HM Ambassador Sub-4 Metre CS Version

HM Amby CS Diesel should be Good.
I saw somewhere that they are looking for FIAT 1.3 MJD
engine!!? for amby?
AMBY needs a very good Diesel engine. I think 1.3 MJD is underpowered. AMBY needs any engine > 1.5 L. atleast a 1.6 MJD should be ok .

HM should have installed a CRDI ISUZU ENGINE.
I heared that 2.0L ISUZU was giving 19 km/L on Highway (which is not a CRDI).
So they should have gone for a CRDI 2.0L Engine.

I don't know what they are going to do for PETROL version (ISUZU 1.8L) which gives only 8 KM/L (city) and 12KM/L ( Highway) ??

KKKK
1.3 MJD sits both in SX4 and Ertiga with kerb weights of ~1200 Kg and ~1700 Kg. Regular Amby should weight somewhere around 1300 Kg. So 1.3 should not be seen as underpowered.

I am more interested in how they are going to change a rear wheeler to front wheel one if MJD is going in. Wouldn't there be any impact on the overall dynamics?

Isuzu crdi should have been a better bet however owing to the cost change related to tax slab change, would HM would go for it?

Will there be any takers for this car even if they place it competitively? Customers already have many feature rich options in all segments between 5 to 10Lakh price range.

deville_56

Honoured Member
Whatever they do, there won't be any takers for their products, when there are lot of proven, reliable and modern cars in the market. With most of theirs dealerships closed and poor/nonexistent aftersales, no hope for them. Only thing is to create a cult status like the RE Classic.

I have driven Amby and swift dzire (Petrol).
In Swift dzire (petrol) 1.3L if you try to move(start) in 2nd gear the engine will switchoff. (you should only use 1st gear)
In Amby you can move it from 2nd gear also without any issue. This is becoz of 1.5L engine.
I wonder how Amby 1.5L HM diesel is BSIV without a CRDI technology!.
What is going to happen to 2.0L Diesel ISUZU and 1.8L petrol ISUZU.?

Sooner they go for CRDI for Diesel and Petrol Engine with VVT its better.

kkkk

Top Bottom