brim level of tank where I ask the fuel man to stop.

Both tank fills were done at early morning 6 am, at a very reliable petrol bunk in Indian Oil.

I come across hundreds of people cribbing about their poor FE of their Activa and other equivalent scooters to be around only less than 45 kmpl and some claiming even 35 [pig]

I can't comment anything in this front as it may go sensitive. But the best I can do is I can share my best practices which made me get this FE.

> though I seldom use the vehicle, I ensure my wife rides slow and steady.
> early morning first start would be a kick start and not self start (not sure if this would hamper FE).
> wipe the dust on the body with a clean cloth, before starting.
> strictly no self starts for the first crank of the day, be it morning or evening or any time.
> minimal throttle inputs.
> no aggressive acceleration and no aggressive breaking.
> anticipatory driving. If any obstruction on road is anticipated in advance, ease off from the throttle and the vehicle comes to slow without brakes (this saves your brake shoe life as well - bonus).
> very very very relaxed driving by my wife. she starts before time and never rushes.
> no overload in the vehicle. Under seat would only have a water bottle, bike papers, and some coinage money, and nothing else.
> only bought things would be brought home in the under seat storage, else nothing.
> My activa runs 2500 to 3000 kms every six months and hence I have fixed the service schedule in that way, which is every six months (May and November, every year).
> Jobs done in the service are general checkup, all belts and filters checked up, engine cum transmission oil replacement (no topup, complete drain out and replacement), tappet adjustment, clutch cleaning, kicker o ring cleaning and adjustment.
> No engine tuning needed till today (21000 kms and 4 years 3 months of ownership).
> All services including periodical brake checkups are done only in authorised Honda Service Station. Address will be given below.

No rough handling by my wife, though my father, being elder and little nervous (65+), sometimes rides with brake engaged (brake light glows in day), which is very occasional.

I don't seem to take any additional precautions than the ones listed and I get back 53 - 55 kmpl almost. The worst I have ever got in my Activa was 49 kmpl and I remember the day as I shouted at my wife for riding without care[cry]

If any more opinions or suggestions needed on Activa mileage issue, you can get in touch with me over here or email me on kumarquality@hotmail.com. I would be happy to respond, though I am not a knowledge savvy in automotives.

Safe rides.

Happy Diwali in advance.

Regards
Kumar

My activa also is 5 years old , and has ran only 23k km till date, the maintenance cost is also pretty much cheap (Touchwood) I have the AMC , and give the vehicle for service every 6 months (Dealer says 4 months , but as running is low , i take it late).
My usual works are-
1.Engine oil (Check and change)- So say yearly once
2.Suspension greasing
3.Clutch Greasing
4.Air filter cleaning & Replacing if required

Major works done at 15k km , when Pivot Arm , Collar Arm bush was changed. ( That service costed 1k)
At 8k,16k - Gear Oil was topped up
At 10k - The slow speed was adjusted by one poor knowledged technician , so mileage got a hit , from 50kmpl to 35kmpl .
At 14k- Again vehicle was tuned , now getting 40-50kmpl constantly , vehicle handled by me as well as dad , so the fluctuation in mileage.

AMC costs here is 1200- 4 services (Same scheme as you had elaborated)
Without AMC, there won't be any discount and the normal service itself costs 1k (So always better to have AMC). Thing is Periodic maintenance cost gets waved off which costs about 450 in addition to labour and consummable charges.

Overall good experience with the ride.

Thread Starter #8
Nice Vishnu, that our vehicles are similar in age, usage and AMC's.

I have a few questions now:
> Is Gear Oil different from Engine Oil ? I replace engine oil every six months (every service), and the bill also mentioned gear oil with engine oil, so I had been thinking both are same. How do you differentiate the two?
> What is suspension greasing / clutch greasing ? My ASC doesn't seem to do these two [surprise]

Gear oil or transmission oil is different Kumar sir. ( Maybe , as top up required just needs small volume of oil , your service centre might not have charged), but I prefer complete drain of gear oil and retop up a new batch of oil.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWhlBs5DXGw

Courtesy - Youtube

Suspension greasing - As Activa front suspension (In my model , I think yours also same ), has fixed arm suspension (Rides like Wego , Activa 125 , Aviator and all have Telescopic suspension, which doesn't need greasing , but need suspension oil top up say once every 10k km , depending on road used , it may vary).

In fixed arm types , the suspension has only grease as the material which lubricates the bushes as well as joints . The job is pretty simple , just greasing , either with grease spray else , appyling grease manually , after cleaning out existing grease , which gets coated with dust and debris . I insist to do this job every 6 months or 3000km , just like HMSI says.

