High Security Vehicle Registration Plates (HSRP)

The word "IND" peeled off, Not the real registration number but in-case it does, then I doubt if they were original. BTW, Even if these are the so-called High security number plates, Then it will barely protect the car because nowadays, thieves are more interested in car parts, rather than complete car itself!

Drive Safe,
350Z
The world "IND" got half erased,while the "INDIA" got erased completely on a few letters and numbers,as thinner played its part.
They are called as high security plates,only when the Government and R.T.O gets the mandatory rule to be implemended,so that people will take thing seriously and register in R.T.O,and accordingly they can get their vehicle's details secured.So that,if in case of any robbery or theft attempt,those details can help the police to get the vehicle back by using those details given on that IND plate.

And God knows when are this gonna be mandatory. I have heard that this rule was first presented to the court 5-7 years back! Is it true? Also you know our INDIAN LAW SYSTEM, it takes years to give decisions!
It was presented long ago,but its the government asking for more time again and again and it is not the fault of the courts by the way.

I have the security type plates(not the real actual thing,but made on the same machines used to make the real ones.) on my car(rear only) and bike both front and rear. Costs involved around my place is 1000-1200 rupees for cars and 500-600 rupees for bikes.

Last edited:
the plates look nice buddy but 'MH 01" & "5955" are not aligned properly.
raj, i think there are 1 or 2 alphabets before 5955 which he has blurred.
Yeah looking cool but as Raj said why are they not aligned properly??
Thanks raj_5004,sriharsha and cooldhaya!

And yes you are right sriharsha! My reg. no is 'MH 01 $$ 5955' and i have blured those two alphabets.[;)] And it looks proper when those are not blured![:D]

looking nice. can they be broken easily? i mean how hard are they? i have also sometimes seen that nuber plates get fold after sometime and i hate it!! [anger]

oh, sorry gears, actually you have blurred it so well, i could not make out!
Thanks raj![thumbsup]

looking nice. can they be broken easily? i mean how hard are they? i have also sometimes seen that nuber plates get fold after sometime and i hate it!!
Thanks umang, I dont know about breaking but yes it can be bent easily! But the guy from whom i brought says that its german quality and it is unbreakable, God knows! Well, to be on safer side I have placed on the acrylic sheet to make it strong.[:D] This may not bent either. The main reason is the children of my area are so much into sports that either my bike is their stumps during cricket or is it's of the goal post during football. Cant say anythin to them because majority of them are my cousins! Also the thing comes to mind that 'ONCE WE WERE ALSO KIDS!!'

Re: High Security Vehicle Registration Plates (IND)

I think i will get these for my car.

Anybody knows where to get these IND plates in Chennai?

350Z

Core Team

News is that high security vehicle registration number plates will be officially implemented in India from December 2011 onwards.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #44

Thank God. I was really happy when the Goa govt. implemented some time back. Thanks to the useless opposition it had to be stopped. Hopefully we will now have proper plates from now on.

So should I buy one for my DZire and Activa, or should I wait till it is actually implemented! Also I think I will have to change my bike's IND plates too, if the rto guyz says thats its illegal!![roll]

Top Bottom