HM Launches New Ambassador with Minor Upgrades

Re: New HM Ambassador Ready by January 2011?

Yes this car rocks. If I decide to start my taxi business I'll be using these. I was thinking of calling my business Classic cabs. Copyright 2011
[lol]
:lol!::lol!: good one but seriously do you guys feel that even taxi wallas will using ambys now?? even if its price is low they will prefer getting indigo CS anyday!!

taxi walahs prefer innovas ,taveras and indica. amby is just a burden for them. only reason they bear is lack of buyer which force them to use it till its death.

Gone are the days days when taxi walas used to have fleet of Ambys. These days even they prefer cars which give maximum comfort. I know some taxi operators who prefer the costly Innova over Tavera just because the former is more comfortable.

350Z

Core Team

Today, Hindustan Motors has silently slotted in the latest and upgraded version of their Ambassador. New Amby will come with 1817 MPFi Petrol Engine which is capable of producing 71bhp @ 4800RPM and 13.7kgm @ 2250RPM. Top-end variant of new Ambassador is priced at Rs.7.03 Lakhs (On Road, Bangalore). Below is the feature list and brochure scan from BurnYourFuel.com.

Exterior Features
* Side Indicator with Escutcheon
* Rear view mirror
* Headlamp with Clear glass
* Body color bumper
* Full wheel hub cover
* Soft touch door handle
* Diamond cut tail lamp

Misc Features
* 5-Speed gear box
* Power steering for easy maneuverability
* Power windows
* Music System
* Molded Door Pad
* Mobile Charger
* Spacious Interiors
* Digital Trip Meter with multi-trip option
* Malfunction Indicator

Colours
* Jet Black
* Lunar Silver
* Fire Brick Red
* Oyster Blue
* Ecru Beige
* Crystal White

2011_HM_Ambassador-1.jpg

2011_HM_Ambassador-3.jpg

2011_HM_Ambassador-5.jpg

2011_HM_Ambassador-2.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #35
Hmmm they have refurbished the interiors quite well keeping up with the modern era , but i would have liked to see some fresh exterior design too. But maybe HM is trying the "Thar" way by retaining the old classic look!

I am surprised to see no diesel option.

At this price its going to be head on with Manza , Dzire and Etios i guess. Lets see how they fare this time.

AMG

Suspended
No diesel variant?

Does HM want me to go bankrupt by filling it up with petrol every time.

350Z

Core Team
I don't think HM can go much far with such kind of refreshments on the Ambassador. The car has begun to show it's age, no matter whichever latest features they might add. The dated design is now asking for a change. Adding some pictures. (Due credit Indian Autos Blog).

2011_Hindustan_Motors_Ambassador-5.jpg

2011_Hindustan_Motors_Ambassador-3.jpg

2011_Hindustan_Motors_Ambassador-2.jpg

2011_Hindustan_Motors_Ambassador-11.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

Oh man... Now i really miss my old amby. If i had a plenty of money and didnt know what to do with it. Then i will buy a amby and modify it in the best possible way in this planet...

Diesel variant of 2011 HM Ambassdor

No diesel variant?

Does HM want me to go bankrupt by filling it up with petrol every time.
@AMG-There is a diesel variant with turbocharged non CRDI diesel engine.Please see the the picture below - it shows a 2000DSZ variant
gmbaojun630sedaninterio.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys, this is just a temporary & small makeover for the Amby. The completely changed Amby with totally transformed looks will be launched somewhere around December.

The Amby's familiar rounded rear squab and curvaceous sloping hood will give way to an aerodynamic bonnet with straight lines and a new boot with integrated tail lights. The all-new Ambassador will have modern wrap-around headlamps.

The changes will be radical with rich features and improved looks to take on all modern competing sedans.

Source:
Hindustan Motors to give Ambassador a complete makeover - Economic Times

Beautiful car. After long time hearing something on the same. Diesel option is missing i feel? What about the engine is it ISUZU sourced?

Do the people at HM walk around with shuters on their eyes? Can't they re style the car? They have examples in front of them like the fiat 500, mini, etc. Such idiots.. should stop making cars.

Last edited by a moderator:
The problem with Ambassdor is not the product itself but lack of evolution in design, engine and transmission,in last 20 years which is hurting it the brand most.
What HM has done is just improving minor things or fixing it.

350Z

Core Team
Guys, this is just a temporary & small makeover for the Amby. The completely changed Amby with totally transformed looks will be launched somewhere around December.

The Amby's familiar rounded rear squab and curvaceous sloping hood will give way to an aerodynamic bonnet with straight lines and a new boot with integrated tail lights. The all-new Ambassador will have modern wrap-around headlamps.

The changes will be radical with rich features and improved looks to take on all modern competing sedans.

Source:
Hindustan Motors to give Ambassador a complete makeover - Economic Times
That news really comes as a huge sigh of relief. This means Hindustan Motors is not completely working with their eyes closed. Maybe with the release of this small upgrade, they are observing the public reaction when Amby gets latest features, but in old clothing though. Nonetheless, let’s hope for the best. It’ll be nice if they can pick some cues from DC Amberoid which was actually based on Ambassador. There are several areas where the company will need to focus and if they do not live up to the much created hype, chances are that all efforts will go into vain.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom