HM Ambassador Pick-Up Named as VEER!

Re: HM Ambassador Pick Up Named As VEER!

Why HM is doing such things to the Amby?[frustration]
It is a classic and a legend.It still reminds us the good old days.
They could have upgraded the engine and interiors instead.
And how many of these will be sold when there are much better pick ups available in the market.

Hi, maybe it looks ugly or whatever but its very VFM in my opinion. [thumbsup]
VFM in terms of bigger size vehicle in least price.
HM should have tried with a newer design (boxy atleast) than spoiling the amby.

This vehicle can find some buyers in rural areas, but i am damn sure, it wont be a great success as i think HM is expecting it to be. The only words which i could think of after viewing the REAL pics of Veer was Yuck[pig].

For Heaven sake HM should change this vehicle's front design. Its a kind of degrading India's own golden jubilee car Ambassador.[confused] I am a die hard fan of Amby's. HM's these kind of activities are not fair. They are spoiling its fame literally. Still there are many people who admire at an Amby. Right from Kashmir to Kanyakumari, each and every person knows about this car. Even today in Kerala and in some parts of Tamilnadu, we can see brand new as well as old Ambys. Some of them even consider Amby as their family member & also maintained by them for 40 years or so. This will make them heart-broken for sure. So please try some other design and leave that Ambassador. Let it be as usual.

Totally yucky and a pathetic design sense. Instead of working on something new they only try to sell age old design. Interiors and exteriors are crying to get upgraded. Are you listening HM.

This is going to be another failure. What are HM smoking? Such a big vehicle and a payload of only 800 kgm[surprise]? What happened to winner? It should have been marketed in the 8oo kgm, payload field, while this needs to have an payload of at least 1 ton.

Only HM can do it.They are the only one who are responsible for their condition.India has moved on from 80's so everyone,but they still think people will still buy Amby or its pick up.

This is one unimaginable creation from HM. The name "Veer" also is as old as the vechile.
I dont understand why cant they change the design as per the market rather than living in 80's
They are also launching in CNG version. Now how safe is this for a pickup truck.

Well, I also had reservations on the design of the pickup version. It could have been more glamorous especially the Radiator grille and the rear. I nearly thought the grill was a quick weld job by any roadside weld shop.

On the contrary that's what Ambassador is known for ....any roadside mechanic or welder can repair it.More so for a pick up version in Indian rural area.

Krish_go there is nothing specially unsafe about CNG in Pickup truck. All commercial vehicles may it be Buses , taxis, auto rickshaws and Trucks (including Tata Ace , MCVs ,HCVs) in Delhi are mandatorily run on clean fuel (CNG). I am sure same is the case in Mumbai & parts of Gujarat.Thus the CNG version is earmarked for such regions.

Well look like in some country Hindustan Motors are in demand [:)]

Source: Motorbeam
HM Ambassador Launched In Bangladesh:

If you thought the all time classic HM Ambassador is dead and gone, think again, you may be wrong especially if you stay in a country like Bangladesh! The HM ambassador may not have the same old charm left in India but it still retains its demand in a country like Bangladesh. The leading local business conglomerate of Bangladesh, Intraco Motors Limited has teamed up with Hindustan Motors to sell the ambassador in the market. Ambassador has been the most sought after and trusted product of the flagship venture of CK Birla group, Hindustan Motors. The Ambassador sold in Bangladesh will be available in petrol, diesel and CNG variants.

“I would like to invite you (Indian automobile investors) to invest directly or relocate your industry in Bangladesh. As a minister I assure you allout support on behalf of the government,” Industries Minister Dilip Barua said while inaugurating the ambassador at a city hotel.
The petrol and CNG variants are powered by a 1800cc engine with AC as standard option. The diesel variant will be powered by a 1350cc engine which will also have AC as a standard fitment. The cars would cost BDT 2.250 million and BDT 1.550 million respectively. Acting Indian commissioner in Dhaka, Mr. Sanjay Bhattacharya, FBBCI senior vice president M Jashim Uddin and MD of Hindustan Motors Manoj Jha were also present on the launch event. Hindustan Motors also has plans to set up a manufacturing plant in Savar with the help of Intraco Motors Limited. The plant will be set with an estimated cost of US$10 million and both the companies have a plan to assemble 10,000 cars within the next three years. Initially, they will assemble 200 cars.

Hindustan Motors postpone the launch of Pajero & commercial vehicles.

The company was earlier planning to launch the commercial vehicles along with the new Pajero at the Expo but will now roll them out during the first quarter of 2012. "One of our passenger carrier variants is expected to get approval from Automotive Research Association of India (ARAI) soon. Other commercial variants built on the Ambassador platform are also in the pipeline. Market research is being conducted across different states to elicit customer feedback on the new products. The rescheduled launch of Pajero and HM stable vehicles will start from the first quarter of the coming year (2012).

Pajero launch has been delayed as Thailand was hit by floods in July 2011

Source:Zigwheels

HM can never learn, can they?!! In the 90's the amby was the default choice for taxis. Classic design, lounge levels of comfort and longevity meant it was a perfect retro runabout. Then came the Indica and literally stole the tour operator market. HM didn't do anything that time. About 3 years into the Indica's launch amby sales were negligible, and still HM didn't do anything. HM are 100% responsible for killing a true legend. Small updates every 3 years would have definitely kept the amby alive... But HM just sat on their lazy bottoms and did absolutely nothing!!! It's very sad, and annoying how the top management has ruined it.

And now they launch this abomination !
Last nail in the coffin for amby I guess....

Top Bottom