High Court Orders All Cars in Gujrat To Switch To Gas Within a Year

CNG save a lot of money - but it takes 1/2 an hour (on an average) to fill that too just 8 kg. Imagine what will happen if all cars are converted to CNG!

I think it is high time courts giving such orders without looking to consequences[frustration]

I think we should change the constitution as to the eligibility for judge in a high court to be as an automobile engineer and having a work experience at any car manufacturer for 10 years[clap]

Iam pretty sure the judge who passed this statement is mentally ill and needs strict medical assistance at the earliest or he was enjoying a rave party till early morning and came to the court in a euphoric and high state i can bet my life on this after reading this news or he and the entire team has been bribed heavily by Adani group who are cng makers in Gujarat .

Now first and foremost what happens to a q7 to chevy beat and all the cars in all segments which are diesiels .are they going to get banned in Gujrat ?
What the owner has to do When the technology itself dosent support the conversion ?

And will automakers across all the segments start really producing cng cars ?

This is just not practical and will never get implemented .

I fully support cng cars for what they offer and I myself might buy 1 if more cars are offered in the market ,but making this choice mandatory is nothing but actually calling India a democratic country with dictatorship rules and regulations .

And btw I heared this rule applies to only cars below 8 lakhs is this true ? Can any 1 confirm this ?

Last edited:
Thread Starter #20
Just a question came in my mind. Will BMW, Mercs and Audi owners be installing CNG to their cars? [surprise]
There is a Ferrari showroom in Ahemdabad. And there must be some Rolls Royce, Bentley etc being used by people in Gujrat. All those will be running on CNG?? - Ha ha ha ha. [:D]

And why two wheelers have been left out, my lords. Include these also. Two, three, five, six, seven wheeler; anything that has any number of wheels should be run on CNG only.

Last edited:
There is a defined path been mentioned for pollution norms with successive years with time so such litigation was foolish in the first place.
The litigation should have instead banned those older polluting vehicles older than the ones which do not satisfy euro 3 norms or so and then depending on feasibility talk about converting it to cng.

Either the judge wants everyone to drive in lymph mode or the judge does not want people to Buy cars.

Iam pretty sure the judge who passed this statement is mentally ill and needs strict medical assistance at the earliest or he was enjoying a rave party till early morning and came to the court in a euphoric and high state i can bet my life on this after reading this news or he and the entire team has been bribed heavily by Adani group who are cng makers in Gujarat .

Now first and foremost what happens to a q7 to chevy beat and all the cars in all segments which are diesiels .are they going to get banned in Gujrat ?
What the owner has to do When the technology itself dosent support the conversion ?

I fully support cng cars for what they offer and I myself might buy 1 if more cars are offered in the market ,but making this choice mandatory is nothing but actually calling India a democratic country with dictatorship rules and regulations .

And btw I heared this rule applies to only cars below 8 lakhs is this true ? Can any 1 confirm this ?
Agree with you . It should be choice not forcing anyone. I know many people who doesn't like CNG prefer to drive petrol

+10000 to that.

This is the most dumbest order a court can come up with. I mean if they would have implemented this to the local buses, cabs and autos it would have been still okay. But all the cars in the State.

Can someone please go and ask the judge how to get a 7series, Q7, Bentley, etc etc to work with gas

If this is case then this is most mostest dumbest rule ever passed. The cars below 8 lacs are the one providing high FE figures. So that means those are most eco friendly car. What about the costlier cars? they are already judged to be eco friendly, Might be that Judge himself owns few cars above 8 lacs. [lol]. As I have already mentioned in other thread mentioning here as well. People of India despite of paying hefty taxes are ripped off heavily at all stages and wherever is it possible by government.

Thread Starter #27
Gujrat government has decided to appeal against the order in the Supreme Court. Hope that SC has a better sense in understanding the consequences of such order.

There should be referendum system in the country for such kind of decisions I feel. At least governments and courts will come to know what people are thinking exactly.

Not only this many of times, we have to live with the decisions of ruling governments and Courts decisions even we like or not and at times I want to loudly say NO, but who listens to this.

Last edited:

Top Bottom