Holiday Destination for Diwali: Uttarakhand or Himachal?

Thread Starter #1
Hi All TAI Members,

As the summers are gone, rains have already unleashed their fury, the peaceful time has come to visit the hills before it would be too late due to the snowfalls and blockage of roads. I have been to almost every part of Himachal (area uptill Rohtang and Area till Ricangpio) and most of the parts of Uttrakhand (except kedarnath, yamunotri and Gangotri routes, i have been to Badrinath and Hemkunt Sahib). Now, the question is during this Diwali (as my last bachelor diwali) i have an opportunity to visit any one of this state for around 4-5 days with 2 friends of mine in my Dragon a.k.a Tata Aria Pleasure 4x4. It would be my bachelor party kind of stuff where 2 of my close friends accompany me and we would like to enjoy those 5 days to its fullest. Following are my queries.

[B]Himachal Destinations:[/B]

Day Date Travel Destinations Itinerary
1 9th Nov. New Delhi to Chandigarh Start from Delhi by 3-4 pm and reach Chandigarh, meet friends, wish them happy diwali, have dinner and sleep early.

2 10th Nov. Chandigarh to Kalpa/ Ricang Pio
Any other destination in that region is welcome. Start from Chandigarh by 5am and reach kalpa around 3 pm via Narkanda.

3 11th Nov. Kalpa: Local Area sightseeing Kindly suggest which places can be seen in one and a half day near Kalpa?

4 12th Nov. Kalpa to Sangla Valley. Suggestions on any other destination

5 13th Nov. Sangla Valley to Thanedar or Chail or Shimla??? Suggestions please

6 14th Nov. Shimla or other place to Delhi As travel time takes usually 7 hours from Shimla to Delhi..

Uttrakhand Trip:

Day Date Travel Destinations Itinerary
1 10th Nov. New Delhi to Chaukri or Berinaag or Dhaula Cheena Start from Delhi at 5am and reach via Almora

2 11th Nov. ????? to Munsiyari Start early around 9-10 am and reach Munsiyari by 2-3 pm + Local sightseeing

3 12th Nov. Munsiyari to Mudkot & Back Mudkot hot sulphur springs and local Munsiyari

4 13th Nov. Munsiyari to Nainital or Saat Taal or any other nearby area Suggestions please

5 14th Nov. Destination to New Delhi. As travel time takes usually 7 hours from Nainital to Delhi

Issues:
a.) 9th Nov. can be tricky, if I would not get half day off after office Diwali Lunch.
b.) If we’ll stay out on Diwali Night, than we don’t want it to be a crowded place but the place shall be near to Delhi (7-8 hours drive max)

Suggestions Required:
a.) Trip Distances
b.) Hotels
c.) Destinations
d.) Local Sightseeing Areas/Spots
e.) Things to carry
f.) Cloths to carry at the schedule time of travel
g.) Contact persons

Alternative Destinations:

Himachal Pradesh
a.) Delhi - Dalhousie – Chamba – Bharmour – Amritsar – Delhi
b.) Delhi – Narkanda/ Thanedar – Manali/ Rohtang – Mc Leodganj – Delhi

Uttrakhand
a.) Delhi – Chopta – Uttarkashi – Rishikesh/ Rafting – Delhi
b.) Delhi – Badrinath – Auli – Rishikesh/Rafting – Delhi
c.) Delhi – Khetikhan – Munsiyari – Nainital – Delhi

Note: We are budget travelers, not because we cannot spend but we want to be close to nature by leaving aside our mundane lives to pure bliss of mother earth.

Thanks in advance

Re: Destination(s) for Diwali Holidays: Uttrakhand or Himachal???

I believe Uttarkhand would be a best option. It will be way too cool in Himachal now and not a good season. [:)]

Hey Tornado,

Nice plan for your last bachelor party buddy !! If I would have postponed my visit to Delhi, then I could have travelled with[;)] Oh what is your doubt, Yes I am a family man, but whenever I am away from home, I am bachelor..hahahah

Rather than your original two plans I like this one very much

To be really away from Cities and wonderful road sceneries and wonderful lonely experience, but only problem is that I do not know how much time it takes from Amritsar to Delhi on the last day. But I was really impressed(my trip during 2001) to go to Dalhousie which is really a lonely place in nature and away from everything and crowd too !!

Thread Starter #4

Hey Tornado,

Nice plan for your last bachelor party buddy !! If I would have postponed my visit to Delhi, then I could have travelled with[;)] Oh what is your doubt, Yes I am a family man, but whenever I am away from home, I am bachelor..hahahah

Rather than your original two plans I like this one very much

To be really away from Cities and wonderful road sceneries and wonderful lonely experience, but only problem is that I do not know how much time it takes from Amritsar to Delhi on the last day. But I was really impressed(my trip during 2001) to go to Dalhousie which is really a lonely place in nature and away from everything and crowd too !!

Thanks a lot,

Yes, iam also inclined to that trip, as i get oppertunity to meet my friends in Chandigarh and also in Chamba, will see a new territory name Bharmor.
Amritsar to Delhi usually takes around 8-10 hours on a superb smooth tarmac.

Even drive to Dalhousie has almost 480 kms of Plain Area drive till pathankot and from there its just around 100 kms on twisties.

Yes, I travelled from Chandigarh to Ludhiana and from there my close friend joined with his family as they have a own guest house in Dalhousie near some Raja mahal(which is featured in 1942 A love story film). We travelled from Ludhiana to Hoshiarpur and changed our rides to one M800 and other was Zen petrol. Yes till pathankot its just a plain area and real fun started after that we were just racing with each other on those twisty and dangerous ghats till Dalhousie and pick some food and other things and went to the deep ghats where that guest house was located and I still remember that evening how we have spent in chilled weather having some good juices[;)] till midnight.

Top Bottom