High Cost of Servicing Maruti Dealership

Thread Starter #1
Hello All,

I own a maruti 800 2002 bs3 vehicle. Its a sparingly used vehicle. I use it 2-3 times a month. Last week I received a call from kalyani that my service is due and caller told me a service discount of 15%. I had gone to a kalyani service station in nagadevenhalli bangalore prompt in a morning at 9 am.

The service advisor inspected the vehicle and he made a slip. He got out his tab in a funky way and asked me a few questions and told me that oil has not been changed for 2 years according to the service history. For that I told him that I had bought shell oil and given it to the earlier service guys and they had put it so its not visible in service record.
He then gave me a estimate.

The total came upto 5.5k for oil change, brake oil change, spark plug change and brake cleaning and general service.

I told him that I had put new plugs and brake cleaning is not neccessay.

He told me that you cannot change anything and have to do what service advisor says. If you want I will do the 40 point service and will not change the oil or brake oil.

I got pissed off. If a new component is added then you cannot keep it cause it not in their service history. This is news.
I told him politely that I will do the service somewhere else and walked away.

Has anyone faced such incidents in maruti service. Beaware of the frauds like these where you are forced to do what they want and not what you want to pay for

5.5k is way too high for a M800.
Last month I got my 40k kms service done for my Wagon R Stingray and was billed ~Rs.4.3k.
All fluids were changed, lube oil, coolant and brake oil. Battery water topped up(was almost dry).
All filters were replaced, the lube oil filter, air filter and fuel filter.
Spark plugs too were replaced.
They have service kits available as a packet which contains the various filters and spark plugs for specific vehicles, all MGP.
Got the AC filter cleaned as spare was not available and added a new Hella Horn too at the dealer itself.
Got the car washed and vacuumed too, all inclusive at the abovementioned price.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #3
Update,
I have changed my oil/filter at Shell gas station in nayandanhalli . Costed 930. Changing is free of charge. Changed the air filter
& wiper blade myself. Costed 430.
Cleaned the spark plugs. Check all the fluid levels

Engine running smoothly
Will leave it for general checkup service in a month or 2

Thread Starter #4
update Coolant pipe leak near the thermostat. Wasted a 1 litre of coolant. Need to get itsorted myself of get it to service centre. Its at a very inaccessible place to remove

Service advisers in Maruti Dealership try to loot by adding some extra things which are not needed. You need to tell them directly that these extra things are not needed. I also ended up paying 5.7k for my 20k service on alto 800 cng model. I accepted jobs like fuel injector and throttle cleaning, spark plugs replacement and all. I came to know later that these things are not required for 20k service. Just tell them that I will get my car serviced from some other center if they get into an argument with you.

Just file a complaint and then see the magic , give the bad feedback and I am sure service center people will visit your home to do the job.

Hello All,

I own a maruti 800 2002 bs3 vehicle. Its a sparingly used vehicle. I use it 2-3 times a month. Last week I received a call from kalyani that my service is due and caller told me a service discount of 15%. I had gone to a kalyani service station in nagadevenhalli bangalore prompt in a morning at 9 am.

The service advisor inspected the vehicle and he made a slip. He got out his tab in a funky way and asked me a few questions and told me that oil has not been changed for 2 years according to the service history. For that I told him that I had bought shell oil and given it to the earlier service guys and they had put it so its not visible in service record.
He then gave me a estimate.

The total came upto 5.5k for oil change, brake oil change, spark plug change and brake cleaning and general service.

I told him that I had put new plugs and brake cleaning is not neccessay.

He told me that you cannot change anything and have to do what service advisor says. If you want I will do the 40 point service and will not change the oil or brake oil.

I got pissed off. If a new component is added then you cannot keep it cause it not in their service history. This is news.
I told him politely that I will do the service somewhere else and walked away.

Has anyone faced such incidents in maruti service. Beaware of the frauds like these where you are forced to do what they want and not what you want to pay for
Good you walked away from the ASS. He was definitely taking you for a ride & I am shocked the way he responded to you. You should complain about this to higher authority.

It is always better to select one or 2 good FNG close to your home. There won't be much problem in new cars for 3 yrs, later small problems crop up and if timely maintenance is not done, we have to spend more and more to keep it fit again.

Whenever we choose honest FNG , we have to make a deal with them that we buy the parts from Maruti dealers and let him do the labour work, though he charges a couple of hundred Rupees more. In major issues like Suspension servicing etc, carburetor overhaul, underbody anti - rusting coating etc, better to take a day or 2 off and be present so that we can take on the spot decision to change some critical components.

Majority of the MASS now a days are interested in making their pockets heavy that looking at your pockets.

Top Bottom