Ford Figo: Hidden Facts & Features

I bought while I was in USA. But I saw almost similar models in ebay.
Just search on ebay with the string - " ELM327". I am not sure if any local store carries them.

Buy the bluetooth one and you can use that with your Andoird/Iphone or Laptop. Lots of information is displayed. Shift Indicator is one of the coolest feature.:)

You CAN NOT program your ECU with that. Its just a scanner/real time information reader/fault code reader/eraser.

ifti_sit:
can you tell me where to purchase a OBD scanner? i am based from kolkata. so any kolkata shop or online..

with the OBD tool, can you reprogram the ECU? or is it just for viewing parameters?
Hi Arkantos; the chinese OBD scan tool would cost you about Rs.800/- through ebay.com (shipped from China, Taiwan, HK etc.). And as ifti_sit said, its a scanner and hence you would not be able to program the ECU. But using BT and your smart phone/laptop you will get a lot of data to view.
How to buy:
1) Browse ebay.com for the OBD tool that fits your budget and requirement. The ELM327 are good enough and generic. Hence it does not matter which seller you buy from. Just take care that his ratings are ok (>95%) and they deliver to India. Also see that shipping cost is considered when you calculate the price. With a little bit of searching, you should be able to get one within 16-17 $ (inc. shipping).
2) Buy the item and wait. Delivery in India is through Govt. India Post. They are slow but items are rarely lost (unlike some Pvt. couriers). Generally takes 3-4 weeks for delivery.
3) There is off course a chance that item will get lost/or held up at Custom. However for $20, custom will not bother. If you don't get the item in 45 days, raise a dispute on Ebay and your money will be refunded (Ebay guarantee). However remember you can raise dispute only after 45 days, so count the days.

Hope I have been able to help.

Many local ( Indian ) ebay online stores have them. But its appx INR 2300.
So no custom clearance hassle. But if its INR 800 from outside - definitely worth trying.

Top Bottom