High Security Vehicle Registration Plates (HSRP)

Hey
i dealer deposited documents at RTO on 23rd july. Now its 25t august. Every wee the HSRP plate center incharge tells me to ask next week . When will i get no plate man
Is this taking this much time really? what to do [glasses]

i went to my RTO and whole area is being managed by touts i think
everyone after me for sir what is the car number what registration
it's difficult to deal with touts

Crackdown on cars without new number plates from Wednesday

If you are yet to get a high-security registration plate (HSRP) installed' in your car, be prepared to face the music.

After a breather of almost three weeks, the Delhi traffic police will now come down heavily on cars — bought after May 1 — plying on city roads without these plates from Wednesday.

“We will issue court challans to violators and won’t penalise them. We won’t impound the vehicles either but will seize one of the documents such as driving licence or registration certificate of the car from the defaulter,” said Satyendra Garg, joint commissioner of police (traffic).
He said the owners would be given 15 days’ time to get a high-security plate installed. The traffic police would prosecute only those who found driving without these plates even beyond 15 days, he said.

On the request of transport department officials, the traffic police had postponed the crackdown twice in three weeks to clear the backlog of 70,000 cars. But over 40,000 new cars are yet to get the high-security plates installed, said officials.

“Cars without high-security plates violate the Supreme Court directions and we cannot let it continue,” Garg added.

On September 25, traffic police had announced a drive against new cars plying without high-security plates. The drive was scheduled to start on October 1, which was postponed by about two weeks for cars bought on or after May 1.

Re: Crackdown on cars without new number plates from Wednesday

Is this rule going to be implemented only in Delhi or pan india?

Is this rule going to be implemented only in Delhi or pan india?
all rules start in delhi and the metros and then pan india.

wasted the entire day today in getting the high security registration plates fitted in my brio. My center was at Tagore garden, woke up to news about the traffic police drive starting tomorrow and a Rs 2000 fine. Left for Tagore garden at 10.30 am and after asking for directions finally reached the shop.

Then the ordeal started. It was crowded like hell with people fighting and jostling for attention. By the time my number plate came out, it was already 1.45 pm and lunch ! they took back the number plate and asked us to wait till 2.30pm. The shutters finally opened at 2.40pm and by 3 pm i was done.

moral of the story -
do not wait for the last moment
carry a tent so that others start envying you :p;
if people around you get angry and start abusing them, be ready to add 30 minutes to your lead time.
have quintals of patience.
curse yourself for living in delhi.

all this effort for 2 number plates and this sticker [pig]

Attachments

It seems HSRP is going the start in Bangalore/Karnataka. Government/Transport dept has invited tenders for partners/PPP players for the plates as per below :

Source : Times of India, Bangalore Edition , 18th Mar 2013.

Cheers,
Anshuman

Attachments

@Anshuman

AP government calling for tenders since so many years and never finalised so far even though Supreme court has issued strict warnings to implement this [lol][lol]

Installing HSRP is a big pain. I have installed HSRP in my Strome here in gurgaon and believe me you will regret why did you buy a car. The process is given below:

Day 1: Went to RTO at 9 am and found that there is a holiday so reached to my office.
Day 2 Went again to RTO at 9 am and waited in a queue. The babu came after 15 mins and spent another 15 mins to wipe his chair, starting his computer and talking to his fellow colleges. Showed him my RC and have gave me an authorization letter.
Day 2: went to the dealer (it's near to the RTO), reached there and found that there is a huge queue so started waiting for my turn. After another 45 mins my turn cam and i went inside. Shown my RC & one ID, gave them the authorization letter issued by RTO and Paid 365 rupees. They gave me a slip and asked me to come after 4 days.

After 4 Days: Again reached the dealer at sharp 9 am and found atleast 20 people waiting for the window to open before me. At 9:30 window opened and after some timw my turn came. I gave them the slip, then they asked me to come after 2 hrs. I asked why? they said that now when i have given the slip , they will create my number plates. I asked what were you doing in these 4 days, they replied that this is the procedure. So came to my office around 10 am.

After lunch (at 2:30) i again went there to collect my number plates, luckily got the plates in just 5 mins. Now was the turn to get them fixed. there is a ground in front of dealer office and there was a long separate queues of around 10 - 12 cars and around 30 bikes. So waited for my turn again, was sitting in my storme with A/C on all the time it was very hot that day, mean while i asked for a screw driver from the installer so that i can myself remove the temporary plates to save some time. Finally after 45 mins i reached to the person who was installing the HSRP, he installed the front plate then went to have a tea break, he came after 10 mins and told me that there is a power cut and he cannot drill the hole in the rear number plate, so again waited for another 10 mins and got the plates fixed.

I hope things are not so painful in Bangalore, when the process starts (if at all).

In Kolkata it is much simpler I guess as I have heard dealers get the whole thing done before they hand over the car to you. Of course you have an option to get the car without the plates , but again have to visit the Dealer/RTO at later date to get them fixed.

Cheers,
Anshuman

I think in Delhi also the the car dealers get all the things done before delivering the car.
BTW is HSRP required for old cars as well in NCR?

Top Bottom