Hola TAI-gers!!

Thread Starter #1
Hi,

I am Paul. I am in the General Insurance Sector. I have recently joined TAI. Also, I have recently learned driving car and am getting into the scene....
To top it all... I have also booked my first car. It is a Hyundai Xcent SX new model. Thanks to TAI I found answers to all my queries in the forum already shared by others which helped me shortlist this car.
Now I have a few queries to ask:
1) I had booked my car in Dec'15 a red color model which was sold to someone else who paid the full amount by 31st Dec. I made the payment in 7th Jan and was informed of this. I had got all angry and the GM sales of the dealership assured me this was genuine miscommunication and I will be given a 2016 Jan model at the same price.
2) But, the problem was post Chennai Floods, the plant was closed and I was informed that I would be made aware of the allotment once the plant starts functioning.

- I want to know whether the dealer is taking me for a ride?
- How to confirm that the vehicle would be a 2016 model? ( I understand the VIN should do this)
- I have been informed that the dealership has received the allotment yesterday and the SA will share the Engine/Chasis No by Monday. Is this the procedure?

Thread Starter #3
Re: Holla TAIgers!!

Thanks! Just to update I have received the engine/chassis number and the vehicle has been shipped from Chennai. Expected in Kolkata by 27th Jan!

Thread Starter #5
Hey Guys,
Been a bit buys so could not update on the Car. Took delivery on last Sunday at the dealership. Was offered foot mats, idol, perfume as the part of the deal. Got the registration papers today and the number plates would be fixed on Monday. So far has been a good experience. Coming to the driving part, its been smooth but only 44 kms on the ODO so yet to form any opinion.

Parting note few pictures. Pardon the poor quality:

IMG_20160131_115758.jpg

IMG_20160202_083609.jpg

Hi paul, welcome to TAI and congrats on your first car. It looks absolutely beautiful. Wishing you tons and tons of happy miles with it. Just 1 questions- Why not the elite i20? As far as I know, the sedan doesnt hold too many advantages over it does it? Anyways, once more congrats.

Hi Paul, Welcome to TAI and hearty congratulations for your new car[clap]!. Waiting for your ownership review. Wish you a great time with TAI and happy miles ahead on your new ride! [:)]

Thread Starter #8
Hi paul, welcome to TAI and congrats on your first car. It looks absolutely beautiful. Wishing you tons and tons of happy miles with it. Just 1 questions- Why not the elite i20? As far as I know, the sedan doesnt hold too many advantages over it does it? Anyways, once more congrats.
When I had booked the Xcent SX model... the comparable model of Elite i20 was only Magna which lacked both airbags and ABS ( both these were my primary requirements). So for me Xcent was more VFM and now that I have got a 2016 model at 2015 prices it has become more VFM for me[:D]

Top Bottom