High Security Vehicle Registration Plates (HSRP)

Hahahaha, In AP it is being monitored by Supreme court directly but no action yet from state government as supreme court has already issued number of warnings and may be finally they will prosecute some body from government to implement this[lol]

Another update - courtesy today's Times of India, Bangalore

NUMBER PLATES CASE
A division bench headed by Chief Justice DH Waghela on Tuesday refused to interfere with an interim order passed by a single-judge bench on a petition concerning the tender process for implementing High Security Registration Plates (HSRP) for motor vehicles in the state.
The division bench was of the view that the interim order passed by the single bench was based on the dictum issued by the Supreme Court stipulating that no high court will pass any interim order on the tenders relating to implementation of HSRP across the country.
However, the division bench said the company can approach the single bench seeking early disposal of the petition.
M/s Tonnjes Eastern Security Technologies Ltd, New Delhi had challenged the June 6 order of the single bench order rejecting their plea to stay certain conditions in the tender invited on March 19, 2013.
The Delhi company had challenged the condition which allowed only those companies having 50% Indian shareholding to be eligible to participate in the bid claiming that the said condition runs contrary to India’s FDI policy. The single bench had rejected the plea made by the company for staying the said condition.

There is some news in local news papers similar to above, that a present tender is getting cancelled and they will call for tenders once again, then that would be 10th time within these 6 to 7 years[frustration]

HSNP in Delhi

Hello all.
These days all new car comes with high security number plates[HSNP] and in Delhi these plates are available for old vehicles also. I know that sooner the Govt. is going to make it compulsory for old vehicles as well and will start charging fines.

I have contacted the allocated centers but they don't seem to reply. My car's registration is of Bareilly[Uttar Pradesh], so do I have to go to bareilly for that or it can be fitted here only in Delhi?

Also, is there any process for change of address on the Driving License and is it really necessary to change it ?

Attaching a number is no hassle, at least what I faced here in Kolkata. Mine allocated time was at 8.00 AM. Went there and within 10 mins all things were over. The process was very smooth and not complicated at all. I had not thought it will take that little time. [clap]

Banning of number plates with IND Hologram

When I heardnews that IND hologram plates are banned in India, it was really quiet surprising. Is this info true as I heard that people are fined Rs.100 and the reason is because of using number plate with "IND" Hologram. If it is true wwhy it is banned? Any idea on this guys. And I heard that Government is going to launch a standard set of number plates. Are these true? What will lakhs of people do when they have fit these number plates on to their machines?

Re: Banning of number plates with IND Hologram

When I heardnews that IND hologram plates are banned in India, it was really quiet surprising. Is this info true as I heard that people are fined Rs.100 and the reason is because of using number plate with "IND" Hologram. If it is true wwhy it is banned? Any idea on this guys. And I heard that Government is going to launch a standard set of number plates. Are these true? What will lakhs of people do when they have fit these number plates on to their machines?
Aniruth, I don't think the ban for all India. The ban is only applicable for TN, as the tender for IND plates were not finalized in TN RTOs. So no TN vehicle can have IND plates. But in my case Pondicherry RTO only fixed the IND plate in my car.

I have my rides fixed with these HSRP the only thing i dont like is that they punch on to the body any overhang on either sides of the plates. [anger][frustration][cry]

Those who want to fix IND plates (not official HSRP) can buy from Movell License Plates, Kerela
They have many good designs and ship free all over India. You can directly order from their website.

(Posted in interest of TAI gers , no business relationship with above entity)

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Car, bike high security no plates get 15 yrs warranty – One time fee, free replacement

The new high security registration plates will be supplied by the automakers to the dealers along with the vehicles manufactured on or after April 1, 2019.

high-security-no-plates-india-cars-bikes-1.jpg

Vehicle dealers can also provide HRRPs for older vehicles. An amendment to Central Motor Vehicles Rules 1989 has also been made to this effect and these new HSRPs will not only make tracking of vehicles easier but will also ensure quick and efficient tracing of lost or stolen vehicles.

Read:

Banning of number plates with IND Hologram

I will travel to TN shortly in my car which has F-HSRP plate with IND. Is the Ban or Fine still applicable specially in TN/Chennai ? Members please advise.
Or shall I cover the IND part which I see in many cars .

Had those HSRP's fitted on my Aprilia SR150 3 months ago and they are going well as of now.Had those HSRPS on our City when we bought it but removed those plates after 2 months of purchase.

Hello,

Is it mandatory to get high security number plates in Punjab/Chandigarh? When I got the car the showroom said that it's not needed so I installed simple plates. Will it be of any issue if I go outside state?

Top Bottom