Clutch greasing is Retorquing the drive belt , and lubricating the CVT transmission components with Grease (Just like spraying chain lubricant). Its better to do so , as even my friends say , your activa is always smooth as stock (Touchwood). - You can see also the gearbox component in the video , the belt assy. components are greased for smoother run

bhvm

Honoured Member
Hello Kumar_CarFreak
Its a well penned review with nice emotional side to it. Whats missing is tons and tons of pics!

I also have the Old Activa (Metal one) Its has been humbly doing errands for 10 years now. Believe me, They don't make stuff like that anymore!

Thread Starter #11
Hello Kumar_CarFreak
Its a well penned review with nice emotional side to it. Whats missing is tons and tons of pics!

I also have the Old Activa (Metal one) Its has been humbly doing errands for 10 years now. Believe me, They don't make stuff like that anymore!
Your first Gen Activa is a Gem and a legacy of its own.

Even mine can't match yours though mine is also metal made, and has a more advanced HET engine (2nd gen, pre-3G version, with sticker Activa badge on side bonnets, rather the metallic Activa badge from 3G onwards).

But still, since it was for my first automotive gift for my wife, I didn't want to go for a used one in 2014, though I love the one you ride. I know it gives hardly 43 kmpl in city (so precise since my ex-colleague cum owner had one till 6 months back, since 2008) and sold recently after he knocked a pig down accidentally. He also replaced his steed with a new Dio, which no where nears to his old Activa.

[lol]

Thread Starter #12
Hello Kumar_CarFreak

I am unsure if I would have hefty number of pics, but I do have a few memory pics in my gallery / Google Drive. Will recollect them and upload soon.

Mr. Mayank Dixit had also asked for some....[:D]

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
I do have a few memory pics in my gallery / Google Drive. Will recollect them and upload soon.

Mr. Mayank Dixit had also asked for some....[:D]
Yes man!!Still waiting for some pics.Hurry up.Purple queen will make an impact on my senses only if my eyes get to see one.
BTW you have done a splendid narration.Looking more from your side.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #14
Purple Queen ready to be serviced sometime this weekend.

21500 kms on odo, I guess (bike belongs to wifey)

Prior service was done in May 2018, with 18570 kms on odo.

My new AMC is ready with SVM Honda starts from Nov 2018 and is valid thru Nov 2018, for 3 free services (General Service Labour 350.00 waived off), and 1 complementary water wash (apart from the ones that are included in the 3 services).

Issues faced:
> Frontal vibration from the front head lamp panel - resolution suggested by SA is to replace at a cost of 950.00
> metallic footrest for ladies, foldable, is no more folding - resolution suggested by SA is to replace at a cost of 950.00

I think there is some 950.00 mela for Honda scooters LOL..

As of now, I have done some jugaads to reduce the vibration, though it peeps out in bad road to save one 950.00

And to remove the metallic ladies footrest from vehicle as I recently happened to kiss a centre-of-thee-road parked bike by a maroon, while negotiating an oncoming load auto maroon, who was on the wrong side to avoid a pothole on his side, at a high speed. My Activa's ladies footrest, made kissed that bike and the bike was flung a few meters, falling down, and breaking multiple plastics.. kudos to Honda build quality [:D]. People need to know parking manners yaar. Jahaan dekha ghused diya. come on guys. at least care about your bikes..

I know the bike owner would have cursed me a ton, but again, I was on a hospital related emergency for my father, and I couldn't be that generous to stop, make the bike stand, and invite trouble there. Pray God that my Activa shouldn't have been captured in any apartment or street CCTV's.

But jokes apart, Activa is still strong, though not as much as the first generation ones, which were rocks.. damn..

I remember hitting a road crosser's cycle, as he was jay walking across road on an evening, without caring about my Activa coming at 45+ kmph speed. I simply hit his bicycle, (not him), and the cycle was thrown in air. I switched off the lights, twisted the throttle and was off. This was in 2014, early days of purchase, however, I couldn't spot any scratch mark in the frontal part of Activa next morning.. I was like WOW. I guess the body bumper would have taken the hit. My 60,747 rupees are worth it. he he he.

OMG, what adventures. Really solid built Activa.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #15
Not gone to service this weekend, despite planning hard, as was damn tired the whole of Saturday and Sunday Honda doesn't service.

Last mileage calculated as per tank full to tank full method : 49.62 kmpl.

Worse than the prior mileages of 52-54 kmpl

Reason for downgrade of FE numbers : 3-4 people riding the bike, owing to unfortunate hospital errands, due to 2 family members falling sick.

As ever, any vehicle being used by multiple hands, and in hurry and frustrating situations, is abused, and the same thing happened here too, but we were helpless.

This has been the worst figure of FE we have ever got in the Activa, in the last 3+ years.

Top Bottom