High Court Orders All Cars in Gujrat To Switch To Gas Within a Year

Thread Starter #1
A strange decision has arrived from a court in Gujrat. All follow members, just thinking about it is so funny. It will not be implemented in all probability, but any how, just see it.[confused]

In an order which would impact lakhs of people owning cars, the Gujarat high court on Wednesday directed the state government to pass necessary laws to make it compulsory for all four-wheelers registered in Gujarat to convert to natural gas within one year.

Further, the court gave two months to the state government to issue necessary orders to impose stringent restrictions to reduce pollution by fixing levels of emission to the minimum, at par with international norms. The order applies to both public and private vehicles running on petrol and diesel.

carnama: Court orders all cars in Gujarat to switch to gas within a year

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Re: Court orders all cars in Gujarat to switch to gas within a year

yeah i read about it and it's really strange [surprise]
not all cars will be able to adapt to CNG. it's just wierd.

i'm reluctant to fit CNG in my i10 1.2 kappa , just because people say CNG's not good for this car.
i wonder what will happen to cars having engines above 1500cc. it's just insane.

they won't do proper fitness test of government vehicles and all the 100 year old trucks covering thousands of kilometers daily causing so much pollution but we have to do all the things to bring down pollution [anger] [anger]

statement in the link : " The judges suggested gas prices be cheaper for public vehicles and higher for privately owned vehicles. "

so two prices for the same fuel.

Last edited:

Vibhor, am I allowed to use some nice expletives just for this thread PLEASE?

WTF is going with court now days first ban on sunfilm now forcing people to change to CNG what next hmmmm

Next one:

A four wheeled vehicle (a car) should be used legally only if there are four occupants.
1) Any vehicle found on road with less than four occupants to be treated as unlawful act and the driver to be penalized heavily under section xxxxxx of the IPC.
2) Any such vehicles found violating the law shall be seized as Govt property and the registered owner of the car to be held responsible for all matters of the Indian Judiciary as per relevant sections of IPC

Exception:
All the registered owners of sports vehicle (having seating capacity of less than 4 ~ Generally two seaters) are hereby directed to drive there respective vehicles only between 12 am to 4 am in metros, 11pm to 5am in non-metro cities. Such vehicles are not allowed to enter OR drive on any road under the umbrella of National Haighway Authorities of India (NHAI).

This will be fun, wouldn't it.

350Z

Core Team
A strange decision has arrived from a court in Gujrat. All follow members, just thinking about it is so funny. It will not be implemented in all probability, but any how, just see it.
The authorities are either too lazy to enforce the existing set of rules or they just want to keep a single criteria to make the work easier. First the sunfilms were banned throughout rather than strictly enforcing the previous rule as per motor vehicle stating the use of 50% (Side) 70% (Front / Rear) tint visibility. Now instead of strictly mandating the pollution checkup, fitness of old vehicles etc. they have come up with a super solution: i.e. implement the use of natural gas on each vehicle. It would still have been acceptable if it was limited to commercial (public / transport) vehicles as in Delhi but presto. How I wish if this news was about stringent PUC Checks, Subsidy on Ecofriendly vehicles etc. for the benefit of everyone.

Drive Safe,
350Z

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Just a question came in my mind. Will BMW, Mercs and Audi owners be installing CNG to their cars? [surprise]
i mentioned , engines above 1500cc. what will happen to them although corollas , civics and even i have seen accords with CNG.

this was clicked by me some days back [lol]

DSC_0682.jpg

So what I too have corolla with CNG and all these years I was wasting money on petrol which used to give just 11-12 with CNG 20 with ac in city and 25 on highway last not least cheaper to maintain and cheaper fuel

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
So what I too have corolla with CNG and all these years I was wasting money on petrol which used to give just 11-12 with CNG 20 with ac in city and 25 on highway last not least cheaper to maintain and cheaper fuel
yes i know it's cheaper. i have one car fitted with cng but i don't think CNG is meant for these cars. no hard feelings but it's my personal opinion.

Top Bottom